July 25, 2014 | 1784 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Pure Poison

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this and I could kick myself for never giving it the attention it deserves. What a gorgeous, gorgeous scent. I can't wait to try Midnight Poison. I wish I had enough money to buy the whole collection.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

I was given a decant of this and I have to say it is one of the best floral perfumes around. Fresh, clean, and yet rich and almost juicy smelling while still being sophisticated. It is too clean and too floral for me but I will definitely use up the rest of my decant in warmer weather. The only downside is that it has very little staying power on my skin.
If you like bright almost sparkling florals that have a sophisticated feeling on the drydown, try this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by steenbaby7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to hate this perfume. I knew a girl in college who wore this and would spray like 6 times on herself in 85 degree weather and I thought it was way too strong. But recently, I smelled it in Sephora and loved it! It's strong but not too strong. All you need is like 1-2 sprays. The only reason I didn't buy it was because of the price. It's like 60 dollars for a little bottle!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used to like it about 10 years ago. Then started having head aches everytime I wore it. It is very strong and heavy perfume. I got it as a present once but gave it away - my grandma liked it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pure Poison is a very posh scent...it opens up with the blast of succulent bergamot and very zingy, yellow jasmine non like the jasmins I use to know in a perfume...until now...
the first stage is bright,clear flowers with a sweet vanilla note, and some orange blossoms...and it is beautiful...faraway in a distant drydown you can relate it to the first Poison (considering they have a simmilar base), but this one is quieter and more of a daytime fragrance..PP is very sexy, almost unbereable sexy scent..it stays close to the skin yet it has a power to reveal your inner girl,that freeminded,happy, careless person that you sometimes forget you relly are...
it is white,like a white lace underwear,soft,ambery and flowery...I enjoy it every time I put it on. it makes me feel very clean, sexy and I get loads of compliments each end every time!!

but there's much more to this fragrance than just flowers...it develops versatilely on different skin types, so the best way to test it would be to put it on your skin...if you feel comfortable wearing a great mixture of white flowers, some gardenia, jasmin and sandal-great..
if you find it to annoying and to sparkly(meaning loud and loaded with flowers),you will probably never love it...this is a perfume to fall in love with, or to ignore it...there's no middle..

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Nuni2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this smell (fresh, sweet, and clean) but I wouldn't buy it full price. There are much cheaper fragrances that pretty much do the same thing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by becky39

Well this one is not a keeper, too floral for my taste, it IS pretty but not for me, i'll stick with my favorite Dior, Hypnotic Poison.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by MissChanel24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the most beautiful combination of luxurious flowers and mysteriousness in one perfume. The bottle is most beautiful bottle i own in my perfume collection. I love this perfume, its very romantic. This is one of the staples in my perfume collection and will remain alongside my coco mademoiselle and chanel no 5

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by olyaspb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I always repurchase it:) It's a wonderful feminine scent, stays on clothes and hair, you just need a tiny amount:) My favourite among the Poisons perfumes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by kitchensink01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a strong floral fragrance. It's very complex and sensuous fragrance. A strong blast of orange blossom marks the start. The drydown is like a jasmine bomb. I find it fabulous as a signature scent for winter because it smells warm. Lasts all day and longer. 2 sprays are enough and I can still smell it the next day on my clothes. I love it that I don't need to touch up and the fragrance is still beautiful.
Update (Aug 2012): I've had the same bottle since 2007 and lately I've noticed a stale note has started to appear. I believe the fragrance has started to go stale despite keeping out of sunlight in a drawer. In light of this, I will only buy a small bottle of this or store in a fridge since I tend to rotate between fragrances. If you live in the tropics or desert, beware as it will go stale within a couple of years. Above all, buy fresh stock by checking the batch code on the box.