Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), BHT, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 7/27/2013 12:46:00 PM

purchased this at qvc. I wish I kept shipping box so I can return this. I have tried everything to wear this foundation but I'm going to have to throw this out. it enhances my dry spots, fine lines, & pores. I have great skin & this product irritated my skin & it made me look older. I really wanted to love this but just didn't work for me. I'm on my next crusade finding a foundation.

on 7/19/2013 3:46:00 PM

I thought this might be the perfect powder foundation. I really did. I swatched the Fair and the Porcelain in Ulta, and bought the Fair as the Porcelain looked way too pale for my NC10-15 skin. However, the Fair oxidised on me and turned several shades darker to the point where SO was laughing at the dark edge of the powder and my natural skin color beyond. So then I bought the Porcelain which is a far better color but still too pale. This is also strangely metallic on my skin but that could be my application technique. So I am between the two colors which is highly irritating meaning that I have to apply a thin layer of Porcelain first then layer the Fair on top. This technique does actually prevent the powder from oxidizing.

The powder texture is smooth and gives fairly good coverage. So far I have experienced no fading throughout the day (probably because I have that many layers of it on!) and it gives me a radiant-but-not-matte finish. Although it is not supposed to, I find that this does emphasize my fine lines around my eyes and makes me look a little too dry. Again, this could be due to the amount of powder I am layering.

If this came in a shade between the Fair and the Porcelain then I might even consider this a very good powder (although not a very good powder foundation). But as such this is just too much effort to get a product to work for me.

on 6/20/2013 9:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'd been wanting to try this for a while, so when I saw it for cheap on Hautelook I snatched it up. I give it a resounding "meh". Kind of looked muddy until I blended it very well, which was a bit of a pain. Coverage was light to medium, which is fine if you're looking for that sort of thing, but not something I incorporate into my beauty routine very often. The lasting powder was also pretty unimpressive, and I found that my blushes and bronzers that normally wear 8-9 hours wore more like 5-6 over this. It also wiped away at the slightest touch- a half hour before I left work a coworker (and friend) said "What's wrong with your face? You're all splotchy!" It didn't break me out, and the brightening effect was actually pretty, but all around this was a big disappointment.

For reference, my routine with this was: Laura Gellar Spackle, Smashbox CC Cream, Kat Von D tattoo concealer, Laura Gellar Balance n Brighten, Benefit Hoola (contour), TheBalm Frat Boy, NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder, Smashbox Soft Lights (tops of cheekbones), Urban Decay All Nighter

on 6/10/2013 10:50:00 PM

I like this powder but not as my main foundation. For me it is not enough coverage on its on. I use it over the top of my other powder or over a liquid foundation because I like the finish of it. It makes pores appeared smoothed out and doesn't cake up or settle into lines. Just gives a smoothed and soft focus look to my face. The color range isn't very good for that I took off one star. Porcelain is too light and pink and fair is slightly too dark. I am about nc15 to nc20 in mac ( which I don't use but most people are familiar with their colors) .

on 6/6/2013 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have acne prone, combo very fair skin so finding suitable make up can be difficult but omg best product ever! May seem expensive but so worth the results especially if you suffer with spots, scarring or redness. I use it over foundation and it covers amazingly yet isn't cakey like most powder foundations and doesn't feel heavy on the skin or clog pores. The brightening aspect is subtle and lovely, something you don't generally expect with powders.

on 5/4/2013 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I received this product in my Freshly Brewed kit and used it for the first time the other day. I used it by itself with my Benefit Lemon-aid and Boi-ing concealer,and wow! It did take some time to build up the coverage, but it looked great. Fortunately, I have pretty nice skin. No blemishes or discolorations, so I think that could be a reason why this product worked so nicely for me. The more I applied, the fuller my coverage became, and the finishing result was luminous and natural. Also, I have combination skin, and I get pretty oily in my t-zone. I usually need blotting papers or a touch up of powder within four hours of applying my makeup, and when I had this on the other day, I kid you not that nine hours later, my face still looked great. I didn't need any touch ups and my face wasn't an oily mess. Score!

Today, I used this foundation over top of my usual liquid foundation, and the finishing result was awesome. It gave me full coverage without looking cakey, and really evened and "balanced" my skin tone. I love this product. Would repurchase.

on 4/16/2013 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Love this for a finishing powder over my foundation. Anything that was covered up using my foundation covered nicely and this leaves my skin, well, balanced. The reason why not 5 lippies is because I do not believe that this is a powder foundation. I feel like this is more of a correcting finishing powder, especially for those who have redness in their skin. I do think that this will also be good for summer time as a finish to my bb cream. Will repurchase for the simple ease of use.

on 3/24/2013 3:32:00 PM

This has NO coverage and looks muddy on the skin when finally built up...give it a miss!

on 3/15/2013 1:42:00 PM

I guess I would buy again but slightly disappointed as it doesn't cover up all blemishes and I'm acne-prone :( However it gives my skin a really smooth finish and the case thing looks nice.

on 12/26/2012 8:33:00 PM

This is my favorite pressed foundation. It gives my skin a radiant finish. It makes me look like I have great skin. I have scars and melasma. Usually I use it with a little concealer but when I want more coverage I will use it with a liquid foundation. I am super pale. The medium works for me. The medium color is very forgiving. It seems to blur my fine lines. It does not settle into lines. I will purchase this as long as it is being made. Love it!