Creative Nail Design Solar Oil

4.3

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate.

I have to admit, I got two mini bottles as a gift over the years, but used none of them.
I put them all in my bathroom closet and forgot about them.
Until recently, I decided to do more for my nails and hands, which I neglected a little bit.
I did some research and came across the famous solar oil. I read a lot of articles and many nail designers like Sophy Robson and make-up gurus like Lisa Eldridge use this. Basically everyone of them has one bottle of solar oil on the nightstand ;-).
So, I rambled through my bathroom closet and found the two little bottles of solar oil.
I started to use the oil on a regular base overnight (having it on my the nightstand:-)) and found my cuticles and nails looking very nice while using this.
The oil is a clear oil with a hint of marzipan smell, that comes in a nail polish bottle with a brush cap. It is a little bit runny and thin, so you can easily massage it in. My nails and cuticles soak it in a few minutes and look very polished and healthy afterwards.
I also use it after painting my nails or toenails to make the cuticles look really good. Because any high end nail polish is wasted when your cuticles look dry and chipped.
You have to use it on a regular base, thatīs what makes it so hard for me.
Some people complain about the price, but I got this as a present. I found out that one mini bottle costs 4 Euros and a large bottle 16 Euros.
Thatīs pretty much when you consider, that the basical ingredient is almond oil, mixed with jojoba oil, rice bran oil and vitamin e.
To be honest, I think that the mini bottle lasts quite long and I donīt need much of the oil. Some people mix a similar combination of oils together, but Iīm not a diy-type when it comes to cosmetics.
So, yes, I think I would buy a mini bottle again. I tried some drugstore nail oils, but they never really convinced me and I got back to solar oil.
I recommend it, if youīre willing and able to pay the price.

on 8/1/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I apply this with the cuticle eraser before bed and at least once during the day. My cuticles look great. When I dont have the $ to treat myself I just use a teensy bit of Glytone body lotion and whatever lightweight oil I have.

on 7/29/2012 8:31:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Over the years I my sensitive skin has pretty much opted me out of most cosmetics so you won't see reviews from me on much of anything else unless it Oil of Olay. Solar Oil is something that the lady used to use to help dry my French Manicure Acrylic Nails but once I had to stop doing that I found that it helped my nails recover. After years of having acrylic nails my own nails were very thin and wavy in texture. I stopped having them applied about 10 years ago and my nails are still kind of rough on top but I continue to use the Solar Oil and they are much stronger and healthier. The product is something that I would recommend to anyone. Basically it is sweet almond oil but SAO is one of natures wonders. It relieve earache pain and soothes dry irritated skin and hair. It will do you proud on your nail. Let it soak in and then smooth it over the cuticles and rest of your hands. You will be amazed at the results. It is one of the few things that still remain from years of cosmetic use. Hey, I used to sell MK before my skin got to where it just didn't like any of it. Goat's milk soap and Oil of Olay are my beauty system these days with Gold Bond Ultra Healing and Solar Oil.

I wish I'd found this sooner! I bought three mini bottles on ebay for about 15 bucks. I leave one at work, one on my nightstand, and one in my nail kit. I've started just painting it liberally all over my nail and cuticle then trying to leave them alone for as long as I can handle (45 mins). Then I just rub it off but it's absorbed the good stuff by then. By doing this 2-3 times a day my nails have gotten so long and strong, and my cuticles are almost all healed. I will buy this forever! careful not to touch your hair or important papers during the "coating sink-in stage" though :) even my boyfriend noticed how nice my hands look!

on 5/5/2012 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'd buy this again if I had spare money. I bought is regularly when I had more disposable income. Great product but it is mainly sweet almond oil. I bought a 6 oz bottle of sweet almond oil for about 1/2 the price and refilled the bottle with that. Works great for moisturizing--not sure how SAO only works as a polish dryer though.

on 4/27/2012 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

As this nail and cuticle oil is so famous and highly spoken of in the nail polish world I decided to give this a go. I was able to get a good deal on this at the time so that swayed me to see what all the fuss is all about!

Anyway, on to the oil. Medium thickness yellow oil, has a strong almond smell, very sugary and sweet, can be cloying. However, after this absorbs the smell is much less noticable.

Quickly and easily absorbed. Very moisturising. A little goes a long way and a small bottle, even with repeated daily use, such as using after washing hands for example, this oil will last a long time.

Would definately re-purchase!

Would like to see this oil packaged as a portable pen in the future. I did carry a bottle of this in my handbag for a couple of weeks but I was afraid that this would open in my bag so I stopped doing that.

But to use on your desk at work or on your bedside table at home this is a great option for you!

on 3/8/2012 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Back when I was getting Shellac manicures, using this oil everyday did help my manicure last a little bit longer. Besides that, I have horribly dry cuticles and when I use this oil it keeps them hydrated all day long. I wish I remembered to use it more often!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This allowed my nail polish to dry quickly. I was able to apply 3 coats in 30 minutes without a smudge. The side benefit is moisturized cuticles. It smells funky, but I don't care!

on 1/14/2012 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This does the job perfectly. It hydrates my cuticles, keeps them looking nice, and really strengthens my nails. My nails usually break two or three times a week. I've been using this since July. and I've only had five broken nails between then and now! Give this a try if you find yourself in the same boat. It sinks in quickly and has a really pleasant almond oil scent that dissipates after three or four minutes.

on 12/12/2011 1:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have just bought another bottle of this fantastic nail oil. I used Nails Inc Vit E twist up nail pen/brush. It was ok, nothing major tbh. I used to use Solar oil years ago, but since ive not used acrylics in years, Ive never thought to re-buy it! Anyways, had my acrylics done last week and promptly ordered a bottle of this. I adore it. No other nail oil comes close! Just brush some of the oil onto the cuticle of each nail, leave for a min, then massage into the whole of the tip of the finger, nail, and cuticle. It soaks right in! My cuticles look amazing after only about 3 days use!!! Aso the smell is to die for! Nice and sweet! Almost like marzipan, but then a tiny bit fruity! Love this, wont use any other nail oil!

Popular Treatments