October 24, 2014 | 1374 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Brush - short handle

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by sublimalia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have no other experiences with foundation brushes, this is my first one. Quality and looks wise this is a class product, I have had no shedding and no odd scraggly hairs at odd angles. I use BB Stick Foundation in Natural, this spreads the product as thinly or thickly as I want but no matter how much time i spend on it, it doesn't totally get rid of the brush swipe marks, I would previously dab/tap/spread these by hand, but now i use a makeup sponge (not a damp one) to pat it down so that any streaks are not evident. Overall a great brush used in conjunction with my stainless steel palette and scraper but cannot call it my HG foundation brush yet - am going to try the Chanel one next as I have heard good things about it. Oh and last thing, it gets really gungy and weird after a makeup application so you really do have to wipe it down and get all the product out or (and I don't do this, I only wash every week) wash it after every use for a really nice application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by modestyblaise78

I love this brush, but I am happy to admit that I got mine cheaper on Ebay.
It really makes the difference.
I use it to apply my MAC Studio Fix Foundation, and it's a truly great brush for applying your foundation evenly, especially around the nose area...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by margaretshelton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG Foundation Brush!!! I killed my Prescriptives ones--the paint came off, and eventually the head fell off, so I was in the market for a new one.

The BB has lovely, soft bristles that hold enough foundation (I use MAC) but not too much, it doesn't streak, and it's easy to clean after use. I like the length of the handle; it's a good size for my smallish hand, and I feel that it was a great investment.

I checked the "Would Buy Again" box, but I don't think I will ever have to replace it. I have 4 of her other brushes, and they don't shed or splay like some cheaper brushes can.

Excellent Brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 9:19:00 AM More reviews by HanLuna

I was actually planning to get EL foundation brush but i ventured to BB counter and found that its cheaper than EL.This is my second brush after my EL concealer brush.I love that this BB foundation brush is so soft and application of liquid foundation is like a dream.

If you need to get a foundation brush,make BB your purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best brush for liquid foundation that I have ever used. Does a great job of even application, without streaking. I have also have the Lancome brush version, which is not even close to be being as good.
I recommend a thorough cleaning once a week. Oil Cleanser, followed by any makeup brush cleaner (Mac); which gets all the gunk out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by chyeeeng

GREAT FOUNDATION BRUSH! no streaks at all and gives me high coverage without look cakey when used with my mac studio fix fluid foundation. totally worth the price! oh and i got this in the full-sized version fyi.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 5:44:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the lancome foundation brush a few years back when it was supposed to be '''the best''....anyway it left my foundation streaky and it wasnt really the softest brush on my face! I used it a few times and then it just hung around my 'not use, but still keep just in-case make up basket'. Recently i got it out after running out of my shu sponges for my hg studio tech but again i was left with streaks. I read the reviews on here about the BB brush being different and ended up buying it but really not having high hopes at all. This brush is totally different to lancomes. It isnt scratchy on the face, makes my makeup look sooo natural and never cakey and best of all is firm enough to distribute foundation perfectly with no streaks AND is incredibly soft too. Im in love. a great foundation- i also use BB concealer brush for the corrector but this works great too :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by beccasmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I own 2 of these, the regular length one and the mini that's about 4 inches long, and love them both for applying foundation as well as concealer. The bristles don't fall out, the bristles are soft on the face, and easy to clean.

I have heard about a "short handle" version and have never been able to get anyone to tell me the length of such a version. Maybe BB doesn't make it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 9:01:00 AM More reviews by antoniaaddict

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this brush yesterday and all I can say is wish i'd bought one sooner *smiles*

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Chubbybunny

Wow, previously I've tried Lancome's foundation brush. it leaves streaks on my face with the foundation. So now i'm trying the bobbi brown's brush after reading all the reviews. I got this from Holt Renfrew at 42 CDN before tax. it's the full length one, with very soft thin bristles. I use it with chanel's vitalumiere or vincent longo water canvas. for both foundations, i love the results, it looks so natural without any streaks!!! And oh, i also use it with vincent longo's creme concealer under my eyes and it works perfectly as well :)