December 18, 2014 | 1732 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Corrector

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Minniebx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best, I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

(Porcelain Bisque) Oh, my... I never thought I'd find anything that pretty much completely erases my under eye circles. It's creamy and non drying. It does crease but to not have that problem I only put it on the darkness, no where else. I use this under my Lancome Effacernes concealer and they are completely gone! (I have really bad under eye darkness). Those two together are a match made in heaven. I'll forever repurchas.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Yolyalex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down this corrector is the best for under eye circles. I have tried different brands. I have been using the Pixi corrector which I find is good as well, but doesn't last long, four hours at best and it's not as creamy. For a couple dollars more you can purchase the Bobbi Brown one and it's 10 times better. I have really bad, hereditary, dark under eye circles and this stuff just feels so creamy and blendable. At first it has to be warmed up a little but then it works perfectly and it doesn't crease, of course I use setting powder and primer under. I was about to give up looking for the perfect corrector, I thought Pixi was as good as it was gonna get but I was wrong!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I have this in Porcelain Peach which is an excellent match for my skin. It's creamy, but does settle into fine lines - I let it settle and then reblend and add powder. Overall, I really like the coverage and excellent colour match.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I gave this a 3 because I know it works for other people.

For me this is just awful. I was "matched" to Light Bisque (I was about a NC15 at the time). I have tried everything to get this to work and have moved on to other products. I have tried using very little and applying concealer on top but then it doesn't do its job correcting. If I put enough on where it's actually correcting it's took thick, obvious, and the peach color shows underneath any concealer I use over it. There's just a lose-lose for me.

Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you.

Note: I don't own this corrector anymore, I'm not asking for help (just so I don't get any advice from kind strangers).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

This corrector is okay. My skin is pale neutral-warm to olive depending on the season, and I was matched to the shade Light Bisque. My dark circles are part of the architecture of my face, they will always be there, but this brightens them impressively. Unfortunately the effect is negated by how even a very light application makes the lines under my eyes appear more wrinkly, prominent, and deeper. This happens regardless of which concealer or powder I follow with. It also has a thick, tacky texture I find difficult to pat in and blend without tugging. I will be trying Laura Mercier's under eye products next.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Mima25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I am nc25 and I have this in light peach. It makes a massive difference to my dark circles. Seriously I'm going to boldly say its the best thing I've ever used on my hereditary dark circles. It covers up all the darkness and it doesn't have that 'obvious' look. Also really importantly for me- it doesn't crease (This is a problem I tend to have because of my super dry under eye area). Its very close to my skintone so I could definitely use this on its own but I tend to like a little dab of MAC moisturecover concealer NC20 or Nars Creamy custard concealer on top.

HG product for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by nchinoy

I have 'stained' lids.

I'm an NC20 with a bit of an olive undertone and I have extremely dark, stained lids and under-eye circles that look quite bruised and purple. I had tried their creamy concealer before and threw it out after 5 years of non-use. It did nothing for me - it creased like hell, wore away after an hour and the powder made my dry skin look like desert sand under my eyes. Not appealing.

This, however, is a different story. As it is a corrector, this is the only product (of the plethora I have tried and tested) that I have actually hit pan on. It pays to make a trip to the counter so they can match you with the right shade. I have light to medium bisque which is a true salmon color and once patted into the skin, actually does serve to seriously correct my horrible circles. A few things to note:

1. Use an eye cream. This really doesn't work without an eye cream underneath
2. Pat this in under your eyes and even on your lids if they're veiny or stained like mine
3. If needed, tap on a liquid high coverage concealer - I use MUFE Full Cover and it works a treat
4. Ideally, powder. I don't, as the MUFE dries nicely and doesn't slide around. I have dry under eyes and hate the look of powder on them.

When I do take the time to follow the routine above, I find I don't look quite so tired/so much like I'm in an abusive relationship. That's enough of a reason for me to repurchase:)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by LivingItUp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh. The texture is similar to the BB creamy concealer. Maybe a tad stiffer. My problem is that I cannot for the life of me find a good color.

Porcelain peach - too light, not peachy enough. It's almost the color of the porcelain concealer
Porcelain Bisque - also way too light
Light bisque - workable but a tad too dark
Light peach - wayyy too dark

Bleh

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second one right now, and I use the shade Dark Peach. In BB Skin fdnt, I use Golden. This corrects the blue and green tones under my eyes. It is best used with another, drier concealer to avoid too much creasing, I use MAC Pro Longwear in NC42 over this.

To set with powder is crucial to avoid creasing.