August 30, 2014 | 1609 users online

Powder - Aveda - Inner Light Dual Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by MakeupBabe97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is pretty awesome!!! It comes in a plastic compact and it comes with a makeup sponge the same size as the foundation. I like the sponge, but I haven't really used it that much.
I use Aster, 'cause I'm pale, and it matches really well! I use it with the Aveda Kabuki brush -which is the BEST BRUSH EVER!!!!!- and it has really good coverage and the BEST thing about it is, it makes your skin feel SOOOO SOFT!!!! I dont even know why it does, I tend to touch my face alot and whenever I touch it when I am wearing this, I am like WOAH!!! MY FACE IS SO SMOOTH AND SOFT!!!! I have only used it dry though and I have almost perfect skin as it is and I don't need such full coverage, but I don't know how to use it wet.

Can anyone tell my how to use it wet???!!!! THANK YOU

Edit: IT DOESN'T BREAK ME OUT AND I HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by babygirl95

I really love this stuff. I attended an Aveda institute for their esthiology program and all of my classmates used this powder. I never saw what the big deal was until I tried it. It covers incredibly well and it makes my skin look flawless. It has tourmaline in it, which is a mineral that helps increase skin's radiance. I like to apply this with a sponge over my liquid foundation for heavier coverage. It's great by itself too. On my drier days, I have to make sure to not use too much because it does accentuate dryness (but so do most powders). However, I don't like that this foundation doesn't come with a compact. I have two of the environmental compacts but I find that they are so big. I just wish they made a slimmer one just to keep this powder in. That's a small price to pay for a really great powder. I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Aveda Dual Light foundation looks absolutely gorgeous. I remember the first time I wore it before going out clubbing my girls all stopped in their tracks and were wowed by how flawless I looked. I always get compliments on how perfect my skin looks whenever I wear this whether I lightly dust it over my face during the day or apply more heavily at night. It is amazing coverage for a powder foundation and I didn't need to use liquid foundation underneath to give me that perfect canvas skin look and yet you can use it during the day as long as you use a light hand with a largish powder brush as it is very build able. It is very finely milled and doesn't break me out even though i've slept in it a few times after a couple drunken nights out lol (which needless to say I do NOT suggest) You have to buy the separate case if you'd like b/c it doesn't come with but I just use it in the plastic container it comes in.

Cons: It doesn't look great in flash photography. Which I think is because it contains SPF 12 and as we all know, anything with spf will give you a whitish cast in photos. It's the only reason why I give it four lippies instead of five. If you are going to put spf in this, why not bump up the spf much higher? If you don't plan to take much photos in this though I highly recommend this.

Overall I really like it! I think i'm going to use it as a daily powder and try to find something else that I can wear at night on the weekends because when I go out I tend to take a lot of photos.

update-----------

It is so finely milled that you hit pan very quickly so don't keep swirling it around with a huge brush like i've been doing like an idiot and just dab and buff it on your skin.

13 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Cab1

I've been using this foundation for several months now and I love it! I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin. For a powder foundation, this product has amazing coverage! It also keeps my skin from getting too oily or breaking out. The only issue I have with it is the price. I pay about $33.50 Canadian...and the product doesn't last that long. I cringe every time I have to buy it, but once I start using it I realize it is worth the price! This product has a light natural scent. It can be applied with a sponge or brush. I prefer to use the sponge because it gives a bit more coverage. I'd recommend giving it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by LillyWish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

For ref. my skin is NW15, sensitive, always some spots and I hate that silicone fealing that my face can't breathe (Hmm... Chanel Perfection Lumiere).

However, I have been using this foundation now for 4 years and I can tell you that I ALWAYS return to this powder foundation because it has everything I want in a foundation.

I am shocked by how much liquid foundation girls use because it is so bad for your skin.

Pros:
a) This powder foundation covers equal or more than a liquid foundation, it has full cover. I only need a tiny amount.

b) It doe NOT contain talc! It also has some really nice ingredients....

c) The colour selection is perfect for my fair skin!

d) The price is good, specially compared to another of my favorite powder foundation from Laura Mercier and each case of this powder lasts me for about 3 months.

