October 1, 2014 | 1071 users online

Conditioner - Redken - All Soft Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by KamieShammy

I LOVE THIS STUFF! It has softening agents like silk and avocado so it feels so good!

have noticed it makes my hair less frizzy depending on where I am living in the US. It makes me hair soft, but does not control my frizz. No other conditioner has been spectacular for my hair, but this is pretty good. Wait until you see a great sale and stock up! I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This range - shampoo, conditioner and heavy cream treatment - is MUCH lighter than I thought, and this is a good thing! I was worried it would be too heavy for my fine long hair and oily prone scalp, but it works great. I just had to try the famous All Soft, even though everyone seems to hate the new IPN formula, and I'm glad I took the chance. Makes my hair really soft and shiny and doesn't leave any residue which is crucial for me. Of course it didn't give any volume, but it didn't weigh my hair down more than any other moisturizing range would do. I bought a travel set of the shampoo and conditioner and will maybe buy the full size bottles if it continues to work well for me.
I've got brittle ends and a fair amount of breakage even though my hair is virgin and naturally soft, so I alternate this with Extreme once a week.

I must say I'm pretty shocked at all the very negative reviews of the new All Soft with IPN. It seems that it used to be heavier and even more nourishing, so the old formula probably wouldn't have suited my hair so well.

EDIT: 7/26/2013
Giving this 5 lippies, since it's the only shampoo/conditioner combo that's been able to keep all the tangles away from my hair. I can now finger comb with ease after having been outside in the wind - NEVER happened before. Less tangles means less breakage and my hair just looks a lot better in general. Don't like the sweet artificial scent, but that's a small price to pay for such a good product. I've bought the full size bottles and don't see myself straying from this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by kehaniprice

This is the most amazing Shampoo & conditioner. About 2 years ago I decided it was a good idea to dye my dark brown hair blonde (Stupid). It destroyed my hair. My once curly, shiny, knot free hair, was matted and knotted, limp and dead and worst off all it had lost it's curl.
I went to my hairdresser and they used this on my hair and my hair looked better felt softer and less knotty. So i decided to buy it, even though it is very expensive.
3 months later, my hair is back to normal and i would really recommend this shampoo and conditioner it worked a miracle for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by slidingdoors

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Note: I am giving 1 star to the new formula of All Soft with argan oil in it. I would have given 5 stars to the old formula of All Soft with avocado oil in it.

===
After a nightmare scenario with a Paul Mitchell shampoo that I innocently bought from Drugstore.com and which ruined my hair in one week (see below for that story, if you are interested), I spent several desperate months going to many stylists/salons and beauty supply stores trying to find something to help the little bit of my hair that was left.

My long hair, which was my best feature, had always been very healthy and resilient for the previous 25 years, but suddenly in a week it was broken-off, short, jagged, damaged, fly-away, frizzy, dull, uneven.

I tried nearly everything at the beauty supply store, and what the various stylists/salons recommended to me. I tried shampoos/conditioners, treatment packets, special protein treatments done at the salon, styling products, leave-in conditioners, various oils.

I was getting to the end of my choices, and I tried about 5 of the product lines of Redken, but nothing worked, until the Redken All Soft range.

The All Soft shampoo and conditioner were *magnificent*. The All Soft made my hair shiny, soft, and decent-looking. (To make it merely decent-looking, like anyone else's normal discount-brand-shampooed hair would look, was a miracle.)

Then, last year, Redken REFORMULATED the All Soft line. They took out avocado oil and added argan oil. They changed other ingredients too. The new formula of All Soft was terrible on my hair. It made my hair dry, brittle, frizzy. It made my scalp oily and it made my forehead break out in pimples.

In a mad rush, I spent about 2 days trying to locate bottles of the old product in about a 30-mile radius. I was able to scrounge up a couple of sets of the old shampoo/conditioner. I've been using those precious supplies sparingly for the last year, but I'm now out of it.

Therefore, I have gone around the last 3 weeks and tried all kinds of brands, I've gone to salons, I've gone to drugstores. Nothing is working for my hair. Not even the highly-rated Pureology line, which was really bad for my hair last week.

A lot of formerly-loyal Redken customers were very upset about the change in the All Soft formula. I don't know WHY they changed it. They could have brought out a new product line that contained argan oil, if having a line that featured it was so important to them.

I've tried to find what other people are using as a replacement for the old All Soft, but no one really says what they have moved on to.

If anyone has found something comparable, please send me a message via this website!

===
[In case you are interested in the backstory, this was my nightmare scenario:

A couple of years ago, I ordered a Paul Mitchell shampoo/conditioner set in travel size bottles on sale from Drugstore dot com. I thought I'd give this hair care line a try.

After one week of using the Paul Mitchell products, they made the bottom 12 inches of my very healthy hair break off around the 2 and 3-inch mark (broke off 2-3 inches from my scalp). My hair started breaking off in huge amounts, so I stopped using the Paul Mitchell products, but it was too late. Most of my hair broke off over the next couple of days. It clogged up the large main water drain that is underneath the foundation of our house and we had to spend $300 for a plumber to come and get the gigantic hairball out.

It was pretty traumatic because it made me look awful - I looked 10 years older. Every stranger feels okay about coming out and saying this to me when he or she looks at my photo on my driver's licence or passport -- such as when I'm going through security at the airport, or when I am buying a bottle of wine at the supermarket. A supermarket clerk even said this last week to me, even though my jaggedy damaged hair has now grown down to my chin in the last 2 years and it looks SO much better than it did when it first all broke off.

My hair grows slowly, so it has taken 2 years to get all the broken pieces to chin length.

At the time that I bought these travel size bottles of the Paul Mitchell products, I did NOT know that Drugstore dot com was not an authorized seller of those products. I thought that they were such a big company and so well-known that of course they would stick to the industry rules and I assumed that they would only sell products they were authorized to sell. I later found out that this is not so - they are not authorized to sell Paul Mitchell products - and the fine print on their website states this. Apparently there is a big grey market in salon-level hair products. If you don't buy the products from authorized sellers (like bricks-and-mortar hair salons), the manufacturer won't guarantee the product's quality or purity.

Lord knows what was actually in the bottles I got. I cannot imagine that Paul Mitchell products would be so terrible, because they have a good reputation. I do not really blame the Paul Mitchell company for ruining my hair, but even so, I will never try another one of their products again, just in case the shampoo that made all my hair break off was authentically their product.

My advice is to never buy salon haircare products from an unauthorized retailer! And there are many of them around now - supermarkets, big box stores, most of the major internet retailers -- but in most cases they are not authorized by the manufacturer. You can check on the manufacturer's website to see who the authorized retailers are.]

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Keeperol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had used the accompanying conditioner several years ago with Aveda Shampure and found it ridiculously drying however I moved to a new city with different water/climate and found I needed something more hydrating so I thought I'd try All Soft again, I was originally using just the conditioner with LUSH Godiva shampoo bar and found it an bad to average combination however I purchased the All Soft shampoo about a month ago and used in conjunction with the shampoo, the conditioner has been fantastic. I'm able to let it air dry comfortably without my hair turning into a frizzy mess and I can easily go 2 days between washes. My hair also looks great after using heat styling tools (after using a protecting cream). Very, very impressed. I have mid-length hair that is quite coarse, very thick and tends toward dryness (though my fringe does get oily after a day and a half or so), I've also not had it cut in about three months which is much less noticeable since using All Soft.

I purchased the conditioner at the start of March 2013 in Australia.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I love this stuff!!

My hair went from extremely dry and brittle to very soft, shiny and of course smelling good. The smell is great, something like a combination of Shea Butter and Vanilla scent. it. I cant remember exactly how much I spent on it (somewhere in the $12-$17 range) but I truly feel that for the quality this conditioner is on your hair, its completely worth the price. You dont even have to use too much, a little goes a long way in this case, whereas some of the much cheaper brands you have to use way more than you probably should to even feel like the product is working.

This conditioner is AMAZING! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by JCM123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wowee! I am so glad I gave this stuff a go after reading all the wonderful recommendations! I have been using Morrocanoil for the past year or so and have been really pleased with the hydrating shampoo but the condition leaves much to be desired... After using it for some time, I decided I ought to look into other better options so off the back of these reviews decided to give this one a try! I am soooo glad I did, from the first use my dry ends from years of bleach are looking a million times better! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you Redken All Soft Shampoo :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This conditioner has a grapefruit smell to it and smells very nice and fruity. It is not an overpowering smell which I prefer because i'm very sensitive to fragrance. After shampooing and conditioning my hair feels soft and does not have a weighed down or stringy appearance. I wash my hair with this shampoo and condition about 3 times a week. I try and wash it every other day so that i'm not stripping my hair of essential oils or washing out the color (highlights).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by sallyfielding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this! I use it along with the shampoo and it has seriously done wonders to my hair. All my dry, brittle ends were soft and genuinely looked healthy after one use. I'd really recommend it to anyone in need of a healthy boost for their hair!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The All Soft collection was a disappointment for me. My hair is dry, frizzy, and prone to breakage. All Soft did not soften my tresses. In fact, it did nothing at all. I couldn't tell the difference when I used All Soft products and when I used any old random drug store products. I found Redken's Extreme line (the blue bottles) and I am beyond satisfied. Thank you Redken, but not for these All Soft duds.