October 22, 2014 | 2045 users online

Conditioner - Giovanni - 50/50 Balanced Remoisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by CarrrmenJ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair LOVES this stuff!!!! I've been using the 50/50 shampoo and alternating between this and the Smooth and Silk conditioner...OMFG!!! These products sparked my research on organics vs. products that have lots of sulfates (arghh!! what have I been doing to my hair/skin all these years?!) and the like. While I don't think I'll ever by ALL organic ALL the time (there are certainly benefits to some modern chemistry) my hair has really responded to these gentler products.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2008 10:36:00 AM More reviews by sallyv04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought a HUGE pump bottle of this conditioner at Costco for $9.99. It's very unlikely of me to devote myself to such a huge bottle before I have tried the actual product but I was intrigued by the fact that it's an organic shampoo. After I got home, I came to read the reviews and was pleasantly surprised to find most of them be positive!
Unfortunetly, after two months, I am slowly losing my interest in the shampoo/conditioner. The conditioner is not thick at all and doesn't coat my hair. Usually, conditioner leaves your hair extremely soft after you rinse it off but it just strips my hair and leaves it in the same condition as after I shampoo'd it. I'm very unimpressed.
By no means does it give me that wow! factor. For a guy, this conditioner would be perfect. All it does is clean and leave hair nice and smooth. But for a girl, it doesn't leave my hair soft, manageable, bouncy, shiny or volumous. I like more oomph in my hair.
All in all, I'm going to switch back to Pantene (ironic, considering most people say Pantene is horrible for your hair because of all the frangances and dyes in it). Pantene may not be organic and natural, but boy, does it leave my hair bouncy and soft.
I have 3/4 of this bottle left, along with the shampoo, and it's going to my husband. He would appreciate the simplicity of it.

Update:
I now feel like I am using this conditioner because I have to. I have had it with the constant shedding, so I'm switching to a product that leaves my hair soft and luxurious-Pantene.
I'm taking off another lippie.
Organic or not, it's not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2008 10:15:00 PM More reviews by sue_anne

I was really excited about trying out this product after reading all the reviews. Unfortunately for me the shampoo and matching conditioner left my hair feeling dry and tangled. The smell wasn't horrible but it wasn't pleasant either. The packaging makes it hard to get every last drop of product(conditioner as the shampoo is runny) out. If you are looking for sls/-cone free shampoo/conditioner try the Desert Essence ones. They smell better and aren't as drying.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Michawn

A great deal at Costco, 50/50 shampoo or conditioner, in a HUGE pump bottle (hate big bottles with no pump) for $9.99 each. Unfortunately it is going back (thank goodness for a good Costco return policy), it's drying to my hair. Not sure if it's the shampoo or the conditioner, I was bummed as I'd like to use something that is more "green" but alas, I still hunt.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2008 11:53:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

SO creamy and SO moisturizing. Fantastic for days my hair feels dry and as well as normal. Got this in a huge bottle at Costco for $10, hell yea. My sister uses this too and she's a salon product only kind of gal, but she switched to this. Says a lot lol. It's so creamy you only need a little. I've switched to this at first because of the huuuge bottle (I have hair past my butt so I run out fast) and i'm staying cause of what a fantastic product it is.
TRY THIS! Send me a message thanking me later haha. It's the bomb.

Ingredients:

Aqua (Purified Water) with *Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil, *Nettle (Uritica Dioica) Oil, *Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, *Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilus Flower) Oil, *Clary (Salvia Sclarea), *Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), *Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Farfara), *Yarrow (Achillea Millefolium) Oil, *Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), *Horsetail (Equistetum Arvense) Oil, *Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Acetamide MEA, Cetyl Alcohol (plant derived), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (corn), Sodium Hydroxymethylgycinate, Grapefruit Seed (citrus derived).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by lboling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this conditioner! I have thick, straight hair that tends to be dry (especially since I blow dry it daily). This is the first natural conditioner that actually leaves my hair soft, comb-able, and feeling light. I've tried John Masters, Beauty Without Cruelty, and, of course, non-natural brands. Giovanni is the first to leave my hair feeling light and not weighted down and oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Beautyhurts

I bought this based on reviews on MUA, but after using this I don't understand all the hype. This didn't really do much besides leave my hair frizzy and poofy. I want to like the 'all natural' ingrediants but this one just wasn't enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by cherrybark

I am so happy to have started using the giovanni line. great stuff. i have very fine hair that i highlight not too ofter but my hair tends to become dry easily. this is a great conditioner. my hair has not had any dryness since using this and i also use giovanni shampoos as well. my hair feels smooth and fuller after using this conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Mahars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This used to be one of my favorite conditioners. It's silicone free, has an unobtrusive light floral fragrance, and (used to) have a minimum of ingredients I couldn't pronounce. It effectively moisturizes my extremely dry, frizzy highlighted hair, doesn't cost as much as salon brands, and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Because the formula was perfect as it was, I was shocked to discover today that the formula has changed. This evening when I received my order from Vitamin Shoppe, I was dismayed to find a whole slew of chemicals (some of which are listed as possible irritants on Skin Deep) have been added. I don't know why every time a product gets popular, the formula changes. I'm going back to Aubrey Organics GPB, a superior but somewhat more expensive all natural conditioner.
Edit: Sadly I have to take off two lippies. This product no longer moisturizes my hair enough and it irritates my scalp. It's such a shame because it used to be so good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2007 6:34:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this, the Silk, and the Nutrafix. My hair Is fine, dry, highlighted, I have a ton of it, and I live in a dry climate. I have tried many natural products and they all are somewhat drying. I found that to be true for all three of these as well. I also found that the oils that are used, even though the scent is light, I reacted to all of them...my ears burned and I felt somewhat sneezy. I think these are the best "natural" conditioners I've tried, but not enough for me.