MAC #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

4.5

HAIRZ

I tried applying my foundation with this and could never really get it right, I ended up settling nicely with the Sigma F80-82. However, I use this to apply when I use powders (aka the typical Mac Studio Fix) and it does a great job. I'm happy with it.

I have been using this brush for a while now and it works like a miracle! At first I was a bit skeptical about applying foundation/tinted moisturizer with a brush. But after some trial and error, this brush works fabulously to give the amount of coverage you want! Simply cannot do without it if I want an even coverage from my liquid foundation/tinted moisturizer. And you save so much on the product as well as goes a long way as compared to normal sponge which absorbs more. Without a doubt, will repurchase. The first brush lasted me a good 4 years.

This brush is every thing I hoped for and more! Applies my liquid foundation (Studio sculpt) or tinted moisturiser if I want a little bit less coverage, both with a flawless finish. I had been looking for a brush for so long that didn't leave my makeup looking blotchy and uneven on my already uneven skin tone and I've definitely found it!!

I have been wanting to buy this brush for awhile. I bought the mac pro long wear foundaton at the same time. I quite like it distributes the foundation in pixelated spots. I was surprised at how light it actualy is. The price is quite high but I decided to go for it because I was going to be using it as my daily foundation price. I really don't regret the purchase. I was freaking out expecting shedding but I haven't seen any yet. Then again I have only used it about 2 times.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I personally like this brush. I have never really used any other stippling brushes so my review is not based on a comparison. I use this to apply my tinted moisturizer / BB cream, liquid/ powder/ cream foundation, and to blend concealer/ blush/ highlighter/ bronzer. It def gives the smooth finish despite many flaws of mine;) No flawless but happy enough!

Only one complaint would be, like many others have noted, SHEDDING… especially right after I wash the brush (for a good 2 days to a week). It is kind of embarrassing to have short thick black fibers all over my face..

I believe I was lucky enough to find this brush at an outlet (the CCS) years ago, so it was cheaper.

This is an ok stippling brush. I mainly use it to apply a finishing powder since it's the softest brush I own. It is good for foundation application, though I feel I get a more flawless look using a sponge. I do like it, but it's too expensive for what it does.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Ok....my previous review was for using the 187 brush with my MUFE matte velvet foundation which is a liquid. I recently switched back to Bare Minerals matte and tried this brush. It's still sheds but its minor the more I use it. This brush works PERFECT with my mineral foundation, hence it is a mineral foundation brush. It stipples and buffs it in wonderfully. I stick with my previous review for this brush when using liquid foundation, but with mineral foundation it's a dream!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

After using what I thought was a decent blush brush (MAC 129) and what I heard was the best bronzer brush (NARS) this blows both away, while doing those two jobs with one tool. Both those brushes seem crude in comparison -

the 187 it like painting watercolour on your face, I can't think of a better way to describe - it distributes powder products beautifully. It blends with ease and colours seem to melt in and become part of your skin, as opposed to sitting on top of your skin. I also appreciate it's versatility. My only gripe is the price: $50 CND plus tax, which is alot of money. I wish I bought this brush in the first place though, which cost less than the other two combined. If I were to start building a brush collection from scratch, this would be the first one I picked up.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

this brush is OK. but honestly I would expect more out of a 40 dollar (USD) MAC brush. the only reason I say that is because I've been using it for over a month now, and cleaning it once a week with Sephora's anti bacterial brush shampoo and it STILL SHEDS.. I use it with Macs face and body foundation which is water based so this is perfect to buff with because it takes a lot of buffing and blending for this foundation to look right.. but I find this brush not the greatest if I don't have time to sit there and buff my face for 10 minutes.. it can leave you looking a bit streaky.. over all, a good brush. but I would be open to purchasing another brand if something were to happen to it..

This product is great but the price is the reason I won't buy again!

It's an amazing brush and it seems to be made for otherwise unwearable blushes and MSF's (MAC's mineralized skin finishes), but honestly, I find myself reaching for my Kohl's Flirt! feather dust-her more often. It's similar to the 187 except a bit smaller and obviously less dense, and it only costs $7, so I feel a little more comfortable using it with my powder foundation. The 187 is a hot brush, but it sheds a lot during washes and it cost me too much to break.

Popular Makeup Brushes