July 23, 2014 | 2110 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by lexfauxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for about 5 months now, I keep trying to like it but I just cant.

Cons:
Gets oily looking. This one actually looks much LESS oily throughout the day than the oil free version too! I've tried both.
Transfers easily. Almost anything that touches my face gets orange oily spots on them. When i have to lay face down as physiotherapy I leave behind oily greasy orangish spots on the paper on the bed, which is pretty gross.
It kind of sits on my skin, not in a way that I can feel, it definitely doesnt feel heavy, but it doesn't... cover things nicely? It makes any blemishes stand out a lot, sinks into lines weirdly
It's more drying than it is moisturizing. My skin looks drained and tired when I take it off :s

Pros:
Lightweight, light-medium coverage, covers more than more tinted moisturizers.
Very natural looking

So in the end I don't really like this product. It isn't awful, and I'd probably keep wearing it however I've been breaking out pretty badly for the past 4 months, and as soon as I stopped using this the breakouts have stopped and my skin is calming down a lot.
So really if you have basically perfect skin other than a little redness I think this would be okay, but honestly, there are definitely products out there that are better than this one. It's definitely not worth the price. If I were you I'd save my money and look for something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by crysta656

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a love/hate relationship with my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. Some days I absolutely love it but then others I absolutely hate it and wish that I wouldn't have spent the $43 on it.
So, here is what I love. The product is sheer but buildable without looking cakey. When used with the primer, it makes my skin look flawless. When used without a primer, it just evens out a bit. The packaging is great, no waste because you can really control how much product you let out of the tube. The number one thing that I love about this foundation is that it keeps my skin looking moist which is really great as I have extremely dry skin.
Onto what I hate. The smell of it really turns my stomach. I don't know what it is, but the smell and me just do not get along. I also don't like that in order to have amazing results I HAVE to use the primer. Now, while I don't have a problem using a primer, I do have a problem with the cost of the TM as well as the moisturizer, over $70 for both. I think for that price I would rather buy another bottle of Chanel Vitalumiere that has amazing coverage and is so good it doesn't need a primer. I also find that no matter what I do, the TM oxidizes to an extremely unattractive bright orange. In my book, that's just no good. I also feel that there isn't enough of a colour selection in the line.
So, there you have it. If you have dry skin that isn't so fair, I would recommend this to you. If you just want sheer coverage and a bit of moisture, I would recommend this to you as well. If you don't want to smell like rotten fruit, I wouldn't recommend this for you. LOL. In my opinion, get a sample and try it for a week. You might like it or you might hate it. With the cost of the TM and the primer, I would really recommend trying it before commiting to buy. And... go to Sephora to buy. The people at the Macy's counter really didn't know anything about the line that they are demonstrating. But that's a whole other story! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by lobenchis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this product in June this year as I was looking for a TM that's fair enough for my skin and that is hydrating enough too.

I used it over the summer and during autumn until now when I've run out and decided to buy the Oil Free version.

Pros: One of the fairest shades I've found in a TM if not the fairest, quite hydrating, good coverage for a TM, doesn't cause breakouts as far as I could tell, good packaging, lasts for quite a while even when used almost daily (5+ months).

Cons: It tends to oxidize a tiny bit and can look a bit orange in natural light. If you have oily skin I would not recommend using this product in the summer especially if you're wanting to use sun cream as well as it might be too oily and can make your face look a bit too shiny.

I really like the product and I think it's really really good. I'm really happy with the texture and color. I think it could be a tad fairer and then it would be perfect. I'm currently using Porcelain but it's not as fair as I'd like it to be. However, as mentioned previously, it's still one of the fairest TMs I've seen and, considering it hasn't caused me to breakout I would definitely buy it again.

I have really dry skin and I prefer TMs that moisturise really well. I think this TM does not fail in this respect but I would never wear it, or any other TM for that matter, without applying moisturiser first. I will say though that lately, bear in mind that it is now November and its getting quite cold, I have begun to notice dry patches on my skin 6-7 hours after I've first applied it. As I said before, this is happening after I've applied moisturiser underneath.

I still don't think it's as good as Clarins Hydraquench but that one doesn't come in a fair shade so I prefer Laura Mercier anyway as it looks more natural.

I have decided not to repurchase for now as I'm trying to see if I like the Oil Free version better so I've bought that the other day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by lipstickthespian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been wearing this product for a few years now after being faithful to Lancome since I was a teeneager. Even at 30, I don't need (or care for) heavy foundation. I wear sunscreen everyday and this works well when I apply over it. Smooth, light coverage and I have had no issue with breakouts. A little bit with a damp sponge makes the product go a long way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

This is a good TM...however, I don't feel it's worth the price. The cover is minimal, even for a TM.

Although my skin looks refreshed and flawless w/ it on I won't be purchasing again. LM is one of the best foundation lines out there in my opinion, I just can't make myself love this TM.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LM has changed back to her original formula and I now am using it again. NUDE is slightly too dark for my skin but works well. I also have theBALM in light and like theBALM better (and its much cheaper). I have the LM TM compact, and to get this to spread I use argan oil, otherwise it is too drying. Not the best TM out there but certainly a stand out for those who want some coverage but not foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

This just didn't do it for me and my oily skin. Upon application, it blended very nicely and this had pretty good coverage! But like most tinted moisturizers, this didn't control my oil very well and I found myself blotting through out the day and by the end of the day, I felt like an oily mess. I feel like this would be very good for those who have dry to normal skin .. but oily skin people, I'd stay away! I've pretty much come to a conclusion that all tinted moisturizers won't work for me though!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Catsmeow2324

Love this!!! The sample size is 1 oz and is $19. That is a great deal considering the smash box full size bb cream is around $40 for 1 oz! This blends so well and is not sticky. It actually has some coverage for a tinted moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 5:31:00 AM More reviews by meanie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think my quest for the perfect TM is finally over. I had been wanting to try this product for a long time but I was intimidated by the hefty price tag. After trying it though, I can say this product is well worth the hype.

I usually go for TMs that are more luminous but I like the finish this gives me. No shimmer or glitter but definitely not flat and still very naturally looking. Provides the most coverage of all the TMs I've tried (light to moderate) so I wear it more like a foundation. Nude is a really good match for my light asian skin.

I'm a bit of a product junkie especially when it comes to TMs but I love this so much, I don't want to wear anything else (except my Pixi TM on days that I want a bit less coverage).

I also tried a sample of the oil-free version which I found a bit difficult to spread (I have normal to dry skin) but might be an option for those with oily skin.

Will continue to repurchase again and again!

Update: I am still loving the TM but I absolutely despise the tube packaging. It's big and bulky and it explodes every time I take it traveling. Am considering purchasing the compact version of the product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Shame on me for trying this w my oily/combo skin, but oil-free version performed equally. Great finish for first hour, turned me into an oil slick after 1 hour and throughout day. It lasts, good colors, my skin just got too darn greasy. NOT 'dewy'. Powdered and everything. This and the oil free do not work for my skin. Oil free even worse. Ironically. Returning. FYI: HG homemade TM: equal parts Clinique dramatically different moisture GEL (not lotion, Gel) mixed w MAC pro longwear concealer. Sounds weird, but it dries matte in like 2 seconds and stays that way all day without the powder fest. MUST TRY if skin is combo/oily.