Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Silica, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium-Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6

I have bought the Clinque Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel last year recommended by a co-worker. Although she had purchased in the past the Lotion which is for Dry skin the women behind the counter recommended the Gel since I have combo/oily skin and still get breakouts. I really loved the packaging (it has a pump) and it feels smooth and absorbed into my skin very quickly. I ended up running out so I bought an over the counter Garnier gel for dry skin and that works fine- I just dont like the packaging on the garnier (a container that you have to dip your fingers into it.) I have mature skin, (I am 50) so I went back to the clinque counter to possibly purchased the Lotion instead. I found out the lotion contains mineral oil and I know that would reek havic on my maturing combo skin that occasionally breaks out! Now some mature skin can handle mineral oil but unfortunetly with my sensitive skin I didnt want to chance it. Overall I really like this product - even though its oil free for my mature skin I use alot of other products to balance it out- such as Hyloranic acid, vitamin C for serums I like to use the Clinque Moisturizing gel over it.

I was on the lookout for an affordable, lightweight yet hydrating moisturizer. I previously had bad experience with the lotion version of this - it broke me out and gave me oil seeds. This gel version fared better on my sensitive and combination skin. It's not the most moisturizing gel-type moisturizer I've used, but it does a relatively okay job for me as I live in the tropics. As my cheeks have a tendency to go a little dry, I've noticed wearing this moisturizer isn't the best option for me if I were to be spending the entire day in an air conditioned environment. Those with slightly drier skin types should stay away from this - I think the kiehl's oil-free gel cream is more moisturizing than this.

I have oily skin mainly on my t zone and am prone to breakouts on my cheeks, this has been the best moisturiser I have ever used, it soaks into my skin straight away without leaving any sticky residue behind on the surface, it leaves my skin looking matte and well moisturised without causing any breakouts - I've used too many moisturisers in the past for oily skin that don't hydrate sufficiently and/or make me break out often leaving my face tight/plastic shiny but I have finally found something that works for me.This is my HG moisturiser and recommend it to everyone with any type of oily skin!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've been using this moisturizer for many years and I love it.

It's not too expensive for a department store product, which is great because I'm pretty frugal.
This feels great when I apply it on my skin. I have very oily skin and this sinks in and doesn't make my skin super oily right after applying which many other moisturizers do. This is a very good moisturizer for my oily skin. I use it in the morning and at night and there have been nights where I swear my skin looks better in the morning when I wake up than it did the night before.

**NOTE** This is a review for the GEL. Clinique also makes this in a LOTION and a CREAM. I used a sample of the lotion by accident once, and it is VERY different. DOES NOT work with my oily skin. Just a disclaimer.

Okay so on me personally, this did not moisturize my normal to oily skin. I was surprised because it's so damn popular, but it just wasn't enough moisture for me. Obviously the fact that it didn't work for me does not make it a bad product, it just means it'd work better for somebody who didn't need as much moisture.

So basically if you have anything besides oily skin, I wouldn't try this. Or maybe you like extra light moisturizers, I don't know. I gave it a four because I still think it's a good product (no scent & non irritating, nice texture), but my skin just needed something more hydrating.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The smell of the product is weird.. Close to philosophy's hope in a jar (that one smells worse). Moisturizing properties are AWESOME but does not suit oily skin like mine. Consistency is a little too thick for oily skin. I bought the 125ml bottle at SGD$60. Tried a few times and ends up selling it on carousell instead. Laneige waterbank gel cream is a much better alternative (though more expensive at $50+ for 50ml). My verdict is that this product is great but unfortunately not suitable for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

For reference I have dehydrated skin prone to clogged pores. I get flakies on my cheeks regularly but I struggle to get moisture that won't clog me. I bought this, loved the packaging. The smell is awful and it does nothing to moisturize my skin. My flakes are worse, my skin feels tighter. I have tried this with a HA serum under it, adding rose hip oil to it and noooothing makes it better for me. I thought maybe for the summer I would need less moisture so this would be good but nope. So for me it was a waste of money.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Since I have crazy oily skin, I'm fairly new to the moisturizer world. I used Garnier gel moisturizer at first and I wasn't a fan of the unhygenic pot and it just didn't feel moisturizing, then I tried Sephora's matte mositurizer/sunscreen which I really liked but I wasn't sure if it was really all that moisturizing. I like to try new things so I can really get a feel for what works for me personally so I tried this out and I actually really enjoy it.

It's my happy medium between the two moisturizers I mentioned above. It's gel like consistency makes it light application, nonsticky, and nongreasy but it also keeps me matte AND moisturized. It makes my skin feel fresh, soft, and hydrated but not oily or matte to the point of dryness. It makes me WANT to moisturize because I feel like it truly is adding benefit to my skin. No breakouts and I've used it for about 6 months now too.

The only con I can say is that it is fairly expensive. However this moisturizer is so light an easy to spread, I usually don't need much, so I feel like my little bottle will last me at least a year. So I think it's pretty fair at the end of the day. Also it doesn't have sunscreen which I know is important to some, but for me it's not as I use a different sunscreen. And I don't think this would work well with dry skin, but definitely a winner for oily gals.

Overall I will keep this as a staple in my skincare regimen.

The formula feels great and its very refreshing to apply, however somewhat sticky after setting.

But I would not repurchase this because of the ingredients. Its expensive, and just a regular moisturiser (regular isn't a bad thing, it does moisturise like its supposed to). But I rely on retinol A and sunscreen in morning now, and Arbutin products at night - and I wish I had known about it earlier, I only started doing this in my late 20's and have been using ordinary moisturisers and nothing else all my life. I am seeing the benefits already and can only imagine what I would look like had I protected my skin from childhood. Bleh! I envy the teenagers today who have the internet and a billion reviews to help them. I didn't even know the dangers of sun exposure before I was like, 22.

Love it!!