April 21, 2014 | 1199 users online

Hair - The Body Shop - Grape seed glossing serum

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by akirana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it!
I have long and dry hair. And we have very cold winter. So this is a must have product for me in order to have any hope at all surviving the long and cold winter...
Otherwise my hair tend to split, break etc.
The serum leaves my hair soft, silky and easy to handle.
Would buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by pinksharpie

I was looking for a serum for my hair, as it usually felt very coarse, and I wanted hair that was silky and smooth to the touch. I bought this serum because of the good reviews and it has not disappointed me! This serum definitely made my hair very touchable, beautifully soft and silky-- even the boyfriend has commented on it ;) It's very light. I usually take one or two pump, rub it into my hands before combing it lightly into towel-dried hair with my fingers. A little goes a long way!

The only downside is that this serum does not protect against heat, so you have to use another product for that. (e.g. more gunk in your hait! boo!) :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 9:26:00 AM More reviews by kaiaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this stuff! Makes my hair so shiny and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by LemonSherbet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this! My hair is not that thick but it can get mega frizzy which is something I have always hated! I also straighten it regularly which leaves me with horrible split ends. One and a half pumps of this stuff and my hair is transformed! I concentrate mainly at the ends, but scrunch it all through my hair leaving it soft and healthy looking. The shine it produces is amazing! The bottle lasts for a long time and at 7 it doesnt break the bank! Very happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by nikolala

I bought this product after the reading the great reviews on MA. I have thin, straight hair with brittle/split ends. My hair is always getting tangled and knotted especially after washing which makes brushing it a pain. I find the product not very expensive, i also bought it during a special deal at the body shop so it only cost me 75 cents. I will be purchasing it again. the smell is pleasant and it left my hair smooth, soft and detangled. For fine hair such as mine I have to be careful with adding gloss because it may become oily. This product leaves me hair looking healthy and shiny without all the oil. love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been wanting a hair serum that makes my hair look glossy for the longest time. Due to The Body Shop's current holiday promotions, I decided to pick this up. I towel dried my hair and then squeezed about 3-4 pumps into my palm, rubbed them together and basically patted the serum all over my hair, concentrating on the ends, but I patted my hands on the upper parts of my hair too to give it a little bit of the serum. Then, I blow-dried my hair. Absolutely fantastically shiny, soft, and touchably silky hair. My hair hasn't been this glossy in ages (I have naturally black hair, so the gloss is REALLY important to give us that lovely sheen) and I just love the way it makes my hair look and feel! The serum itself is not sticky and is a bit on the thick side. It feels a little bit like a runny hair wax, but aside from that -- it's really good stuff. I will definitely be repurchasing...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Anne3

This product is an excellent blend of silicones to add shine, and natural oils, like jojoba, to add conditioning. I use one pump on my ear-length thick brunette bob to add some extra shine and protection from the elements. As other reviewers mentioned, using too much leads to greasiness, thanks to the oils in the ingredients. Overall, I think the natural ingredients in this serum make it stand out compared to the competition, which is usually just a silicone formula without any extras.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by ohsolovely24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair is REALLY thin and straight and this has the tendency to make it look greasy. So I need to really watch how much I put on my hair to avoid that. I don't know if this improves my hair condition, but it's good as a quick fix for my dry ends. A little goes a long way for me since my hair is medium-length and I only apply once a day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by cepauloar

I have mixed feelings about this product. I really thought I was going to love it but I think I'm a little biased due to my experience with the shampoos and conditioner from TBS. I do like the product and it does work but I agree with a reviewer about the difficulty to spread this product evenly. And it does look a little greasy too. The thing is that I need a serum that gives me more protection against heat. I don't have frizz issues and my hair is usually healthy, soft and shiny. My only problem is that my hair is too long (down to my waist) and thin so I need a little more from a serum. It's a good product but I don't think it's right for me (I love the smell btw).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The best hair serum EVER! Just 2 pumps after getting out of the shower (before styling) are enough to make my hair look healthy and gorgeously shiny! $10 well spent since a bottle lasts me a long time. I'm keeping this a secret outside MUA. lol