October 22, 2014 | 1804 users online

Scrubs - Biore - Pore Unclogging Scrub

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I really liked this scrub at first. I used it once a week for a few months. It lasts forever, I just finished the trial size. However, I found that this dried my face out over time. I will stick to my 2% BHA toning pads by Stridex.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by xbrokenlove

I've been using this scrub since September of 2012, and I have to admit that I really love this scrub. I'm not going to say that this scrub will make you have less acne, but it does feel really good when applied. It has a tingling sensation, which is amazing. And while the little microballs don't dissolve, it feels like an actual scrub. I would recommend this scrub for people who don't have really bad acne, and who like a little change.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I'm liking this so far. I purchased it after reading the beautiful Lilly Ghalichi (who has flawless skin) uses it.

Pros: inexpensive, does seem to help a bit with acne, nice smell.

Cons: the beads can be a bit hard to wash off, and can also be drying if you use too much. My tip is to just be careful how much of the product you squeeze out and to use cooler water when trying to wash it all off.

I try to apply just a little bit in the mornings-there's no makeup/sunscreen to have to take off in the mornings anyway so my skin doesn't get really dry. I am using a different makeup remover product during the evenings at the moment. I'm not sure how I would rate it as a makeup remover.

I'm

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by makeup4evrchristine

I used this daily (I don't know what I was thinking) and it made my skin extremely tight and dry. I have combination skin and this really made my skin dry and I did not use this all up for that reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really do love this scrub a lot. It's unlike any other scrub I've used. Usually when I use round-beaded scrubs, I feel like it never cleans my face. This scrub really does good work on my skin!

The formula is really great. It's like a really moisturizing mandarin mint scented cream embedded with round beads. It never dries out my skin; it feels so moisturizing.

Salicylic acid is a key ingredient in this scrub and it always fights my acne so well. It calms my skin and soothes the break outs. I find that it doesn't unclogg my clogged pores, but it prevents my pores from being clogged and cleans away some of the surface dirt around said clogged pores.

I've been using it twice a day for the past few days and my skin is unbelievably fresh and smooth. I know it's bad but I can't stop touching my cheeks! I definitely would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by newyorkbvsed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Okay, so not only does this product smell great (Mandarin Mint, who woulda thunk it?!), but for people with oily, acne prone skin, this, followed by a light moisturizer, will basically clear up anything. The zits on my face have pretty much vanished with me using this about 2-3 times a day. I'm a Biore-believer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by rubylola

I had a flare up of blocked hair follicles on my upper arms and decided to try something new to treat this annoying problem. I had been dry skin brushing which seemed to work for awhile but never completely got rid of the tiny bumps. So I choose this product due to the salicylic acid and it has really cleared up my skin. I have been using it at night with exfoliating gloves. I also had a few small zits on my chest area and it has cleared that up too. I do get a spot here and there on my face but I am too scared to use this there as my face can be sensitive and I don't want to cause a break out. Overall, I am happy so far with the way it has worked on my body and will continue to use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by OwThatGirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product one day because I was having a really horrible skin reaction to foundation-acne treatment combo that I was using during the day. I mean, my skin was freaking out with hugee red bumps on every part of my forehead. I heard a good review on this product saying that it cleared up breakouts and, obviously, unclogged pores. So on a whim I bought this scrub and started using it twice a day, thinking that if this product didn't work I would be hauling my butt to a doctor to get this skin situation taken care of.

This scrub cleared up the big red bumps in about 2 weeks (it was a lot of hard work to get rid of the bumps...trust me). I have oily skin, but the oil isn't so bad when I remember to use moisturizer after washing my face, and I have extremely acne-prone skin. Although my acne isn't too noticeable or severe, manyyy products break me out from Nars tinted moisturizer and Bare Essentials mineral makeup to the Clean and Clear face wash products and anything with tea tree oil in it.

I repurchased this item, thinking that it would continue to do good things for my skin. I was so wrong! I started having blackheads ALL over my face. I've had whiteheads and normal red bumps before, but never blackheads! And they were all over the sides of my cheeks!! Although this scrub gets rid of big bumps and has that nice cooling sensation when used, I can't believe the small blackheads all over my cheeks that this product gave me. I also started breaking out on my chin and neck! I've never in my life had a slight problem with breakouts around my jaw area, but now it seems extremely difficult to keep this area under control. I've gone back to Clearasil, which has always given me clear skin even though I've strayed away from it numerous times to look for other alternatives.

The price was cheap, the big bumps are gone, but the little blackheads everywhere? Horrible. I'm still trying to repair the damage this product has done. Stupidly, I tried using this again the other day, thinking that maybe it would work for me if I just used it once a week as an exfoliating treatment. It brought all the blackheads back. Thinking that maybe it would work well as a body wash instead, I tried it in the shower. Gave me bumps in places I never break out.
Would not recommend. Thank goodness for Clearasil products.

PROS:
Gets rid of big, painful acne spots
Works relatively quickly
Can be used everyday, for non-sensitive skin

CONS:
BLACKHEADS EVERYWHERE (Oh my gosh, I now know why people hate blackheads so much...)
Broke me out in places that I never break out in

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by nativetrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just started using this every night and I have quickly grown to love it. Using this everyday has not dried my skin out too badly, even though I do have dry skin. This really gets the day's dirt and make-up off your face. In terms of pore unclogging, I will say this "loosens" my pores so it's easier to extract them after cleansing, but the scrub probably won't diminish them for you--you have to do it yourself. This is the only Biore product I have used and so far I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by dwhite16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have African American sensitive oily skin & this product works great on my skin. This is the best cleanser that I have used so far. It doesn't break me out at all & is very exfoliating @ the same time. I would definitely recommend it if you have skin like mine. The packaging is blue & white now instead of green