January 30, 2015 | 1807 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by becktasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'd been wanting to try this for a while, so when I saw it for cheap on Hautelook I snatched it up. I give it a resounding "meh". Kind of looked muddy until I blended it very well, which was a bit of a pain. Coverage was light to medium, which is fine if you're looking for that sort of thing, but not something I incorporate into my beauty routine very often. The lasting powder was also pretty unimpressive, and I found that my blushes and bronzers that normally wear 8-9 hours wore more like 5-6 over this. It also wiped away at the slightest touch- a half hour before I left work a coworker (and friend) said "What's wrong with your face? You're all splotchy!" It didn't break me out, and the brightening effect was actually pretty, but all around this was a big disappointment.

For reference, my routine with this was: Laura Gellar Spackle, Smashbox CC Cream, Kat Von D tattoo concealer, Laura Gellar Balance n Brighten, Benefit Hoola (contour), TheBalm Frat Boy, NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder, Smashbox Soft Lights (tops of cheekbones), Urban Decay All Nighter

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by bfresh0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this powder but not as my main foundation. For me it is not enough coverage on its on. I use it over the top of my other powder or over a liquid foundation because I like the finish of it. It makes pores appeared smoothed out and doesn't cake up or settle into lines. Just gives a smoothed and soft focus look to my face. The color range isn't very good for that I took off one star. Porcelain is too light and pink and fair is slightly too dark. I am about nc15 to nc20 in mac ( which I don't use but most people are familiar with their colors) .

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by courtneyxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have acne prone, combo very fair skin so finding suitable make up can be difficult but omg best product ever! May seem expensive but so worth the results especially if you suffer with spots, scarring or redness. I use it over foundation and it covers amazingly yet isn't cakey like most powder foundations and doesn't feel heavy on the skin or clog pores. The brightening aspect is subtle and lovely, something you don't generally expect with powders.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by rrrkadirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this product in my Freshly Brewed kit and used it for the first time the other day. I used it by itself with my Benefit Lemon-aid and Boi-ing concealer,and wow! It did take some time to build up the coverage, but it looked great. Fortunately, I have pretty nice skin. No blemishes or discolorations, so I think that could be a reason why this product worked so nicely for me. The more I applied, the fuller my coverage became, and the finishing result was luminous and natural. Also, I have combination skin, and I get pretty oily in my t-zone. I usually need blotting papers or a touch up of powder within four hours of applying my makeup, and when I had this on the other day, I kid you not that nine hours later, my face still looked great. I didn't need any touch ups and my face wasn't an oily mess. Score!

Today, I used this foundation over top of my usual liquid foundation, and the finishing result was awesome. It gave me full coverage without looking cakey, and really evened and "balanced" my skin tone. I love this product. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Christac3698

Love this for a finishing powder over my foundation. Anything that was covered up using my foundation covered nicely and this leaves my skin, well, balanced. The reason why not 5 lippies is because I do not believe that this is a powder foundation. I feel like this is more of a correcting finishing powder, especially for those who have redness in their skin. I do think that this will also be good for summer time as a finish to my bb cream. Will repurchase for the simple ease of use.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by 0037sammie

This has NO coverage and looks muddy on the skin when finally built up...give it a miss!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Abbiee12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I guess I would buy again but slightly disappointed as it doesn't cover up all blemishes and I'm acne-prone :( However it gives my skin a really smooth finish and the case thing looks nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by cmayes71

This is my favorite pressed foundation. It gives my skin a radiant finish. It makes me look like I have great skin. I have scars and melasma. Usually I use it with a little concealer but when I want more coverage I will use it with a liquid foundation. I am super pale. The medium works for me. The medium color is very forgiving. It seems to blur my fine lines. It does not settle into lines. I will purchase this as long as it is being made. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by dawnsied

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This powder is wonderful. If I need light coverage I will use it alone. But in general I have been using as a finishing powder to my foundation (small amount). It is a very nice compliment to my foundation. Doesn't look dry and lasts all day. Also, looks very natural and blends well with my fair skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love pressed powder foundations. MAC StudioFix has been my stand by for years, and I love it, but sometimes want something a little more glowy. I loved MSFN but my skin reacted badly to it (most likely the bismuth) I found the B&B based on reviews on MUA and YouTube and decided to give it a shot. I really like it, it gives a nice glowy finish and hasn't been a problem for my skin at all. The only drawback is there aren't a lot of colors. I have the medium, which is slightly dark for me (NC20) but the fair shade is a little too light. I wish there was a shade in between. Still, I like it and would repurchase for sure.