November 26, 2014 | 786 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

I got a generous sample of this, and used it for a week or so. I liked it, but it caused me to break out. On the upside, the coverage was better than most tinted moisturizers I've tried, and it left my skin feeling nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for several months. I prefer a light coverage and this is exactly what that does. I either use my fingers to apply or RT expert face brush. I sometimes put an extra layer on red areas for more coverage. This doesn't cake. It evens my skin out. I still need to spot conceal tho. There are some other brands (Nars, Sonia Kashuk) that I'd like to try but until then -- this is perfect for me. I use Nude and it is perfect for my light complexion.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by JulesLondon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a free sample mini-tube, and I honestly don't understand the point of this product. It is not very pigmented, so you wouldn't use it as a foundation. I suppose it may even out skin tone a bit, and it gives a decent dewy finish for a while, but coverage isn't heavy enough to hide any redness or under-eye shadows. At the same time, if it's only a facial moisturiser with SPF 20 sunscreen, then you can get products just as good or better for a tiny fraction of the price at the supermarket! Also, it smells absolutely terrible, like cheap sunscreen and chemicals. I don't understand how they can justify putting a massive pricetag on a nasty-smelling plain old moisturiser that doesn't really do anything special.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by levie

This tinted mosturizer feels very light and it has a really light weight coverage. Its good for those people who doesnt have many blemishes which need to be covered. it doesnt stay for a long time and need to be re applied after around 3 hours. its a great tinted mosturizer overall tho

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a NC30 with dry/combo skin. The colour sand is perfect for me. Overall this is a very lightweight tinted moisturiser that I believe would be great for those with oily or combination skin like me.

The price is a little high in my opinion for something so lightweight, meaning the coverage is very minimal. I believe this is best for those who want an extreme natural look and already have pretty good skin. I have decent skin but felt this did not really make a difference except slightly evening my skintone out. It definitely does not cover blemishes and is not buildable. At $43, I'm a little torn at whether or not it is worth it because I like how it does not make me oily after a long day AND works amazing with my skin, but the coverage is too little (I prefer light to medium coverage).

Pros:
- Did not break me out... I have sensitive skin
- Did not make me oily after 8+ hours of wear
- My face looked more radiant after putting it on
- SPF included
- Did not emphasise my dry patches but also did not make me super oily... this is quite perfect in terms of staying power, oil control, etc.
- Loose powder helps it stay, but I find I do not need it and do not need touch ups throughout my 8-hour workdays! Amazing.

Cons:
- The price
- Coverage is TOO light... made for someone with already great skin
- Not buildable

In the end, I suppose if I can't find another TM with SPF in it, I will be repurchasing it. For now I will be on a hunt for a slightly heavier coverage that reacts the same to my face in terms of oil control and staying power.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Reneestamboom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is overpriced. It is okay and nothing more. It gives a very sheer look which I can appreciate but it feels cheap and I don't like that it contains parabens. It also makes my pores look a lot bigger, which I then have to correct. That's not good of course. Also no coverage at all unless you put a lot of layers on. I expected light coverage. This tm only illuminates really.

I regret paying this much and will only use it as a highlighter.

If I tested this blind I would probably guess this to be a very cheap BB cream. It reminds me of that horrible BB cream from Garnier.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by itsjannah

I was very excited to try this product before but when I finally did I wasn't very happy. I guess I just had too high expectations from it. The product has a dewy finish which is nice but the coverage is very very light plus the odor smells like a glue and I realized that my skin got dry as well. Maybe it just doesn't match with my asian skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like this tinted moisturizer, but I don't love it. It feels like a foundation on my skin, and frankly looks like one too. The finish is nice, but it doesn't have the light feel I'd really like from a TM. Wear time is ok. It lasts pretty well in the winter time, but in the warmer months I only a get a few hours out of it before I'm a melty mess. It also smells like straight up sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by TootsDiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of the heaviest tinted moisturizers i have used. That is great it you are looking for a bit more coverage. I ideally wanted something that was a bit more sheer in consistency but
I sheer it out so I don't mind. I purchased the shade Walnut which is ok but sometimes I feel it makes me look a bit ashy some days. Overall i think it is ok, I doubt I would repurchase but I think it is worth a try. I did a video of my thoughts of this moisturizer! Check it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by lexfauxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for about 5 months now, I keep trying to like it but I just cant.

Cons:
Gets oily looking. This one actually looks much LESS oily throughout the day than the oil free version too! I've tried both.
Transfers easily. Almost anything that touches my face gets orange oily spots on them. When i have to lay face down as physiotherapy I leave behind oily greasy orangish spots on the paper on the bed, which is pretty gross.
It kind of sits on my skin, not in a way that I can feel, it definitely doesnt feel heavy, but it doesn't... cover things nicely? It makes any blemishes stand out a lot, sinks into lines weirdly
It's more drying than it is moisturizing. My skin looks drained and tired when I take it off :s

Pros:
Lightweight, light-medium coverage, covers more than more tinted moisturizers.
Very natural looking

So in the end I don't really like this product. It isn't awful, and I'd probably keep wearing it however I've been breaking out pretty badly for the past 4 months, and as soon as I stopped using this the breakouts have stopped and my skin is calming down a lot.
So really if you have basically perfect skin other than a little redness I think this would be okay, but honestly, there are definitely products out there that are better than this one. It's definitely not worth the price. If I were you I'd save my money and look for something else.