October 21, 2014 | 878 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by aberg1991

I want to make it clear that I am not someone who ONLY has prestige, expensive items in my makeup bin. I am a firm believer that there are a lot of quality products out there, and not all of them are expensive. I use plenty of drug store items. You don't need to fork out money on every single category of makeup to have an excellent makeup routine that lasts and to remain satisfied with how it all looks. So I've tried a lot of products out there, and this is by far my favorite eye primer so I don't have a problem coughing up the cash for it. For me, it's worth it. been using the Primer Potion for about six months now, so I've used it in a lot of different situations. Let me tell you, this stuff is like glue. I put on my eye shadow in the morning, and it's still perfect by the time I take it all off that night. When I use it for heavier eye shadow when I go out or for a special occasion, my makeup still looks great after lots of dancing and hot, stuffy bars. I got a free mini bottle when I purchased the original Naked palette which is how I started using it, and I just purchased a big bottle of it last weekend when I ran out of the mini. Yes, this stuff is spendy, but it's so worth it and it lasts a super long time. The mini bottle lasted me six months! I am not, however, someone who uses it every single day though. So it may last someone who wears a lot of eye shadow less than it lasted me. It also is a rarity for me to make it aallllll the way through an entire product. I usually get bored or end up not liking it and throw it away before it's all gone...well I used this one all up! That's now I know that I really love it. I would recommend this to anyone who is having a hard time finding a primer that works or if their current product is causing creasing. I think it's worth it to at least try this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by s24kim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a female with monolids, this is my holy grail! My eye makeup lasts all day without giving me the raccoon eyes. I've never used eye primer and had my doubts, but for women with monolids, this product is a must!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by CPMUSTANG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried all the Urban Decay primers and the original formula is the best. I experience creasing and this product has made that a thing of the past. Helps my eyeliner stay in place all day ling. Love, love, love.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This has won my favorite eye primer. It doesn't run or leave those streaks like a lot of them do and shadows don't budge.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Englishvik

fantastic product!! makes all eyeshadows look so pigmented and last all day, doesn't crease and applies easily :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by Karen248

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It was touted as the best eye shadow primer but it does not quite work on me.
When applied, areas on the eye lid area seems to hold the color well. However, the shadow on the cornor of my eyes and the shadow applied on the lashline fade off very quickly, and it leaves a line with almost no color between it!. Maybe my eyelid tend to be oily, and i am still searching for fhe perfect eye shadow primer, or maybe i did not apply it correctly?

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Annabellagrant

I am lukewarm about this primer and I'll tell you why. I will admit that it works for many people and I can see a difference between no primer and this primer but it isn't one worth 20+$. It doesn't work as well as the NYC HD at 7$ or the NARS one for 25. And the packaging is terrible. I have the old packaging in the original and the new packaging in Sin. While I love doe's foot applicators for primer I have heard of many people's bottle breaking at the bottom causing the primer to leak out. Then the new packaging has no applicator at all which makes it get wasted! As soon as all of the sample sizes and full sizes of this are gone from my eyeshadow and extra draw I'll be relieved.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by kmb96

Great primer! A little goes a long way, it is smooth and lasts long! Eyeshadow is easy to blend over this primer and it brings out the pigment in the eyeshadow. I use this along with Urban Decay's setting spray for all day, smudgeproof, weatherproof eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by charlottehi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first eyeshadow primer that I have ever bought and tried, and I chose it because of the good ratings and reviews. I'm really happy that I did! I would say that my eyelids are quite "normal", they are neither oily nor dry. But without a primer, eyeshadows doesn't take long before they start creasing. I can never really go more than two to three hours before eyeshadows start creasing on me. With this primer it is completely different. All eyeshadows that I use - ranging from brands like Rimmel to Urban Decay - stay put all day. You also need very little of this, which makes the tube last a long time. This justifies the price in my opinion. I never wear eyeshadows without this primer anymore, and I don't feel like I need to try out other primers for now, as this works great for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 5:00:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBySantaAna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The original formula is my favorite from all the other series. It applies translucent and doesn't dry out my lids. I wear this with my UD eye shadow and it stays on for hours. Amazing product & a must!

-I used this product on my makeup tutorial here.
Check out my channel and subscribe: