Nail Magic

n-Butyl Alcohol, Butyl Acetate, Amyl Acetate, Butoxyethanol, Ethyl 3 Ethoxypropinate, Nitrocellulose, Water (Aqua), Methylene Glycol, Gelatin, Red 33 (CI 17200)

on 2/25/2012 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I been using this product for two weeks now & I haven't seen growth yet & my nails still peel & flake but its also because my old nails are growing out. So I cannot at the moment say if it works or not, when it comes to nail growth. However, I hope I can help people who are experiencing burning sensation.

This lacquer was made only for nails which is made up of dead cells. However, once this product touches the skin, it'll burn the living cells. When you paint your nails, always some of the lacquer will touch the skin around your nails and cuticles, thus giving you the burning sensation. Also, there will be the a percentage of the population that will be naturally allergic to some ingredients so if you find yourself to be one of those people, stop use immediately.

So now my suggestion that I used as I too have sensitive skin: put tape around your nails. I just used regular clear tape, cut strips with scissors & covered my cuticle, sides of my nails & the skin under the tip. Make sure the tape is adhering to your skin so there's not any space for the solution to get into. Then shake the bottle for 30 seconds to completely mix the polish. Then put a thin coat onto your nails. After 10 minutes, you can either put another coat of nail magic (wait another 10 minutes to dry then take of tape) or you can remove the tape and put on a top coat & then nail polish
I hope this helps anybody else out there! I will update if my nails have grown so then I can review on how this will help with growth.

IF YOU WANT TO SEE MY RESULTS YOUTUBE: LACHILENA09 AND SEE MY NAIL MAGIC RESULTS VIDEO

UPDATE: 7-6-14
So it has been years since I used this product and it did grow my nails out but they all had splits at the quick and all broke so I was back at square one. However, throughout the years I've been using everything out there dang near and nothing gave me results like Nail Magic did. I also believe it was my own fault cuz I changed it twice a week for the whole bottle drying my nails out with the Polish remover (non acetone but still drying) so I'm back on it. Still too soon it's again like been 2 weeks to tell and I'm using it only once a week. I take it off, allow at least a day of just putting on nail oil multiple times a day (once it gets absorb I reapply) and so far there's some growth again! I'll definitely update if this finally works since I dried them out too much last time. I have peeling, brittle nails so if you have this too I'll let ya'll know if it helped me out.

on 2/16/2012 10:56:00 AM

After reading many reviews, I decided to try this product. I have been using for a week, after taking off my acyrlic nails myself and so far I am happy. My nails have always been week and break easily. I have NOT experienced the burning sensation or peeling that others have talked about. I apply 2 coats and then seal it with a top coat for extra protection. Another way I also have learned to keep your nails strong, is to moisturize your hands and cuticles . I apply lotion every half hour or immediately after washing my hands. I have high hopes and I am going to give it a couple of months to show me its stuff!

on 2/9/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMG, seriously, ive been sat with my fingers in COLD WATER, SO PAINFUL. never ever ever again, i dont care if had could have long nails, acrylics dont give me EXTREME PAIN! dont bother, my step mum recommened it to me, i find it bizare that some other girls deal with this pain just for longer nails, even taking pills to deal with the pain. INSTANT PAIN. BURNING ACHING HORRIBLE! im a beauty addict, but i draw the line here.

on 1/26/2012 3:56:00 PM

After trying many products claiming to end splitting and peeling, this is the first product that actually works. My middle fingernails split - I have no idea why these two nails, but they do! This product, after using for only a few days (coat in AM, coat in PM), resolved all of my weak nail issues. I now use it as my base coat, so there is always a coat of it on my nails for support. I repurchase this at Sally's over and over again. Great product.

on 1/23/2012 7:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I purchased Nail Magic after a friend recommended it to me. I have an issue with biting my nails and even if I do let them grow on their own, they are weak, brittle and will break thanks to years of acrylics and gel nails. I purchased this from Sally's and had to get the version with horsetail, as the original Nail Magic was not in stock, so this review is for the horsetail version, which seems to be mostly identical to the original version. I use this as a nail treatment, I apply a fresh coat, apply 2-3 a week for 2 weeks, then remove it and start over with a fresh coat, just as the directions state. Last week, I also used this as a base coat under a manicure and it worked perfectly. Since I have been using this, my nails have gotten longer and stronger. They also look healthy too. As far as the burning effect that some people have with the original version, I only notice that slightly with the horsetail Nail Magic. My nails feel tight for a day after applying, much like they would after getting a set of gel nails, but nothing that is unbearable or painful. Iím very pleased with my purchase and will continue to repurchase this as long as itís available.

on 12/29/2011 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

In reading the previous reviews I'm quite surprised to hear about the burning, I have had absolutely no pain of any kind from using this base. I have found the effectiveness to be so-so, as I have 2 nails in particular that keep wanting to peel. I've been using this for about 2 months now, 2 coats under every mani whether I top it with lacquer or just give it a shiny top coat. I am about half way through the bottle and I'm still undecided whether I will repurchase this or try one of he Orly base coats next. So while I've not experienced any pain using this I would suggest if you often find yourself sensiitive to chemicals you may want to proceed cautiously.

