Dr. Bronner's Almond Castille Soap

4.5

Not tested on animals

Water, Organic Coconut Oil*, Potassium Hydroxide**, Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Natural Almond Fragrance, Citric Acid, Tocopherol * CERTIFIED FAIR TRADE INGREDIENTS ** None remains after saponifying oils into soap and glycerin

on 9/12/2009 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

If you want to be squeeky clean, than this is the soap for you. I love the Almond scent and find that it is less drying than the more popular peppermint. I always swear I won't buy anymore of this soap, but it does guarantee that I feel absolutely clean. You do need to follow with lotion in the winter, but not as much in the winter.

on 8/20/2009 10:00:00 PM

ohhh Dr. Bronner. How I love thee. I use this daily on my face while I shower, and has been the only soap gentle enough for my skin. Lovely natural oils and no harmful chemicals. Wouldn't recommend as a shampoo because it has a tendency to tangle, but if you have dreads you should totally check this out! I will continue buying this, I may look into the unscented baby and lavender types as well. Hilarious retro packaging. ranges from 6-12 bucks. Awesome.

on 5/28/2009 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

**Almond - Gorgeous scent. Great cleaning. Rate it somewhere between tea tree and peppermint for moisturizing skin. Not good for anything else but skin washing as the oil content is too high. If you try to wash your clothes with it you'll end up with grease stains. The soap version of this is great for shaving.

on 5/8/2009 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nice scent. Cleans well. I like that it's all healthy and has so many uses.

One comment, though.. I had great difficulties using this as shampoo. GREAT difficulties.

on 4/5/2009 11:01:00 PM

I love this stuff. I just bought my second bottle of this today, but I've been using it for over 6 months. It lasts a very long time. I love anything almond-scented, and this definitely has a great almond scent. I have super sensitive skin and find this works amazingly well for removing my makeup and washing my face without drying it out or causing any problems. I did try washing my hair with it once though and that was a disaster. I've heard from some people that's because of some kind of "detox" the hair has to go through, but I couldn't stick it out after the second attempt. Anyway, for facial cleanser, body wash, or anywhere else, I find it's wonderful.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Let me start off by stating that I LOVE sweet almond-scented ANYTHING. That being said, when I picked this up at the market today, I was excited about the potential of having a product that would be a multi-tasker with this favorite scent of mine. I was planning on using it as a hand soap, body wash, and shampoo in particular. I kept sniffing it at the store to make sure that I liked the fragrance. It was lovely. I brought it home, put a tiny bit in my hand, and washed my hands. The lovely sweet scent quickly disappeared, giving way to a very unpleasant, industrial smell. Not only that, my hands, which are normally decently hydrated at this time of year, are still feeling dry, even 3 and a half hours of using the soap and using hand cream once. This stuff stripped all the moisture from my hand and though smells pleasant in the bottle, smells terrible in usage. My mom even took a tiny drop to wash her hands and was terribly repelled by the smell.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Love it. I use it for a shampoo, face/body wash for my son and also around the house. With our economy the way it is no, this is worth every single penny spent. So economical! 16oz bottle will last for 6months to a year.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Several things here:

(1) I'm glad I read the reviews because I didn't know this was meant to be diluted.

(2) I didn't know it could be used for other purposes than cleansing the skin.

(3) Smells wonderful.

(4) Leaves my skin a bit dry. I really feel the need for my Jergens Original Scent right after this. But perhaps I've been using too much?

(5) Makes the bathtub very slippery!

on 11/19/2008 9:21:00 AM

Wow - this stuff is so cool! Its all natural, comes in a HUGE bottle that since you are supposed to dilute = will last a LONG time, smells lightly of almond and the smell disappears shortly after rinsing/towelling off, easy to find at stores like Target.

I poured about a quarter of the bottle into my empty LARGE pump bottle of Neutrogena's rain bath shower gel, and filled the rest up w/ water. I use on a shower puff in the a.m. Beware - the product is very runny, even w/out diluting, but a little goes a long way. My skin feels soft, smooth and lightly scented (again for only a short period of time) and the product rinses cleanly away!

My only gripe is that I hate the label - so much writing in such tiny letters! :) Makes my eyes feel old!!

I have not used for other things like cleaning or laundry, but as a shower gel/soap - thumbs up all the way!!

on 10/19/2008 9:27:00 PM

I use this for hand and bath soap and I love it. I may have to try it for dishwashing as well. It is lightweight, not too drying (if heavily diluted), and smells divine.

Dr Bronners does not do animal testing, which is an important criteria for all of my cosmetics. Recycling plastic is difficult where I live, but this is clear and #1 PETE which is the easiest. I have not looked elsewhere since I started using this soap.