April 20, 2014 | 1782 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Brush - short handle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by margaretshelton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG Foundation Brush!!! I killed my Prescriptives ones--the paint came off, and eventually the head fell off, so I was in the market for a new one.

The BB has lovely, soft bristles that hold enough foundation (I use MAC) but not too much, it doesn't streak, and it's easy to clean after use. I like the length of the handle; it's a good size for my smallish hand, and I feel that it was a great investment.

I checked the "Would Buy Again" box, but I don't think I will ever have to replace it. I have 4 of her other brushes, and they don't shed or splay like some cheaper brushes can.

Excellent Brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 9:19:00 AM More reviews by HanLuna

I was actually planning to get EL foundation brush but i ventured to BB counter and found that its cheaper than EL.This is my second brush after my EL concealer brush.I love that this BB foundation brush is so soft and application of liquid foundation is like a dream.

If you need to get a foundation brush,make BB your purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best brush for liquid foundation that I have ever used. Does a great job of even application, without streaking. I have also have the Lancome brush version, which is not even close to be being as good.
I recommend a thorough cleaning once a week. Oil Cleanser, followed by any makeup brush cleaner (Mac); which gets all the gunk out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by chyeeeng

GREAT FOUNDATION BRUSH! no streaks at all and gives me high coverage without look cakey when used with my mac studio fix fluid foundation. totally worth the price! oh and i got this in the full-sized version fyi.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 5:44:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the lancome foundation brush a few years back when it was supposed to be '''the best''....anyway it left my foundation streaky and it wasnt really the softest brush on my face! I used it a few times and then it just hung around my 'not use, but still keep just in-case make up basket'. Recently i got it out after running out of my shu sponges for my hg studio tech but again i was left with streaks. I read the reviews on here about the BB brush being different and ended up buying it but really not having high hopes at all. This brush is totally different to lancomes. It isnt scratchy on the face, makes my makeup look sooo natural and never cakey and best of all is firm enough to distribute foundation perfectly with no streaks AND is incredibly soft too. Im in love. a great foundation- i also use BB concealer brush for the corrector but this works great too :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by beccasmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I own 2 of these, the regular length one and the mini that's about 4 inches long, and love them both for applying foundation as well as concealer. The bristles don't fall out, the bristles are soft on the face, and easy to clean.

I have heard about a "short handle" version and have never been able to get anyone to tell me the length of such a version. Maybe BB doesn't make it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 9:01:00 AM More reviews by antoniaaddict

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this brush yesterday and all I can say is wish i'd bought one sooner *smiles*

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Chubbybunny

Wow, previously I've tried Lancome's foundation brush. it leaves streaks on my face with the foundation. So now i'm trying the bobbi brown's brush after reading all the reviews. I got this from Holt Renfrew at 42 CDN before tax. it's the full length one, with very soft thin bristles. I use it with chanel's vitalumiere or vincent longo water canvas. for both foundations, i love the results, it looks so natural without any streaks!!! And oh, i also use it with vincent longo's creme concealer under my eyes and it works perfectly as well :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2007 3:32:00 AM More reviews by bolsasycosas

Mmmm, I hate to be the exception to the rule but I didn't like this brush at all. Maybe I got one that is defective or BB just changed the bristles.

This foundation brush was $30 US dollars at the BB counter in my local mall. The brush comes wrapped in clear plastic (disposable), so there is no case, or at least a protective cap

Foundation brush comes in only one lenght, the lenght is some sort of in between the professional sized handles and the short handled brushes.

It is thinner than other brushes, so maybe this will make you believe that it will not waste as much foundation as thicker brushes BUT experience tells me that with the proper application technique, fluffier brushes shouldn't waste more foundation that this one, as with a good brush all the foundation should end in your face anyway.

Bristles were kind of hard, I expected smoother bristles. As the brush comes sealed, I opened it and decided to use it like that. No luck, very tought and they left streaks on my face.

Ok, then I washed it carefully as I do with all my brushes. The bristles were still too hard to my like. It was a bit softer but almost unnoticeable.

This brush migh work well with tinted mosturizers because of the sheer coverage, thus streaks are less noticeable. The problem is that I need to use it to apply my double wear estee lauder foundation.

Sorry but for 30 bucks I expect a high quality brush and if I am going to stroke this hundreds of times on my face this better be soft.

I usually love BB products, and I hate to do so, but this one is going back to macy's for a return or exchange :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2007 12:10:00 PM More reviews by huoy

Great brush. Bobbi Brown in Malaysia recently launched a promotion called the Face Set, which includes the moisture-rich foundation and creamy concealer kit with free foundation brush (i admit, this is the MAIN reason why i wanted to buy the set!), hydrating eye cream sample and hydrating face cream sample. The kind SA even gave me a free No Smudge Mascara sample. =D

Back to the brush. It is soooooo smooth, there's not even a single poking feeling when i brushed it through my face. Besides, it applies foundation wonderfully and more evenly. I use it to apply the tinted moisturiser and the creamy concealer (got this tip from a makeup artist, foundation brush can be used to apply concealer too), and it rocks! I really love how the outcome is.

I washed my foundation brush with MAC brush cleanser and there is NO shedding. Not even a single strand of hair came out! Oh, maybe i was very careful, but i did experience slight shedding when cleaning my Quo brush and another BB's blusher brush and they do shed a bit. Anyway, I really hope there are more girls out there who will discover this great brush and rock the reviews in makeupalley!

Oh and yes, I will repurchase if this brush is damaged, which i doubted so!