December 22, 2014 | 1057 users online

Scrubs - Beyond Belief - Alpha Beta Hydroxy Deep Pore Scrub

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2008 7:17:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ran to sallys after all the amazing reviews on this product. Well, I have to say that although its not the worst scrub out there, its definately not the best scrub out there. I think the smell is overwhelming, a lot like black licorice and the exfoliating beads are really small and fine compared to other scrubs. It also says on the packaging in the directions, that its gentle enough to use daily. Its just too gentle for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 6:28:00 AM More reviews by JLPellegrino

After reading the great reviews on this product, I thought I would give it a try. It is perfect. It gives my face a rosey glow and it smells great as well. I have been using it for about 4 days and I actually went back to Sally Beauty Supply to buy the entire line of Beyond Belief ABH products. This stuff is great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2008 4:00:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I bought the pore refining scrub after reading reviews on here and I LOVE IT!! I have used St. Ives for years but now I am a complete convert...this stuff has a really nice texture and I really feel that its exfoliating. This also helped get rid of the dreaded flakies that I battle constantly. I got it for $5.99 at Sally's...I can't believe this has been right under my nose all this time...THANKS MUA reviewers!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 10:14:00 AM More reviews by thebigtrout

Wow, this is a once in a lifetime type of product!! I read these reviews and went and bought this and it is fabulous. It removes dead skin like nothing else. I put it on my skin when it is very slightly moist and I gently massage it into my skin for about 2 minutes. When you rinse your face looks pink and healthy and feels extremely soft. I use this about 5 - 7 times a week and it isn't too harsh as long as you scrub gently. It's just amazing and it only cost $5 (on sale) at Sally Beauty. It's comparable to a microdermabrasion, but much less of hassle, much cheaper and not as irritating to the skin. It's totally worth a try. Such a bargain!! Don't be afraid to take a cloth and gently massage this into the skin if you have some dead skin that you can see almost peeled off. This is also very effective.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2008 8:38:00 PM More reviews by amarock

An excellent scrub that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Prior to this, I bought the Mary Kay microdermabrasion kit, which I found to be far too harsh for my skin (it felt like I was rubbing shards of glass onto my skin) and left my face red and raw. I have also tried the Avon Anew Clinical Micro-Exfoliant, which was very similar to the Mary Kay scrub, and was too harsh as well. The Beyond Belief ABH has very small, even sized granules with no sharp edges for manual exfoliation, and I can feel the ABH going to work on a chemical level too. There is a light anise scent to the cream, which I don't find distracting or unpleasant - I actually find it quite soothing. I have combo skin that tends to get dull and flaky patches around my nose and cheeks - this scrub really helps to eliminate that. To use this, I wash my face first and apply a quarter-sized dollop to my still damp face, rub lightly in circular motions for 2 mins, then leave the scrub on like a masque for another 2 mins, then I rinse it all off and apply moisturiser. I have been using this product once a week or more frequently and have found that my skin is softer and more radiant overall. The tube I bought at Sally Beauty Supply in Canada for $7.59 CAD (with the Sally discount card) has lasted me for at least 6 months. I will repurchase once I run out.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover16

This scrub leaves my face feeling smooth and clean with out over drying. It has no offense smell and works for a lot of people I know with varying skin types. You only need ot use a little at a time so it lasts a while and is really cheap. Overall it's one of my favourite scrubs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Ello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just started using a scrub on a regular basis on my skin. I have terrible, uneven, acne -prone skin that never seems to be healthy looking. I started using the whole Beyond Belief Line because I am tired of wasting my money on more expensive "Hype" products that really do nothing but smell pretty. I have been using the Beyond Belief repair serum and I have seen decent results with it. Decent for a product, but AMAZING results for the price. I've paid 3 times as much for products that don't do half of what this stuff does. The Beyond Belief Deep Pore Scrub has one of the best consistancies of ANY scrub I have ever tired. It doesn't rip your face apart like some drug store scrubs (ahem...St. Ives i'm pointing my finger at you) and then it isn't so light that it really does nothing for your skin (Wexler!) It gets all the dead skin off my face, without leaving it feeling dry, itchy, or raw. Plus, I love the clean anise scent! I follow the scrub with the Beyond Belief repair serum, and Beyond Belief AHA moisturizer. Hopefully I've found the right combination, so far it's worked well and I am very satisfied!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2007 10:52:00 AM More reviews by when_in_hell

Over the years, in my quest for HG products near and far, an impressive exfoliating scrub has always eluded me. Microbeads are always too large or suspended in way too much filler cream, or aren't round and can scar the skin (I'm looking at you, St. Ives). The best I could find were pre-shave scrubs made for men. Not anymore! This stuff is spectacular. It comes out of the tube looking like a cream, but once applied to the skin you realize it's all really finely milled exfoliators that are formidable enough to make me feel like I'm actually SCRUBBING something, but gentle enough not to sting or damage my skin. After washing, my skin feels SO soft and radiant. Will deffinately be going back to Sally's to stock up with the $5 off 3 products coupon!

8/31/12 - Sadly, it appears Beyond Belief has reformulated this scrub and stuck it in new package. It is now a completely mediocre to bad face scrub. I wish I had known before I purchased 2 bottles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Baptista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing, easily the best scrub I've ever come across, but they were out of it the last time I was at Sallys . . . so sad. I really like the texture; super super fine grained but lots of little grainy bits -- not a lot of creamy stuff like many other scrubs. This will leave your face feeling incredibly, unbelievably smooth. It does have a bunch of extracts in it, but they don't bother me at all. This is sort of similar to the ds microderm creams, but much cheaper and imo nicer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2007 7:13:00 PM More reviews by twinmommy44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Go to Sally's and try this if you like facial scrubs. This is wonderful stuff. I have combination skin with occassional hormonal breakouts. I am prone to clogged pores if I don't cleanse well and use a scrub twice a week. This does not irritate my skin and leaves it soft as a babies butt. The combo of AHA and gentle exfoliators just dissolve dead skin cells like magic and leave your skin feeling so refreshed. It is even better than St. Ives Apricot. I have tried a lot of scrubs (Olay, Lancome, Cinique, Lush, etc) with the most expensive being Estee Lauder's Thermal Polisher. I really got hooked on that stuff for almost two years. Now I have a more economical alternative. although it doesn't heat up. I think my search for the perfect facial scrub (polisher) is over.