December 17, 2014 | 1913 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Merle Norman - Luxiva Sheer Defense Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by richaco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Another fabulous product by Merle Norman! I am an oily girl who wants a matte look, without cakey foundation. This really gets close to perfect -- it is much, much less "dewy" than LM Tinted Moisturizer (which ended up getting put up for swap once I purchased this). I use my MN Ultra powder on top and it provides a wonderful matte, though natural, look.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

Tried the sample, too much like a foundation for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2008 10:06:00 PM More reviews by wannashine

I am pretty much done with MN foundations-have been working my way through them lately b/c of the reviews I've read(and they will only exchange not refund). The lightest color was simply to dark and orangy. It also seemed to accentuate my fine lines-maybe because of the color being too dark. I'm sure it would be good for summer if you tan. Can't comment beyond that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 10:40:00 AM More reviews by jilltaylor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is perfect for the summer! It gives good coverage and is light and has sunscreen. It goes on smooth and blends easily. The only downside is its kinda expensive for a tinted moisturizer.
EDIT: This summer, I've been wearing this and no foundation because it feels too heavy for me. I find that using some Merle Norman pressed powder, bronzer over that and some Merle Norman blush gives me a perfect summer glow and my skin looks nice and smooth, with NO foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2008 10:13:00 PM More reviews by rosie3685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful tinted moisturizer. It offers just enough coverage but its not so thick where your face looks too makeuppy or cakey. It really seemed to brighten my face ( I have dark undereye circles and olive skin) it seemed to give me nice even skin tone and a subtle glow. The only thing for me is that its not moisturizing enough so I put additional moisturizer on before i put it on oh and it is a little pricey, that why I didnt give it a 5, but on the other hand it will last forever so its definately worth it. Highly recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by mayaty02

I love this! I have sensative/combination skin and don't usually use a moisurizer during the day. Unfortunately we I get older, it's becoming apparent that I need to use something. I told the MN sales lady that I used mineral makeup (BE) and she said she sells alot of this product a base to the mineral makeup... I decided to give it a whirl and I adore this product. It definitely makes my makeup go on easier and provides a bit of coverage as well, and it's a light age defying moisturizer! I found that "bare" was the best color for me and it blends in beautifully. I will definitely buy again,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 5:45:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

This is a really good tinted moisturizer. I like using this under different powder foundations. Just apply it, then apply either a powder foundation or mineral foundation over it. It keeps your face dewy looking instead of a powder mess that makes your skin look dry. The coverage is probably the best of all of the tinted moisurizers that I have tried. Good stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by twinmommy44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an awesome product. I had heard that Merle Norman had come along way over the years and that I should check them out. I am soooo pleased with the Luxiva Tinted Moisturiser. I can actually use it in place of foundation and it stays matte. This is a keeper.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2007 11:55:00 AM More reviews by gingereg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a favorite. The color selection leaves much to be desired. When I was really tan and as dark as I'll ever be in my life the Tan shade worked, but that was only briefly. I agree with another poster who said that the first 2 shades look the same in the bottle, but neither of them work on my skin. The 1st is too light, the 2nd too dark. Also it makes me look shiny, which I don't need.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by twinmommy36

This is perfect for summer. I can actually use it in place of foundation. I have fair to medium skin ( I usually wear the darkest light shade or the lightest medium shade in a line) I am wearing Bare today. It is not going to provide a lot of moisture if you have dry skin, but if you hate the feel of makeup and like a natural look, this is fabulous stuff. Merle Norman has really improved since I used it back in the eighties! I will probably wear this during the day all summer long in place of foundation.