September 22, 2014 | 1500 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Creamy Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by sarahmcqueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This creases SO BADLY! I use it with the corrector and no matter how thinly I apply it always creases. I can't set it with powder as it ends up exaggerating my fine lines. It only covers my circles if I layer it on quite thick, but then it stays wet and if anything touches it it will leave a mark or stick to it e.g. a fingerprint, an eyelash etc. Not worth what it costs.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I finally decided to buy this after reading so many great reviews. I really wanted to like this and I still keep trying it, but its not for me. Its really creamy which is good, but on me it creases horribly and I don't even have deep lines or wrinkles. The colour match isn't perfect on me either and I tried cool sand and sand (I'm NW20). It didn't last all day either and it felt heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by trollzorz94

This does a great job at covering my dark undereye circles and the blue capillaries around my eyes, because it's opaque enough to cover everything (however it definitely isn't heavy or gross feeling). I apply this with my ring finger so that the concealer kind of melts and is easier to blend. I use the tiniest amount of concealer - I literally just dab my finger in it once - to cover my entire eye area. This concealer lasts over 12 hours (after I set it with powder) and doesn't crease as long as I use a generous amount of eye cream beforehand. I think I've found my HG undereye concealer!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 8:07:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

This product is horrible. My mum initially bought it, hoping it would help cover her dark circles. The strange thing is that whenever she'd apply it on, her dark circles would look more prominent and unnatural. She finally gave up on the product and gave it to me, but I have just as much difficulty with it. It's so thick and hard to blend out. I've tried using it underneath my eyes and hated the way it felt/looked. I've tried using it to cover my spots, but it would just draw more attention to them. A concealer is supposed to be easy to blend and natural, but this is neither.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by heyskankable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a tough one. I have both the creamy concealer and the corrector (which are supposed to go hand in hand), but I realy can't decide whether I like this or not. I'm on my second pot as it runs out EXTREMELY fast. A youtuber really loves this, and I thought I should try it out since I have a purple tone under my eyes (as most of us do!). I thought the corrector would help and it does..kind of. When I put the concealer on top of it, though, it feels so HEAVY. When the SA put this on me she kept telling me to use as much as I need to completely cover my circles, but when I do this I can't even so much as touch it as it will leave a mark because it's so thick! It covers, but it slides. It looks great for an hour, but I become overly obsessive about not touching anywhere near my eyes of fear that it will "dent" the concealer. All in all, I said I'd buy it again because I'm not saying no forever, but not for right now. I will probably continue to use the corrector as I feel like I can find a lighter concealer that does a fine job over top of it. Also, on a last note, DO NOT use the powder that comes with this concealer! It will show every crease and line around your eyes PLUS your pores. Trust me, not pretty.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried to use this on numerous occasions, but it doesn't work for me. It doesn't even match my skin tone after a couple of hours as I think it oxidises on me? It looks ok at first, then slides like this gloopy mess. Looks terrible under my eyes, and if I apply the setting powder on top, it shows up ALL of my imperfections. It doesn't even work for blemishes (although the SA did say it was too creamy for this anyway) it just slides off.

Nice packaging though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I returned this. I like her stick foundation but no matter how light a hand I used with this concealer, it made me look terrible. It would look good for about a minute, then all of a sudden it would look like I had jaundice and tons of deep wrinkles under my eyes. I played with it for a couple of days, using a brush, a sponge, my fingers, etc., but it always caked under my eyes. The area under my eyes really isn't that bad -- you can't see lines -- I just need to even out the color. But this stuff aged me a good 25 years. . .

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Cayla29S

I got this as a sample and I'm happy that I did. I got a good color match for my skin so that was a plus. I usually put an eye primer before I put the concealer under my eyes so it does not crease. This brand in general is really thick which is nice because I only have to put very little of it to cover up dark circles. However, this is so difficult to blend after dabbing a tiny bit and then using a concealer brush.

It looks awful. I even put moisturizer before I applied it so it doesn't catch on to the drier parts of my eye. For some reason, it cracks on me and it's hard to fix because it's so thick. It tends to settle on lines under the eyes as well even after putting a primer there. Blah! I would never buy this..This concealer is probably better to cover up spots in other areas in the face but not good as an under eye concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by fluffy4eva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have terribly pale skin, and large purple under eye circles. Hereditary. There is nothing I can do to make them go away, so I have been trying to conceal them for years. Have tried soooo many concealers, but Bobbi Brown is, to date, my favourite. I use the Warm Ivory shade and its perfect for my skin. The concealer is easily blendable... not too hard, like some concealers that you have to manhandle into the skin at the risk of damaging the delicate under eye area, and not too gooey, like the cheap drug store brands that wipe off as soon as you apply. I dont consider cakiness or highlighting lines too much of a problem since I dont have too many lines around my eyes yet, and the thrill of covering the circles currently outweighs the possibility that the product might be highlighting my crows feet. I only give this product a 4 purely because I dont believe in giving a highest rating when I am still scouting for another product. This stuff does the trick to a great level. But I still find myself spreading my foundation out to touch up under my eyes even after concealing. But I DO have terribly dark circles.

Update 02.04.2014 - Please note that Bobbi Brown IS still good and it is my reliable 2nd option. However, since last year I have upgraded to IT Solutions Byebye Undereye. I will write a separate review for this product, but I do consider it more superior for my personal needs.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by eeeee

I bought this concealer after hearing from different sources that the line has the best selection of shades for those with a yellow undertone. This concealer comes in a shade that is pretty much a perfect match for my skin tone so it gets a ton of points just for that.

The consistency is creamy, but not too much so don't expect it to be moisturizing. The coverage is really great, and it covers my really dark under-eye circles perfectly. I find that for greater coverage it's best to use a concealer brush and blend with either you're fingertips or a makeup sponge.

The real DOWNFALL of this product as others have noted, is that it creases like mad. It settles into every little crease and seems to be drying so it makes me look older than I should! So why do I still use it everyday? Because I've never found a better match for my skin tone. However, I plan on trying their foundations and using one of them as a concealer. In the meantime, maybe a deeply moisturizing eye cream might help? If it doesn't I wouldn't repurchase. I'll update with the results.