April 16, 2014 | 1098 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by jtatelbaum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Throughout high school, I had pretty bad acne which has, for the most part subsided, and I didn't love this product until I figured out a few ways to manipulate it. This procedure has worked great for me and will (hopefully!!) if this is a product you find doesn't quite match your skin tone and/or if it seems too cake/unnatural:
- Use a dense foundation brush to apply. Mix a little bit of water, lighter foundation, face primer, or face lotion with the Dream Matte Mousse until you have your desired shade and consistency. Test the color on your cheek bone and if it's a match, you can apply it lightly to the rest of your face (and neck, if necessary!).
For me, this is less of a heavy and orangey feel and it will stay on my face without need for touch up for hours!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by marifixx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I don't know what's up with this stuff, but I don't like it. This clings to any dry patch I might have and it looks super cakey. Huuuuge no no!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Superstarcarly

I used to have very dry skin until recently and now my face is an oily mess! Decided to try this foundation to see if it helps and it does! Was hard trying to match a shade toy skin and still feel it's a bit light but the next shade was orangy. Wears a good 6/7 hours without touch ups. No need for a powder over this as it is very matte. Just finished my first pot and didn't seem to last very long but going to re purchase this week.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by lafflemywaffle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually like this foundation- a lot. Its the only one I use. Huge disclaimer i should mention, though- i dont usually wear foundation. I have acne prone skin and try to keep it clear of skin makeup on a daily basis. I do however wear this on special occasions and on nights out. It doesnt seem to aggravate my skin which is precisely why i love it. I used to wear this on a daily basis to work during the summer and only stopped because i found my face didnt like the heavy feeling of something on it all day, and i would have to touch it up before the end of the day. I think this is more of a personal preference, though. Im sure i'd feel the same with any foundation really. I feel it gives me really good buildable coverage as well. One thing I dont like though is the range of colors- i end up using a shade that leaves me a tad pasty looking, but flawless nonetheless (and nothing some blush cant fix). I also dont like the packaging, its not very hygienic.

In conclusion- i would buy this foundation and use it. It might not be the absolute best choice, especially if you like to wear full makeup everyday, but it works for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Sophiemabel02

I used to buy this foundation over and over again as I loved how flawless it made my skin and covered up any blemishes HOWEVER it would never last long on my skin, the max it would stay fully on was about an hour. ALSO this product was completely dried out my skin so now i have so many blocked pores :( I have clusters of under spots all over my face which is horrible and I'm finding it hard to get rid of!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Niki726

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this foundation for a while before I came across MAC Studio Fix foundation. I like the price and how it looks on my skin, but I can't find a color that matches my skin just right. Light Ivory was the closest I could find, but even that wasn't quite right. I use NC13 in MAC and it matches my skin perfectly.
Pros: price, texture, looks great
Cons: Not a wide variety of colors

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by marylynnpollard

I really like this foundation. It gives me a flawlessly even complexion without looking like I'm wearing ANY makeup...which is amazing! I really like the finish..it's matte as the label suggests, but not in a way where it looks chalky. Definitely made for more oily skin types (I have combination, so I wear a moisturizer underneath.) You don't need a lot to get good coverage. My only concern is the packaging and whether it's sanitary. I guess you just have to make sure you have clean fingers before you use this product (as you should with any product, but this one in particular). I think it's a good makeup and I'm really enjoying it for now. Yaaay. Good shade match too if you are on the warmer more golden tone side.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

What can I say about this other than WOW Ive had it for about 3 or 4 days and I love it :) I love how it blends in my skin , gives me a flawless look and cover really well and it also last a long time , I don't have to do any touch ups , I use it with and without a face primer . I love it so much I went and bought one for my sister and she loves hers too :) now I just have to buy my mom one next :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by allysesayshi

I bought this product thinking it would cover all my acne scars and blemishes but it's just another sheer mousse foundation. It barely has any coverage and seems to be very drying. This product isn't good for me but I assume this foundation would be better for younger skin that doesn't need any coverage and isn't very oily/dry. Plus the packaging is very heavy and isn't convenient to carry around on a purse or makeup bag. Overall I wouldn't buy this product again. :/

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation feels really nice when applied but it has low coverage & it looks quite splotchy. The shade range isn't great at all which sucks! I wish that this foundation had some better colors and I wish it would have better coverage!