April 20, 2014 | 1679 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Almond Castille Soap

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2009 4:19:00 AM More reviews by strickers

Nice scent. Cleans well. I like that it's all healthy and has so many uses.

One comment, though.. I had great difficulties using this as shampoo. GREAT difficulties.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by babitcake

I love this stuff. I just bought my second bottle of this today, but I've been using it for over 6 months. It lasts a very long time. I love anything almond-scented, and this definitely has a great almond scent. I have super sensitive skin and find this works amazingly well for removing my makeup and washing my face without drying it out or causing any problems. I did try washing my hair with it once though and that was a disaster. I've heard from some people that's because of some kind of "detox" the hair has to go through, but I couldn't stick it out after the second attempt. Anyway, for facial cleanser, body wash, or anywhere else, I find it's wonderful.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by chickflickhehe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by stating that I LOVE sweet almond-scented ANYTHING. That being said, when I picked this up at the market today, I was excited about the potential of having a product that would be a multi-tasker with this favorite scent of mine. I was planning on using it as a hand soap, body wash, and shampoo in particular. I kept sniffing it at the store to make sure that I liked the fragrance. It was lovely. I brought it home, put a tiny bit in my hand, and washed my hands. The lovely sweet scent quickly disappeared, giving way to a very unpleasant, industrial smell. Not only that, my hands, which are normally decently hydrated at this time of year, are still feeling dry, even 3 and a half hours of using the soap and using hand cream once. This stuff stripped all the moisture from my hand and though smells pleasant in the bottle, smells terrible in usage. My mom even took a tiny drop to wash her hands and was terribly repelled by the smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it. I use it for a shampoo, face/body wash for my son and also around the house. With our economy the way it is no, this is worth every single penny spent. So economical! 16oz bottle will last for 6months to a year.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by theluscioushellcat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Several things here:

(1) I'm glad I read the reviews because I didn't know this was meant to be diluted.

(2) I didn't know it could be used for other purposes than cleansing the skin.

(3) Smells wonderful.

(4) Leaves my skin a bit dry. I really feel the need for my Jergens Original Scent right after this. But perhaps I've been using too much?

(5) Makes the bathtub very slippery!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 9:21:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

Wow - this stuff is so cool! Its all natural, comes in a HUGE bottle that since you are supposed to dilute = will last a LONG time, smells lightly of almond and the smell disappears shortly after rinsing/towelling off, easy to find at stores like Target.

I poured about a quarter of the bottle into my empty LARGE pump bottle of Neutrogena's rain bath shower gel, and filled the rest up w/ water. I use on a shower puff in the a.m. Beware - the product is very runny, even w/out diluting, but a little goes a long way. My skin feels soft, smooth and lightly scented (again for only a short period of time) and the product rinses cleanly away!

My only gripe is that I hate the label - so much writing in such tiny letters! :) Makes my eyes feel old!!

I have not used for other things like cleaning or laundry, but as a shower gel/soap - thumbs up all the way!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2008 9:27:00 PM More reviews by klyde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this for hand and bath soap and I love it. I may have to try it for dishwashing as well. It is lightweight, not too drying (if heavily diluted), and smells divine.

Dr Bronners does not do animal testing, which is an important criteria for all of my cosmetics. Recycling plastic is difficult where I live, but this is clear and #1 PETE which is the easiest. I have not looked elsewhere since I started using this soap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 6:52:00 PM More reviews by aebernero23

It smelled pretty good, but I wasn't knocked out by it's performance. I like the lavendar bar better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 11:48:00 AM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great all-purpose soap. I use it to clean my bathtub and make-up brushes. It lathers well as a body wash and leaves a pleasant almond scent. I'll ALWAYS have a bottle of this on hand. Peppermint is nice too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 5:50:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've never really liked the almond scented products I've used before (they just reek of being synthetic), so I was a little nervous about trying this, but it's divine! it smells exactly like these almond biscotti cookies my (italian) great grandmother used to get for me and my cousins. But best of all it's an all natural fragrance! my skin is really sensitive to synthetic fragrances as well as SLS in cleansers, so this works wonderfully for me. I love that the product is also free trade and organic. you can't get any better than that. I prefer to use the lavender and peppermint castile soaps for bath soaks, but I like using this as a body cleanser since I don't find it as drying as the other two (but the baby-mild is the least drying of the Dr. B soaps).