March 2, 2015 | 1202 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment in Naked

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had the eye for the vanilla pigment but I ended up buying this. I could not resist the Make Up Artist at the MAC store. It is an ok color, but I needed something whiter. It is nude, adds some light to lids, and that's it. I will experiment some, I belive you can use pigments in foundations, on top of blushes etc. Since pigments come in huge jars I am sure I will have enough product to play around! Maybe I will find ways to like it more. So far it is one of those products I can live without.

****Edit 19 Apr 2011

Recently I found new ways of using this pigment so I added one lippie.
I used it over various shades of brown eyeshadow and I got pretty greenish colors.
I added some into my loose powder and my powder now looks great when I apply, not cakey, but glows beautifully, with just right amount of shimmer in it. Maybe summer time I may add some more pigment to make it more shimmery :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by April79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I gave this an average rating because on its own its nothing special....but....If you mix this with equal parts of vanilla pigment and then press it, it makes a fabulous eyeshadow shade and a highlighter for your cheeks...I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Paulchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favorite Highlighter.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by ddha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for MAC's Naked pigment.

This is not a favorite. I will use up what I have left, but won't repurchase. I just can't deal with the glitter. From the reviews, it seemed like this product had some shimmer or very fine glitter particles. In mine, the glitter is big and that's all you notice on my eye. I feel like a tween with this on my eye. I've made this work for me by loading my brush with the pigment and then tapping it. The glitter usually falls off - but then so does a lot of the product. Below is my review of the different aspects of the product. It's not horrible, but just not for me.

About me - NC 10, paler in winter. Blonde hair. Blue eyes.

Color - It's a beige. The name Naked is spot on. I either use Urban Decay Primer Potion or MAC's Soft Ochre as a base and then apply Naked as a wash. It pretty much blends into my NC 15 skin. It's a bit darker (just a bit) and a bit more pink. As mentioned above, it also has big particles of glitter. I am not wowed by the color. It works for a nude eye, but I just can't deal with glitter. I try to tap all the glitter off my brush and wear this as a wash. I usually pair this with eyeliner, lots of mascara, a contour, blush and a red lippie.

Texture - The texture is nice and soft. It's easy to apply.

Wearability - It wears well for me as long as I have some sort of base.

Packaging - I have the old MAC pigment packaging. It's a simple small container. It contains approx. 7.5 g and I estimate around 4 teaspoons of product.

Price - $19.50. This is a decent price. Pigments last a long time.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by DazyDoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have had Naked since its release but i'm still a little more than frustrated with the texture. After the great fairylite disappointment, i was pretty sure that naked would provide a similar texture as say, vanilla, but no. This is the warmer version of fairylite with gold microglitter.
It works in the inner third of the eye, over a smokey or natural look.
It is especially effective if you do a full dark eye and realise you look a little too tired for that full on effect.
To lighten the look, put a light layer of foundation or neautral base in the inner third, over the top of your completed eye and use a 239 to pack and blend the Naked Pigment on and then use a highlight in the inner corner. Job done!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by MrsGlamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great brow highlight.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2010 7:50:00 AM More reviews by yfiore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

the colour looked lovely in the jar but on the eyelid which is hardly noticeable.

i like the color and i like that it's not that shiny ..hmm ,well it's not shimmery, but I It's has some golden undertones, pretty highlight color but on me this doesn't really show

so,it's good but i wouldn't say it's a great pigment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by MSEMR2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product, because I love all the different ways I can use it. When applied wet over my eyelids it's beautiful, and I also like it as a highlighter for my face. I haven't tried adding it to clear lipgloss yet, but I'm sure it will be beautiful on the lips as well. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I realy like Naked pigment. I use it as a highlight, lid color or sometimes even as a wash of color over my entire eyelid. it's a good color to have because it gives you that clean fresh look but can also be used to assist with darker shades (blending them etc).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love love LOVE this pigment. Looks great especially on fair skin as a lid colour. I like pairing this with Wedge or Cork for a natural, glowy daytime look or with Chocolate Brown pigment for a gorgeous evening look. You only need the tiniest amount as well. I have a huge sample of this from my sister which will last me forever! But when I run out I will re-order in a heartbeat.