April 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Treatments - Desert Essence - Dessert Essence Blemish Touch Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by auburn420

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This really helps mild my blemishes overnight. The rollerball may not be the most sanitary application method by it sure is handy. Works great on bug bites, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Panther4011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a great product, it works very well at keeping blemishes at bay, it smells good and it does not dry out my skin. I just wish it was cheaper because it runs out so quickly at over $5 a pop, it can get to be a very pricey habit. Still I have not found another blemish treatment that works so well without causing dryness or flakiness.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by RosiePosie93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is great if really want to get rid f a pimple. Even though it takes time it is effective. You have to apply this product often! The packaging says you should apply it 5 times a day, which can be kind of difficult if you're in a public place (i.e. school, work). Over a weekend I cleared up a zit that had gotten REALLY big and was in an obvious spot on my face. It completely dried out the zit and it scabbed and came off after I exfoliated.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2009 8:29:00 AM More reviews by dorilob

A great blemish treatment stick. It worked well to clear up a cystic breakout I had in a matter of days. The smell is not bad and I like that this product is not drying. My one complaint is that if you hold the stick at a certain angle too much product drips out. I have started using it every night on my chin to see if it stops the monthly hormonal breakout I usually get on my chin. UPDATE- nothing great about this after all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 4:48:00 AM More reviews by RachelBaDayChel

this is my new go-to acne treatment. it works!!! and it's all natural too :) if i have a blemish coming on or if there's one already there, i use it. the thing will dry up and go in a day or two! the antiseptic properties of tea tree oil will make any blem just go away. it's more gentle than pure tea tree oil...it has about 9 other calming ingredients in it. i don't mind the smell, because it works, so i could care less lol.

granted the roller isn't the best idea, so i just dab my finger on it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2008 6:04:00 AM More reviews by elaineraino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This smells better than the original tea tree oil, but I found that it wasn't as effective, probably because it's less potent. If you put this stuff too close to your eyes, your eyes will start tearing. However, this stuff does work, eventually, and it is worth your money. Pimples start flaking away and blemishes peel off if you have the patience to keep using it.The packaging is horrible though- if you push too hard, the little rollerball releases too much product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2008 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I purchased this online from Vitacost for $5. I used it occasionally for zits but it really didn't help. At first the ball leaked, then it got stuck so it sat around. One day I decided to take the ball off (trash it) add more tea tree oil and use it for mosquito bites. It became useful again but it's almost gone. I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by littlemissrae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I stumbled upon this during my search for the 'Kiss My Face' botanical acne gel. The health store didn't carry the Kiss My Face product, but I did find this, and after looking through the list of ingredients I figured I'd give it a try. What a lucky find! I've had these persistant blemishes and this has been extremely effective! In fact, I would say it's even more beneficial for blemishes than pure tea tree oil, as it is significantly less irritating. I actually put a small layer of it on my entire face after toning. It super feels refreshing. Not only has it reduced existing blemishes without redness or excessive drying, but I haven't gotten any blemishes since I started using it a week and a half ago. As far as more deep rooted blemishes go, I think the key is consistant application. It suggest 5-6 times a day, and if you can survive without concealer and can reapply as often as possible, it is extremely effective. I had a terribly painful cystic blemish on my chin, and it completely reduced the inflammation, redness, and pain within 24 hours. And the best thing is that there's no dry, red lesion left behind, like there would have been with BP or even pure tea tree oil. Strongly recommend it. Plan to return to buy several bottles of it.

Also ladies, I just want to mention something else I've discovered. For the past month I've experienced all these extremely uncharacteristic and persistant blemishes around my mouth and chin. Well, after much frustration I did some research, and I found tons of articles claiming that whitening toothpaste is often the cause of adult acne around the mouth. Ding ding ding! About a month ago I switched to Crest Vivid White. I immediately switched to Tom's Flouride Free Natural Toothpaste... doesn't taste fantastic but I haven't had one blemish around my mouth since. So for women with extremely sensitive skin such as myself, there really may be correlation between whitening toothpaste and skin irritations. Thought I'd share.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

it's a awesome product!!! it erases ur pimples really quickly. The only negative thing is that its kinda pricy... nearly 7 dollars just 10ml. goes too fast. but if u just have one or two pimples on ur face its a good product to clear them off. if u have a lot...then could try tea tree oil.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2008 2:23:00 AM More reviews by pillager

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The product itself is great--gets rid of pimples fast AND is natural! I love the roller ball application, but my only complaint is that way too much of the product comes out at once and drips down my face. For the price of this blemish stick ($6 at Trader Joe's), I go through it way too quickly. I won't repurchase because it's much cheaper to just mix your own blemish treatment with tea tree oil.