December 20, 2014 | 1661 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by KathieL

Iconic. Sophisticated. This is my "signature scent"

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Kellergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in pure heaven. This is amazing. The initial spray is not good, but the drydown is heaven! This has lasted 6+ hours on me so far, and still going. It's a beautiful soft, musky swet scent that is just amazing. I wish I ahd tried this sooner!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by vitalogies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this out on my wrist at Ulta. Well, when you first spray it, it smells like cat pee. Not gonna lie. I sniffed it again after a few hours. After the pee smell went away, it smelled nostalgic and beautiful. I can't even really accurately describe it, because I don't know perfume jargon. It is like that time you tried drinking coffee when you were 12 years old, and at first you thought it was disgusting, but then you found yourself wanting more and more. An acquired taste. Strangely addicting. Powerfully feminine, a woman who wears this is a force to be reckoned with. I wish I could afford a bottle of my own.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my fragrance. It is me. I absolutely adore CHANEL No.5. It has a vintage feel and aroma to it which is exactly what I prefer. It's just perfect. Nothing comes close. I don't wear it everyday because this is *such* an elegant fragrance, more of a special fragrance, so when I spray this on I think to myself, "There I am."

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by XxmzVickyxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think a couple of reviews have it right, you really do only need 2 spritz of this and your onto a winner. It's a beautiful and timeless perfume. I'm my opinion it suits ALL ages both me and my mum wear this quite often and it smells completely different on both of us, my advice is grab a tester from your local Chanel counter and try before you buy! It's expensive but totally worth it :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by quartzrocker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You have to believe me when i say i wanted to love this perfume. I wanted to embody the iconic fragrance and i have tried to make this work for me. I tried it before bed, in the morning, before and after workout, Before and after various lotions and it still read detergent and roses, baby powder and dryer sheets. but it looks good on the dressing table though. Im so sad. I guess i cant channel my inner monroe

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

I really wish I liked this. I'm a huge fan I miss Monroe and I so desperately wanted to like this. This is an iconic fragrance, but it just doesn't do it for me. It smells way to powdery and mature, not sexy or feminine at all. My grandmother wears this, so whenever I smell it, the powdery scent reminds me of her, which, don't get me wrong isn't bad.. But I wouldn't want to smell like my grandmother. It is also EXTREMELY expensive which is understandable since of course, it is Chanel. but, nevertheless definitely nothing i would go crazy for.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

Three times in my life I have been gifted with No. 5. Three times I have given it away to other people. On me this smells like a stuffy unclean motel room: a combination of body odour, recent sexual activity and air freshener. Every time I have worn it, I have asked friends what they think and all of them have said it's revolting on me. I've also tried testers over the years, in case the bottles I was given were fake or had gone off. Nope, it's just my body chemistry and No. 5 clash very badly. On the other hand this smells fantastic on my mum - clean, elegant and just slightly sexy. In fact it is one of only two perfumes she can wear. This is the only reason I gave it two instead of one.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is very difficult to write a review for such an iconic fragrance that must have a left a trace in almost every perfume lovers life, be it positive or negative. I have seen people who perceive it as the utmost expression of sex appeal, it was Monroe’s fragrance!, people who perceive as a symbol of proper, classic chic as well as people who run for the hills as soon as they hear the name. Here on MUA, it is one of the most reviewed fragrances with 894 reviews in 12 years whereas it is not among the top 10 favourite fragrances of any age group. Still, with so many variations, formulations and reformulations over the years, I do not think these offer us a clear-cut idea about No.5 as trying to find out who is talking about which formulation could be a long-winded pursuit. Perhaps it is the best to try it to discover whether you love it, hate it or are indifferent.

My own experience over the years shows me that I definitely prefer newer formulations of Chanel 5 because I have a big difficulty with civet and modernised versions are definitely cleaner – although for some of us, also lacking character. Today, I perceive Chanel No. 5 as a very very attractive aldehydic fragrance that is somewhere between aldehydes with more of a vintage feel – my dear Farouche- and those with a cleaner vibe – my beloved Rive Gauche. Somewhere between these two, Chanel No.5 manages to handle both formal situations and casual jeans and a white shirt extremely well. On my skin aldehydes create a clean, radiant vibe which is not sharp at all. Together with a softspoken rose, Chanel No. 5 becomes both very comfortable and elegant, with some very expensive floral soap feeling somewhere. It is not as golden or luxurious as Amouage Gold or Caleche and neither is it as white as Rive Gauche. If it were a colour, I think it would be bronze with rosy undertones. I can see how it may become a skin scent for some while it is worn like jewellery by others.

It is soft with low sillage on my skin - I use No.5 cautiously- but has good lasting power.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Annalouise91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just love this scent. It's a timeless classic. I will repurchase this over & over. You have to be careful not to spray too much, one or two sprays is all you need or it is way to strong. It's expensive but hay it's Chanel ;)