on 12/28/2011 4:47:00 AM

I could not live without this product. I had horrible, weak, and thin nails that would constantly break but after using this product breakage is basically non-existent. My nails are long and thick. Its a little expensive but its worth it for the price. Its great for as a base coat and as a top coat. Makes nail polish lasts a lot longer than without it. Sometimes it does create a burning sensation but I think you need to shake it up a bit to get the ingredients mixed together and it should be fine. But the good outweigh the bad so its definitely worth it.

on 12/4/2011 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this at Sally's about a month and a half ago. I was growing out my nails after about a decade of acrylics and two years of trying to grow them out. A diet change after an illness made my nails grow like wildfire but they were still weak, thin and peeling. I tried many hardeners with no luck. The girls at Sally's told me about it after I'd tried an Essie hardener that worked for maybe a week and then failed. I finally gave in and bought it two weeks later because I was helping to move a friend and broke half my nails. I ended up having to cut them all way short and figured it would be a great time to test the Nail Magic out and start growing my nails again while using the product. The girls at Sally's told me that a lot of nurses and restaurant workers purchase it from our store because they're constantly putting hands in water. That's also me, even though I work in auto parts.

6 weeks later and I am a believer. My bottle has lasted me this long even though I'm constantly changing my nail polish. I use 1-2 coats as a basecoat (depending on how much of a hurry I'm in) and then on the rare occasions I leave my nails bare, I'll just apply two coats. I've noticed a BIG difference in my nails. I've only had one instance of breakage and even then, it wasn't horrible. I file my nails square and the corner broke off, it's not even really noticeable. My nails though are AMAZING. Even and strong. I get so many compliments on them, people asking me where I get them done at.

A lot of reviews are talking about pain. I have only had one small instance with that with this product and it was probably my own fault, so I didn't take any lippies away. I had a cut near my cuticle on my pinky and I noticed that after doing a manicure that night, for the next couple days, my pinky felt like it had been slammed in a drawer, but ONLY if I pressed my finger on something. It went away on it's own, without me having to remove the Nail Magic, so I'm thinking that if you have rough cuticles or weak nails, that's the cause of all the pain that the below commenters are experiencing.

For all the amazing results I've had with this product, I really put it to the test yesterday. I changed the brakes and rotors on my car, and I was definitely slamming my hands and nails into things, a few times hard enough that I checked my nails... came home to shower and took inventory of my nails expecting a bunch of cracked and broken nails... NOT ONE.

IMO, it's worth checking out. I did despite all the bad reviews on here and I'm glad that I did. It's my HG hardener now!!

on 11/17/2011 1:58:00 PM

I am shocked products that can do this much harm are on the market. I get that Nail Magic has worked for some, but something that hurts even a few people, and obviously this is the case here, should at least have to disclose that the product could cause mild to extreme pain.

I started experiencing severe pain in one of my fingers out of the blue, but assumed it was the change in weather. If you've ever had frostbite, or something close to it, that's what it felt like. But once inside and warmed up, my finger continued to hurt so I had to rule that out. Then there was extreme sensitivity to warm water when I went to do dishes. Odd, I thought. Finally, I woke up in the middle of the night from severe pain in all of my fingertips. I don't have sensitive skin, and it felt like they had been slammed in a drawer.

I truly was stumped. If it wasn't the weather, and I hadn't been practicing 'walking on my hands', what was causing the pain?

I avoid doctors until I've exhausted all possible options, but I was getting ready to make an appointment when it occurred to me it had to be the Nail Magic. That's the only thing that affected all of my fingers. This was like a chemical burn, and from having used the product just three days and only once a day (versus the twice a day recommended). My suspicion was confirmed when I read similar posts about the product (thank goodness for the internet!).

It's been several days since i removed Nail Magic and my fingertips still hurt.

To be sure, we all get to decide what products to use on and in our bodies. But you've got wonder why consumer products are not subject to the same scrutiny as prescription drugs which have to disclose possible side effects. At least we'd have knowledge of the risks. You also have to wonder if exposing yourself to a product that contains a known carcinogen (formaldehyde) and that has caused harm to others, is worth beautiful nails, especially when there are other (non-harming) nail treatments out there.

We have no control over the air we breathe or other environmental risks, but we do have control and choice about the products we use in and on our bodies.

on 11/14/2011 6:47:00 PM

Unlike other posters, I have not had one problem with hurting or burning. not even the first time I used it. It's completely clear. So far, it's been 3 weeks and I'm loving this. My nails peel ALOT and that causes them to rip or tear. I've been putting this on twice a week and my nails finally stopped peeling. The best part is that it doens't stain your nails :) Love this part!!!! I haven't tried it yet as a basecoat under color yet. What I've been doing is layering one coat of Orly Nailtrition over it to give a slightly pink sheen. The Orly didn't work for me so I didn't want to waste the rest of the bottle, this combo is working well for an almost french natural look.

Popular Treatments