October 24, 2014 | 817 users online

Eye Primer - Mary Kay - Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by pimpcessleelee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my first eye primer. It's creamy and goes on colorless (NW45). Don't use too much. Just a dab. My eyeshadow stays on longer throughout the day and it does not crease at all. After applying, I set it with a powder. One con to this product was I wish there was a matte-color finish like urban decay. Overall, I'd buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by lissetta

This was my first eye primer and i love it!! I have oily eyelids and the primer lasts all day long. after almost 10 hours you BARELY see any creases (oily eyelids and humid warm weather).

Like it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awful. One hour after applying my mineral shadow on top of this primer, I have creasing and whole areas of disappeared shadow. And my eyes are watering and burning slightly.

I didn't use too much, and I have nothing else new on that could be causing the watering, and after reading that other reviewers have the same problem with it, I have to say that it must be the primer. Not good.

It comes in a .3oz tube. The formula looks like a lotion. It goes on nice, even, but seems to dry fast and doesn't have that slightly tacky finish that grabs onto the shadow, which made me skeptical at first. I could live with it not being the best primer, but I can't live with the burning and watery eyes. I do believe I will be letting Mary Kay know about this....it wasn't exactly cheap, I think it was between $10 and $14.

Off to wash this crap off and start over....

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2010 3:33:00 AM More reviews by bellalaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MK Eye Primer really does what it is supposed to do: it keeps eyeshadow in place all day long. I have very oily eyelids and when I use this product, my eyeshadow looks the same as when I put it on 12 hours before.

Sadly, it makes my eyes water horribly the entire time I have it on. It doesn't have a fragrance but whatever chemicals are in it my eyes do not like, which is a shame because it lasts really well. A tube goes a long way, you'll have it forever.

I wear glasses but not contacts, and I do have sensitive skin. Due to that sensitivity I won't be purchasing this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by monica8six

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was sent to me in a sample packet as an extra and I really liked it. At 1st I had doubts if I would like it because its kinda a sticky formula. It felt weird to me but then again it was my 1st e/p. I did notice my e/s last all day. I don't have oily lids so don't know how it would work otherwise. Even though I liked it I find myself reaching for the TFSI (also sent as an extra) more. I guess because the TF is in a tube and I haven't checked this one but it might already be dried up. I would definitely buy this.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by SatanicaMurder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not completely sold on this eye primer.

I wear contacts and glasses, and the primer feels okay when I'm wearing my glasses.. but for some odd reason, when I have my contacts in and have attempted to use this product, I get a burning sensation. Not good.
Plus it takes a little longer than I'd like to dry (and no its not that I'm applying too much.)

I prefer Urban Decay primer potion or NYX eyeshadow base, so I'll probably stick with those.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by thebeautyadvisor

This eye primer works really great. I never find my e/s creasing even after hours and hours. I've never tried any other primer, so I can't really compare it to anything else. A little goes a long way, so it lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by sparkly101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

no words can explain....
~cons~ nothing
~pros~makes ur eyeshadow stay on for a long time and a little goes a long way

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by markgirl91

I love this primer but I have nothing to compare it to because it is the only one that I have ever used. I use it with the mary kay mineral eyeshadow. It causes my shadow to be more vibrant and last longer. I have dry eyelids and it works well I have never had a problem with creasing eyeshadow so I don't know how this would work for someone with oily lids? My customers all love this I have never heard my customers say they didn't like it or want to return it! I am being honest even though I am a consultant there are mary kay products that I hate or think should be improved but I love this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by steffmd25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this product. All in all, my shadows stay put and they don't crease. I like the packaging because its not going to dry out before all of your product is used up.