October 24, 2014 | 1471 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Stay Matte Compact Powder Foundation

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2007 10:39:00 AM More reviews by rhimix

I'm surprised by the reviews here. Maybe it's not the best foundation ever, but for $5, this stuff is fabulous. I bought this in a shade too dark, but it didn't turn me orange - in fact, when I wore it out, people complimented me on my "tan"! LOL. What's more, the packaging is nice - very simple, but not cheesy like most of the CoverGirl and Maybelline products. I don't wear foundation every day but I'm glad I found this for occasions. Here's a tip though - it's really hard to evenly apply this product with the makeup sponge they give you, so I use a big foundation brush and brush it on. Works every time :)
Edit: OK, just kidding. This made me break out the worst I ever have after using it for just two days, but I cleard up again once I stopped using this. *sigh* It sucks because I really liked the stuff :(

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2007 6:20:00 AM More reviews by debralb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was very disappointed with this. In fact I thought it was terrible for several reasons. 1) I bought 'Ivory' (which is always right for me in other Rimmel products) but it was significantly darker than Ivory usually is, a weird shade with a slight grey to it. 2) The lasting power was none existent - 4 hours after applying it I looked in the mirror and I was shocked! I looked ridiculous; it had stayed put only where I had put concealer underneath. The rest was terribly patchy like I'd dabbed dirty patches on my face. I was so embarrassed that I had to be seen in public looking like that! I'm very disappointed in Rimmel for this product. It felt lovely and silky when I tried it in the shop on my hand - but ultimately it was a very bad buy. I certainly would not recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2007 11:26:00 PM More reviews by mommytomy3sons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sucks, sucks, sucks. That about sums it up. Turned greasy and orange within 45 minutes. Provided absolutely no coverage whatsoever. Thank God it was only $6.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2007 1:04:00 AM More reviews by mai1978

This turned me orange! And I was using the lightest color, porcelain, which was dark enough for me, strangely enough. The color selection is very weird. The mirror is big for a compact, but there is no separate compartment for the sponge. The compact itself is very plain, but still it closes securely. The finish, before it turned orange, was a bit powdery, and it did not have enough coverage for a foundation.
Orange! Ugh.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2007 9:55:00 PM More reviews by mochasplash

i bought this powder foundation in natural beige. to my surprise, it was very close to my natural skin tone. seeing how this brand is from the u.k, i thought the shades would have been a lot lighter. i dont like how the sponge sits on the make up itself. it's best use when not rubbed onto the face, but blotted works better. it stays matte longer. the appearance of the product is terrible. it's in an ugly packaging. the mirror is huge though. it makes my face look dull.
i wish there was another compartment for the sponge. once used and put back on top of the make up, it just causes bacterial to grow on the make up and sponge.. which isn't good at all. i paid a bit over $8CAN for this.. i would try the stay matte powder next time. i see it has better reviews.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2006 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Angela75

Well, the packaging is god-awful. That ugly skin tone square block is like carrying a brick in my purse. The formula isn't bad-it covers just slightly and does not look chalky, but the colour selection is peculiar. I'm sort of pale with rosacea type skin redness around my nose where I used to break out in rosacea, and this sort of blurs the redness. I'm also oily only in the T zone and this definitely doesn't address the oil for more than half an hour. I use the lightest shade-i can't remember the name-maybe nude or porcelain-but it really is quite tan-i would only use this in the summer-time. It's my first attempt at powder foundation-i need a bit of coverage but foundation looks awful on me, so I'll keep looking. My next try will be one of Maybelline's products MUA girls seem to like.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2006 1:16:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

This has a nice smooth texture and great coverage for a powder foundation. Too bad the colors are so godawful. None of these shades look like skin. I wear Ivory or True Ivory in Rimmel's liquids but Ivory was too dark and had a strange orangey-brown tint to it. Basically I looked like I'd had a bad experience with self tanner. In the compact True Ivory looked to be a similar shade so I didn't bother with it. I then tried Porcelain. Surprisingly it was not too light on me, but now I looked like the Pink Panther. Not exactly the look I'm going for. I kept trying to figure out how to open the extra compartment for the sponge and finally concluded the darn compact doesn't have one. Unbelievable. What a waste, as this would be a really nice affordable powder foundation, if only it came in realistic skin-like shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2006 5:08:00 PM More reviews by b_electrocuted

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this in the lightest shade after not being able to get to the dept store to get my usual Mac Studio Fix in NW20. I have totally converted this this stuff! I would buy this product again even if it was MORE expensive than Studio Fix. It has excellent coverage & oil control. It makes my skin look and feel flawless and smooth. I love it and I am anxious to try other Rimmel products!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2006 5:39:00 PM More reviews by MissRubyJones

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

Can't get a color that's right in this - they are all way too dark and orangey. As for it staying matte - not on my super oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2006 8:35:00 PM More reviews by auras

I have to begin by saying that I bought this by mistake :-( I thought it was powder, it's foundation. And I am better friends w/ powders. Anyway, I have this in porcelain 101 and the color is perfect, no trace of orange even at the end of the day (but again I tried many foundations and none of them ever turned me orange). For those who say it doesn't blend well, I only have one mention: if your face is not in perfect condition and by that I mean perfectly moisturized no flakes whatsoever, no foundation will ever blend. I have this problem w/ my combo skin, and my t-zone is oily but flaky. So gals, don't complain about the quality of a product when in fact it's our fault for not being capable of keeping our skin in top condition. Foundation is only for perfectly moisturized skin. Enough of that, overall the product is pretty decent and maybe I would repurchase if it wasn't for the cheap looking package. EDIT: This doesn't even cover minor imperfections, it only gives a velvety finish. Won't repurchase.