October 20, 2014 | 864 users online

Moisturizers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dear John - a Movin' On Facial Cream [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 11:44:00 AM More reviews by courters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this as my night cream (because it has no SPF) and I absolutely love it! I have dry to very dry skin, so I'm not sure how this would work on normal to oily, but it definitely provides me with the hydration I need after washing my face at night. The key with this product is to only use a VERY TINY amount, I use less than a pea size for my whole face. It feels very dense in the jar, but it spreads out incredibly easily, so you really don't need to use much at all - if you are getting pore clogging with this, you should try using less before you toss it or return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 2:06:00 PM More reviews by ng76

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love Dear John. I use it every night before I got to bed, and my skin is left soft and moisturized every morning. It hydrates my skin great, and doesn't cause breakouts. I would not recomend using it during the day, because your face will look greasy and shiny.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2008 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Jackiehunter212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish there was a "maybe" button for the would you buy this product again.

Anyway, I started to use this when I was 12 because I am permanently cursed with sensitive skin that can become very dry. This moisturizer was VERY rich, and got rid of all of my flakies, however once I got a little older and "started puberty" this broke me out.

This is probably just my sensitive skin being a little whiny, but I had to switch moisturizes and now I swear by Almay's Oily Skin Moisturizer.

All in all, this was a good purchase at the time, but it just stopped working for me. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by gurluwant2love24

This is what I call a REAL moisturizer! Love love love LOVE to use this at night time. It's thick but when applied it absorbs so well without any greasy-feeling-ness. Though it may cost $30 the amount is very large, and a little goes a long way.. this may in fact last me almost an entire year. Great, simple moisturizer. :)
    EDIT: I'm so amazed by what this simple moisturizer has done for my skin. It has dramatically made my skin 10x smoother, and even much clearer. I find I don't break out once in a while anymore (though I dont break out that much to begin with except that once a month thing). Maybe the Vitamin E in this has really benefit my skin and was exactly what it needed. I highly recommend this stuff to anybody, though I've read it's not good for people with very oily skin (just very dry/combo skin types).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2008 3:02:00 AM More reviews by captainvegetable02

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

After sampling many high-end moisturizers, I decided to try this one on a whim. My skin is a bit oily but always dehydrated, so I finally realized I need two different moisturizers for night and day: a lightweight oil-free moisturizer for day, and a richer, more hydrating one for night. This one is my night moisturizer (I use Do It Daily for my day moisturizer, which I'll review as well). It has that thicker texture I love for nighttime, but it's not too heavy and doesn't break me out. I love that it comes in a jar so I can actually use all the product - I hate pump bottles as it's so hard to get all the product out without making a mess, and I'm not a huge fan of tubes either since there's also a lot of waste unless you cut it open. This also smells good, and it's a very reasonable price. It absorbs into my skin quickly and hydrates really well, unlike some other creams I've tried that left me still feeling dehydrated but greasy on the surface. On days when I'm feeling especially dehydrated, I mix a tiny bit of this with my oil-free day moisturizer for an extra hydration boost and it doesn't leave me feeling too greasy then, either. I think this moisturizer would work for pretty much any skin type as well: on oilier skins as a night cream like I use it, on normal-combo skins for day or night (or just on dryer areas for combo skin), and for day or night for dry skin that doesn't want something super heavy. Overall I think this is a great product and a great value and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2008 2:45:00 AM More reviews by inasmoothie

Good moisturizer is a hard thing to come by. It's light enough to not feel like you're layering your face in grease, but heavy enough to stay on for hours. Well worth the price for an immediate solution instead of experimenting with $10-$15 drugstore brands. My only grievance is after a few uses the lid doesn't firmly seal, which I have experienced twice so far.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a pretty good moisturizer. It's really thick (which i like) but not greasy or anything. I would say as far as moisturizing goes on a scale from 1-10, 10 being the most moisturizing this product would be at about an 8. Overall i really like it. The package is cute. You get alot of product. Doesn't cause me any pimples. Goes well under my makeup. I like it.

UPDATE: beware! at first this stuff worked pretty decent then i started having a bad reaction. It dried out my skin horribly especially around my mouth and chin area. So bad that my skin started flaking off and it caused dark spots in the most affected areas as if i had hives that turned brown from hyperpigmentation. It also cause the worst and ugliest whiteheads EVER!!! eew. I discontinued use and went to Lush Afterlife wich healed me up in a flash. I don't know but they must have an icky bad chemical or two in this product??? i will never bye anything else that doesn't list the ingredients!!! Tred softly with this one ladies.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 9:18:00 PM More reviews by brunettecouture

Ok first of all, I have given price and packaging a 5 purely because I got given this as a free sample so a)i paid nothing for it, and b)it was a cute little package. I was staying over at my boyfriends and it was a handy little moisturizer. I had broken out severly on my skin, and I have dry skin normally. So the next morning, before applying dermablend (yes, it was that drastic), i applied lots of it and let it soak in. My skin didnt look great, but that was due to the break out and the fact that moisturizer and make up isnt magic, but it looked as good as it could do, so im really considering purchasing this in future.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2007 10:23:00 PM More reviews by kittyprincess

I love this stuff. I have super dry skin in Ohio winters and harsh acne treatments. My skin doesn't break out, but is think enough to quench the driest parched skin. I love how it feels so soft and velvety. They really put a lot in the jar too! I thought the price was good for how much you get! I've tried more expensive lotions that give you less and don't do a thing. I've not found a Benefit prouduct I haven't liked though...But, basically if you have dry skin and are acne prone, it might me a good choice for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2007 10:19:00 PM More reviews by vyxxyn

Best face cream for my dry-sensitive skin ever. Texture is light and creamy, a little denser than mousse. A little bit goes a long way. At last here's a moisturizer that doesn't contain SPF, with so many reviews about linking SPF to cancer I think BeneFit did a great job on this one. If it were cheaper I'd use it on my hands too. Scent seems a little synthetic but I can live with it.