Creative Nail Design Solar Oil

4.3

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate.

on 8/1/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I apply this with the cuticle eraser before bed and at least once during the day. My cuticles look great. When I dont have the $ to treat myself I just use a teensy bit of Glytone body lotion and whatever lightweight oil I have.

on 7/29/2012 8:31:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Over the years I my sensitive skin has pretty much opted me out of most cosmetics so you won't see reviews from me on much of anything else unless it Oil of Olay. Solar Oil is something that the lady used to use to help dry my French Manicure Acrylic Nails but once I had to stop doing that I found that it helped my nails recover. After years of having acrylic nails my own nails were very thin and wavy in texture. I stopped having them applied about 10 years ago and my nails are still kind of rough on top but I continue to use the Solar Oil and they are much stronger and healthier. The product is something that I would recommend to anyone. Basically it is sweet almond oil but SAO is one of natures wonders. It relieve earache pain and soothes dry irritated skin and hair. It will do you proud on your nail. Let it soak in and then smooth it over the cuticles and rest of your hands. You will be amazed at the results. It is one of the few things that still remain from years of cosmetic use. Hey, I used to sell MK before my skin got to where it just didn't like any of it. Goat's milk soap and Oil of Olay are my beauty system these days with Gold Bond Ultra Healing and Solar Oil.

I wish I'd found this sooner! I bought three mini bottles on ebay for about 15 bucks. I leave one at work, one on my nightstand, and one in my nail kit. I've started just painting it liberally all over my nail and cuticle then trying to leave them alone for as long as I can handle (45 mins). Then I just rub it off but it's absorbed the good stuff by then. By doing this 2-3 times a day my nails have gotten so long and strong, and my cuticles are almost all healed. I will buy this forever! careful not to touch your hair or important papers during the "coating sink-in stage" though :) even my boyfriend noticed how nice my hands look!

on 5/5/2012 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'd buy this again if I had spare money. I bought is regularly when I had more disposable income. Great product but it is mainly sweet almond oil. I bought a 6 oz bottle of sweet almond oil for about 1/2 the price and refilled the bottle with that. Works great for moisturizing--not sure how SAO only works as a polish dryer though.

on 4/27/2012 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

As this nail and cuticle oil is so famous and highly spoken of in the nail polish world I decided to give this a go. I was able to get a good deal on this at the time so that swayed me to see what all the fuss is all about!

Anyway, on to the oil. Medium thickness yellow oil, has a strong almond smell, very sugary and sweet, can be cloying. However, after this absorbs the smell is much less noticable.

Quickly and easily absorbed. Very moisturising. A little goes a long way and a small bottle, even with repeated daily use, such as using after washing hands for example, this oil will last a long time.

Would definately re-purchase!

Would like to see this oil packaged as a portable pen in the future. I did carry a bottle of this in my handbag for a couple of weeks but I was afraid that this would open in my bag so I stopped doing that.

But to use on your desk at work or on your bedside table at home this is a great option for you!

on 3/8/2012 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Back when I was getting Shellac manicures, using this oil everyday did help my manicure last a little bit longer. Besides that, I have horribly dry cuticles and when I use this oil it keeps them hydrated all day long. I wish I remembered to use it more often!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This allowed my nail polish to dry quickly. I was able to apply 3 coats in 30 minutes without a smudge. The side benefit is moisturized cuticles. It smells funky, but I don't care!

on 1/14/2012 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This does the job perfectly. It hydrates my cuticles, keeps them looking nice, and really strengthens my nails. My nails usually break two or three times a week. I've been using this since July. and I've only had five broken nails between then and now! Give this a try if you find yourself in the same boat. It sinks in quickly and has a really pleasant almond oil scent that dissipates after three or four minutes.

on 12/12/2011 1:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have just bought another bottle of this fantastic nail oil. I used Nails Inc Vit E twist up nail pen/brush. It was ok, nothing major tbh. I used to use Solar oil years ago, but since ive not used acrylics in years, Ive never thought to re-buy it! Anyways, had my acrylics done last week and promptly ordered a bottle of this. I adore it. No other nail oil comes close! Just brush some of the oil onto the cuticle of each nail, leave for a min, then massage into the whole of the tip of the finger, nail, and cuticle. It soaks right in! My cuticles look amazing after only about 3 days use!!! Aso the smell is to die for! Nice and sweet! Almost like marzipan, but then a tiny bit fruity! Love this, wont use any other nail oil!

on 11/22/2011 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Solar Oil was all the rave years ago when I first joined MUA. I first brought the brush-on oil, then brought the tube, however the tube didnít seem as penetrating as the brush-on. Then when I learned that this is basically almond oil, I just brought a big bottle of pure sweet almond oil and refilled my SO bottle. Since then Iíve also discovered that apricot kernel oil works the best on my nails and cutes, so that is now my choice of cuticle treatment.

Top Rated Creative Nail Design Products