Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/7/2015 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

great product
amazing quality, a little bit pricy but it does worth it
like it so much my eye shadows stays all day long, color shows so well and no creasing
definitely would repurchase

on 7/5/2015 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This is perfect. I do wish it had some more stick to it but my eyelids are crazy oily and this keeps my eyes from creasing. A little goes a long way and there's quite a bit in the tube. It's easy to get out and its just great product in general the only thing that bugs me is that its hard to keep the opening clean and i feel like doe foot grabs too much product and its kind of a waste but other thank that. I love it!.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got some as a sample from Sephora. So glad I didn't spend the $20 to buy it. I don't get why everyone raves about this. It's literally the worst eye primer I've used, and that includes several drugstore primers. It does help your shadow not crease but it doesn't do much as far as making the shadows brighter in my opinion. And the worst part was after about an hour my lids felt really oily and I thought for sure it had creased but it didn't. But I was really tempted to just wipe it all off because it felt so gross. I ended up trying to blot it with an oil sheet but it still felt disgusting. I used up the sample, trying it with different shadows, trying to give it a chance but I had the same feeling every time. I will never buy primer from UD.

on 6/27/2015 12:39:00 PM

Did not care for this product. I found it made blending my eye make up difficult and tended to flake off. Yes, I was only using small amount of product and I let it dry for about 5 minutes prior to applying eye shadow.

on 6/27/2015 2:56:00 AM

I am a make up artist and yes, this primer works. Your eye shadows wont crease for 24 hours. However i found it is only for going out events as it is pretty chemical in ingredients. One more-put a tiny bit only. It will last you long time. For daily use i found a good primer for Yves Rocher and it costs only 7$. The same in quality just 4 times cheaper. This is for daily use as it contains bee wax. Will hold eye shadows for 12 hours:) hope it helps someone.

love this product but it is very expensive here.
$ 35 for a tube. But it is worth it!!

I am currently using the milani one very similar but i have to say, I like the UD more!

The price is a bit stiff, but you get a lot of product for what you're paying! Also, its super easy not to squeese out more than you need.
Some people experience that it almost stop working and suddenly is hard to blend over. I am, sadly, one of them... If it had worked as well as when I got it, it would be my HG eyeshadow primer. Though, I'm pretty sure thats rare. So go for it! The coloured shadows I put on top of it was vibrant for hours and hours, and I even slept with my eyeshadow once (yeah, you reeeaaally shouldnt do that) and woke up with eyeliner and mascara all over my face - but frikkin' perfect eyeshadow! So this works, no doubt about it :)

on 6/21/2015 10:11:00 AM

Does what it says on the tin. Makes shadows last all day.

If I'm having a natural look day, I'll use this and the powder of the top and it stops the powder creasing and stops my lids looking blue.

Not really much to say!

on 6/21/2015 7:09:00 AM

Whenever I read someone's review saying HG HG! I think ooooh gotta have it. So I went out and bought some of this primer.

Sads.

It's expensive and it really doesn't appear to do much. I have the "original" flavour.

The packaging is cute. It has a tiny nozzle and you have to apply a fair bit of pressure to the tube to get a small squirt out. This is good as I don't think you're suppose to use too much of the stuff (at least that's been my experience with most eyeshadow primers) - maybe I need to slather it on to get any decent effect?

I have tried this many times before writing my "this is crap" review for this product. I get eyeshadow crease with this product after only an hour or so using both Urban Decay and other branded eyeshadows. I have tried applying this primer by itself onto clean eyelids, over foundation, over BB cream, over powder and have used powder to try and set it all. Still get creases.

Not sure what else I can add to this except I won't be buying any more of it.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

it's an amazing primer but I think I like the smashbox 24 hr one a tad better. Worked well with my oily lids and stays on

Video Reviews & Tutorials