Cons:
a) I love all the ingredients except for the dimethicone and the seed oil... I think the oil is the cause of some pores clogging and I dont like silicones on my face, but I can tolerate it.

b) I seriously dislike the casing. It comes in a plastic container with the pan inside and a sponge. I always have to use a pin to get the products out of the corners. Full casings are sold seperatly but they are so bulky!

c) Only 7gr. in a pan!

Tips:
a) When the product is almost finished, i scrape the corners and put it in the plastic container around the pan. Then I can dip a brush in and use the rest.

b) MAC 109 brush is great for this powder, or MAC 187 if you want a sheerer coverage or use it wet.

c) I ALWAYS set this foundation powder with a translucent powder!!
i) Aveda Loose Powder
ii) MUFE HD Powder
iii) Shiseido translucent pressed powder

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by mrsmtb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's hard for really pale girls like me to find a foundation that matches a fair skintone perfectly. Believe it or not, my husband turned me on to this foundation; he worked for Aveda during college!
The coverage is great; I'd say it's medium - definitely better than most powder foundations. Also, my skin tends to react when I switch facial products too, but with this, I didn't get a reaction at all. It seems gentle to my skin.
My only tiny complaint is the packaging. Aveda wants you to buy the compact, but I didn't. The plastic packaging it comes in has been fine. I carry it in my purse and it's never opened up on me. I might spring for the compact one day. If you like pretty and glamourous compacts, this one definitely is NOT. But it IS environmentally friendly and reusable.
I would highly recommend this foundation to anyone with pale, sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Tralana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I picked this up in the lightest shade cream, and I KNOW I have found my makeup for life! The actual makeup was $22.50, and k went ahead and bought the small compact for I think $18 or so. Some people find it bad that you have to buy them separate, but you only buy the compact once and it's less waste, so why not? This is a DREAM! it matches my skin perfectly since I'm so fair. It covers the redness in my cheeks and covers over my blemishes. It stays put all day even though my face is oily, and it really is full coverage. I will never buy any other foundation ever again, and I've never got something more than once. LOVE IT!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by kellyadams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I'm an extremely fair, cool toned gal with freckles, red hair, etc... It's VERY difficult for me to find a color match in fdtn's! I usually wear a TM, but Houston in the summer is just too humid for that (and I'm on the oily side), so I went looking for a compact powder fdtn (I'm too low maintenence for MMU!). Naturally I am the lightest shade in Aveda's dual foundation - cream - but whatever, it doesn't look orange on me, for once! I've been wearing it all day now (applied it dry with a sponge), and haven't had to blot once... Score! Note, I'm wearing it over a primer, so not sure what it would do on the bare face. Anyhow, I think this may be my perfect fdtn. I'm a fan.

Edit: I'm not too thrilled with this fdtn anymore... After using it for awhile, I think it's just too cakey for fair skin. Perhaps that's the case with all compact fdtns though. I also don't think the value is great - you go through the tiny amount they give you very quickly, especially if you use a brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

I loved this foundation because I could use it wet or dry, could make the coverage full or light, and most importantly, Carob was a PERFECT match! Unfortunately, I was told by a store associate that they are discontinuing my shade because it didn't sell well. That's a shame. A bigger shame is that Aveda's color range wasn't broad in the first place and they are narrowing it further. Well, I would repurchase if my PERFECT (summer) color wasn't being discontinued. Now I got to search on Ebay and stock up, then find a replacement product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

All I can say is... WHY HAVEN'T I TRIED THIS BEFORE NOW? I am amazed, truly amazed by this powder foundation. I have tried hundreds of foundations, and found some that I really liked, but never have I found one quite like this. I use this in shade "Cream" in the winter, and "Aster" in the summer. This covers like a dream, it goes on like silk, effortlessly gives a full coverage, and makes your skin look smooth and silky, absolutly flawless. I usually use powder foundations over a liquid foundation for more coverage, but with this I don't have to, this gives perfect coverage on its own. Another great thing about this foundation, is it doesn't separate on your skin and "crack" or get cakey. This is a mineral powder, but unlike most mineral foundations, this does not give that "glittery" look, it gives a natural matte look. I have very oily skin, and this holds up wonderfully and stays in place all day. I do use oil blotting sheets once or twice throughout the day, but this doesn't budge or rub off on them. I recommend this powder foundation to anyone, I'm in love with it!!! Couldn't be happier!