February 1, 2015 | 1884 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Julieschwartz

I love the UDPP. I've used this primer for 5 years now and never had any complaints other than after about a year the primer gets very dry and you have to repurchase it again.... I also only like the original primer potion because the shimmer ones tend to not let pigmented eye shadow stay on as well as the original. This product is definitely very reliable and worth the money for what you get!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by SpicyRedd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Urban Decay Primer Potion. I've been using it for years, and using it on my clients.
A little bit goes a long way, so if you put too much, your eye shadow will crease, and if you don't put enough, it can crease as well. I like to put a dab on my finger and smooth it on my very oily eye lids (I wipe my eye lids with toner before applying), so it feels like i have a light sheet of it on. I use it just about everyday and i would still buy more.. even though it is VERY expensive.
You can cut a lot of corners with makeup, but I will always pay top dollar for my eye primer, so that my cheaper eye shadows last ALL DAY. YAAY! It works GREAT!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Kthrnrsll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried a lot of different eye primers, but this one is the best so far. I usually have oily lids and i do have combination/sensitive skin and this works for me. I always use a lot of eye liner and it tends to smudge all over the place. But whenever i use this product, it never fails me, unless i rub my eyes accidentally of course :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by makeup04

I love it. A lot of beauty people recommend it to other people. I will say it does cost a lot of money. But just think it would be or will be worth it wen you get it and try it. But I know I said I love this product. But I would not go out and buy it right away if I ran out. But I would if i had the money. So yes/no

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by babyfairy

Love this primer, it keeps my eye makeup staying in place all night.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by kaaayxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this stuff, I think I am going to go back to it after I run out of all of my current eye primers. I wore this for a night club outing one time (atmosphere is hot, sweaty, etc.) I went to bed that night and woke up the next morning with my makeup still intact on my eyes. I couldn't believe it, lol. I was also really glad when they re-vamped the packaging as the old bottle with the sponge brush made it impossible to get any of the left over product out.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Lizc0002

I am not impressed my eye shadow does not last any longer when I use this product. I will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by rhode

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've yet to find anything better.

I've tried BE's primer, NARS's primer, Two Face Shadow Insurance and MAC Paint Pots. So far UDPP beats them all. Makes my shadows laster longer and look better. Has a good texture and is easy to work with. Doesn't muck up the e/s texture (at least not moreso than any others I've tried).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by daisyismydog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dehydrated-dry double-eyelids that are extremely prone to flaking. I haven't ever experienced creasing, and my main concern with an eye primer is that it helps eyeshadows achieve their maximum potential (vibrant color, prominent shimmer or glitter) and prevents fading.

I find UDPP is a bit too thin to hold onto glitter and I need an additional base for more than a few glitter particles to show up. It does okay with making the colors vibrant and prevents fading so I would consider this an average option for me. It is easier to work with than ELF's cheapest eyelid primer (which goes on thinner and needs more time to become tacky) but I find it on par performance-wise for me.

Overall, this isn't a bad eye primer and it's a reasonably priced mid-range option, but I would look into others first.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

1 bottle lasts me a very long time, I wear eye-shadow almost everyday. A little goes along way.

It used to be my go to primer, but I don't know if somehow formula changed it isn't so great anymore. I preferred my first bought in hard bottle. The soft Tube which is supposed to also be Original isn't the same. The old kept my eye-shadow looking pristine despite hours of snorkeling in Hawaii. The soft tube one barely last a few hours w/o creasing, but it's not terrible, just ok.

I will not repurchase and have moved on to the MAC Long Wear Painterly Paint pot which also doubles as a base color, and last all day and a party night long.