October 21, 2014 | 821 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

This was the first time I tried Clinique, and it wasn't a good experience for me. I have sensitive, acne-prone, aging skin. This caused me to break out with painful cystic blemishes. I've had good experiences with Skintelligence moisturizer, just looking for something lighter for summer. Have to keep looking...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by sweetp341983

HG for me. Love this! Best stuff ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by liquidblues

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had this moisturizer for about 5 months now and it's very close to becoming my HG day time product. It does have good and bad sides, just like every other moisturizer though.

PROS:
- It's light. The texture is perfect for day time.
- It's fragrance-free. It has a very slight medicinal scent but it's not strong.
- It calms redness. I have some noticeable red areas around my nose and they have always bothered me but this gel seems to calm them down quite nicely.
- It smooths out skin and improves the skin texture .
- It a perfect base for makeup.
- It doesn't break me out.
- It lasts a really long time. I've a tube of 1.7 oz for about 4 months now (I use it daily).

CONS:
- It's not moisturizing enough to use at night, especially if you use acne treatments. You're going to need something richer for night time.
- It's not mattifying - it's not creamy/oily but it will not make your skin mat.
- It's quite expensive.

I will definitely repurchase it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

Love the gel texture, excellent as my day moisturiser before the makeup routine. Lightly scrented in a very "fresh" way, easily absorbed into skin. Already have a back up as my current one is 1/4 left. Skin type Oily Combination.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by oilyteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a good basic moisturizer for me, I'm not even 20 yet but my skins been throw absolute HELL from severe cystic acne and over production of oil. After taking acutain and finding the a good skin care routine my skin is much better, dare I say I good skin?! Anyways this is nice smooth non irritating moisturizer has a slight menthol smell witch I like. Its nice to know I can always come back to this, love the pump bottle deign and how fast it absorbs and sinks into my face but never feels heavy or sticky. Just all day lightweight hydration.

Pros
Silky smooth texture
Absorbs FAST
Smells good, "menthol/minty"
Love the packaging pumps are hygienic
Has never irritated my face
Good for daily use
Lasts quite a while maybe 6 months!

Cons
Price is okay I mean its Clinique so what do you expect?!
Isn't anything special, its not a WOW product

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Marshatablewood

I absolutely LOVE this product because i have combination skin and it feels so refreshing and light! I do get a bit irritated when i first put it on because it feels a bit oily, but the sensation wears off pretty soon and im left with beautiful skim

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Sherrywijaya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I mean its okay i guess,no harm done,its quite expensive compared to the amount of help done,it moisturizes a bit and has a powdery grainy feel afterwards but just a bit,i reccomend this for slightly oily to normal skin,dry skin try something else

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by sammyohmygosh

I've already repurchased this thrice and I absolutely love it! I have combination skin and this product is juat perfect for my skin! It's a moisturizer that is hydrating, easily absorbs, and doesn't feel greasy and heavy.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by az1999

I have very mixed feelings about this gel. I have combo skin, leaning more on the oily side. When I first used this, it absorbed very fast and is also light, which I like. But, five minutes later I saw dry patches on my nose and around my mouth. Maybe I'm not using enough? The morning after my chin was very sore for odd reason and looked like a breakout was about to come. But, I will continue using it for a while longer to see any changes in my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 6:30:00 AM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Product caused acne breakouts ...I went to my derm who advised me to avoi Clinique products like the plague. ...she actually advised me to use some Estee Lauder items as they are more suited fir sensitive acne prone skin.