October 22, 2014 | 559 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by rrrkadirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this product in my Freshly Brewed kit and used it for the first time the other day. I used it by itself with my Benefit Lemon-aid and Boi-ing concealer,and wow! It did take some time to build up the coverage, but it looked great. Fortunately, I have pretty nice skin. No blemishes or discolorations, so I think that could be a reason why this product worked so nicely for me. The more I applied, the fuller my coverage became, and the finishing result was luminous and natural. Also, I have combination skin, and I get pretty oily in my t-zone. I usually need blotting papers or a touch up of powder within four hours of applying my makeup, and when I had this on the other day, I kid you not that nine hours later, my face still looked great. I didn't need any touch ups and my face wasn't an oily mess. Score!

Today, I used this foundation over top of my usual liquid foundation, and the finishing result was awesome. It gave me full coverage without looking cakey, and really evened and "balanced" my skin tone. I love this product. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Christac3698

Love this for a finishing powder over my foundation. Anything that was covered up using my foundation covered nicely and this leaves my skin, well, balanced. The reason why not 5 lippies is because I do not believe that this is a powder foundation. I feel like this is more of a correcting finishing powder, especially for those who have redness in their skin. I do think that this will also be good for summer time as a finish to my bb cream. Will repurchase for the simple ease of use.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by 0037sammie

This has NO coverage and looks muddy on the skin when finally built up...give it a miss!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Abbiee12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I guess I would buy again but slightly disappointed as it doesn't cover up all blemishes and I'm acne-prone :( However it gives my skin a really smooth finish and the case thing looks nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by cmayes71

This is my favorite pressed foundation. It gives my skin a radiant finish. It makes me look like I have great skin. I have scars and melasma. Usually I use it with a little concealer but when I want more coverage I will use it with a liquid foundation. I am super pale. The medium works for me. The medium color is very forgiving. It seems to blur my fine lines. It does not settle into lines. I will purchase this as long as it is being made. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by dawnsied

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This powder is wonderful. If I need light coverage I will use it alone. But in general I have been using as a finishing powder to my foundation (small amount). It is a very nice compliment to my foundation. Doesn't look dry and lasts all day. Also, looks very natural and blends well with my fair skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love pressed powder foundations. MAC StudioFix has been my stand by for years, and I love it, but sometimes want something a little more glowy. I loved MSFN but my skin reacted badly to it (most likely the bismuth) I found the B&B based on reviews on MUA and YouTube and decided to give it a shot. I really like it, it gives a nice glowy finish and hasn't been a problem for my skin at all. The only drawback is there aren't a lot of colors. I have the medium, which is slightly dark for me (NC20) but the fair shade is a little too light. I wish there was a shade in between. Still, I like it and would repurchase for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by FrettyPace

I really wanted to love this product. I bought this because I had heard so many wonderful things about it. I wanted a powder that would give me a nice natural glowing look without looking cakey in the daytime. Unfortunately this was not the product for me. I used it by itself but it didn't give me enough coverage. I also tried this on top of a few different foundations and every time I put this on top of any foundation I ended up with a cakey mess on my face after a couple of hours, especially on my nose. It may be just me but I also noticed it left my brushes with a waxy/greasy feeling which I kind of felt on my face too after having it on for a few hours. The search continues for me...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

I have given this product more tries than i can count, however, it just doesn't work for me. Not sure why but the Laura Mercier loose powder or the MAC MSF work much better to give me a nice coverage and blend together my bronzer and blush. Just found that the Balance and Brighten does't do much form me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by smsine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not quite as awesome as I was expecting, but still very nice. I have the color fair, but I still feel as if it is too yellow for my skin. It kind of gives me a fake tan look! But if I use a setting powder on top than I am fine.