Creative Nail Design Solar Oil

4.3

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate.

on 5/5/2012 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'd buy this again if I had spare money. I bought is regularly when I had more disposable income. Great product but it is mainly sweet almond oil. I bought a 6 oz bottle of sweet almond oil for about 1/2 the price and refilled the bottle with that. Works great for moisturizing--not sure how SAO only works as a polish dryer though.

on 4/27/2012 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

As this nail and cuticle oil is so famous and highly spoken of in the nail polish world I decided to give this a go. I was able to get a good deal on this at the time so that swayed me to see what all the fuss is all about!

Anyway, on to the oil. Medium thickness yellow oil, has a strong almond smell, very sugary and sweet, can be cloying. However, after this absorbs the smell is much less noticable.

Quickly and easily absorbed. Very moisturising. A little goes a long way and a small bottle, even with repeated daily use, such as using after washing hands for example, this oil will last a long time.

Would definately re-purchase!

Would like to see this oil packaged as a portable pen in the future. I did carry a bottle of this in my handbag for a couple of weeks but I was afraid that this would open in my bag so I stopped doing that.

But to use on your desk at work or on your bedside table at home this is a great option for you!

on 3/8/2012 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Back when I was getting Shellac manicures, using this oil everyday did help my manicure last a little bit longer. Besides that, I have horribly dry cuticles and when I use this oil it keeps them hydrated all day long. I wish I remembered to use it more often!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This allowed my nail polish to dry quickly. I was able to apply 3 coats in 30 minutes without a smudge. The side benefit is moisturized cuticles. It smells funky, but I don't care!

on 1/14/2012 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This does the job perfectly. It hydrates my cuticles, keeps them looking nice, and really strengthens my nails. My nails usually break two or three times a week. I've been using this since July. and I've only had five broken nails between then and now! Give this a try if you find yourself in the same boat. It sinks in quickly and has a really pleasant almond oil scent that dissipates after three or four minutes.

on 12/12/2011 1:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have just bought another bottle of this fantastic nail oil. I used Nails Inc Vit E twist up nail pen/brush. It was ok, nothing major tbh. I used to use Solar oil years ago, but since ive not used acrylics in years, Ive never thought to re-buy it! Anyways, had my acrylics done last week and promptly ordered a bottle of this. I adore it. No other nail oil comes close! Just brush some of the oil onto the cuticle of each nail, leave for a min, then massage into the whole of the tip of the finger, nail, and cuticle. It soaks right in! My cuticles look amazing after only about 3 days use!!! Aso the smell is to die for! Nice and sweet! Almost like marzipan, but then a tiny bit fruity! Love this, wont use any other nail oil!

on 11/22/2011 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Solar Oil was all the rave years ago when I first joined MUA. I first brought the brush-on oil, then brought the tube, however the tube didnít seem as penetrating as the brush-on. Then when I learned that this is basically almond oil, I just brought a big bottle of pure sweet almond oil and refilled my SO bottle. Since then Iíve also discovered that apricot kernel oil works the best on my nails and cutes, so that is now my choice of cuticle treatment.

on 9/14/2011 12:05:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I honestly didn't see any improvement from this stuff, it smelled nice and seemed to absorb quickly but other than that I don't really see the benefit. For example I keep a tub of Burt's Bees cuticle cream in my desk at work because I get weird stink-eye looks from coworkers when I try using solar oil at work--I guess anything applied to the nail area via brush MUST be polish. So, I use the Burt's Bees at work and every time I apply the stuff my cuticle area just feels moisturized for the rest of the day. If I use solar oil I don't get that. It does however go under the nail much easier than the Burt's Bees, so I will give it that. =p

FWIW I've used almost a full bottle so far (the small size) so I've been using it but I probably won't buy it again.

on 8/18/2011 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

What is there to say that hasn't already been said? I love, love, love this oil and keep repurchasing it over and over again! LOVE!

on 8/16/2011 10:03:00 PM

It never really occurred to me that a cuticle oil could get better than just an olive oil or coconut oil, but this is great! I bite my nails and do cut my cuticles off (I know, I know....) and this makes my nails healthier and less annoying with their dry edges. I have tried the Sallie Mae brand and nothing compares to the absorption and mosturizing quality of solar oil. The brush doesn't fray and a little goes a long way.

Popular Treatments