January 24, 2015 | 1739 users online

Foundations - BeneFit Cosmetics - Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Blahh...is my best word to describe this product. Limited color range, seems oily, doesn't have the best coverage, pricey, blah. I'm not a huge fan of benefit cosmetics.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by navywendy

i tried this out as i was looking for something with medium coverage to even out my skin tone. this stuff seems to greasy and oily. as it oxidized it turned my skin orange. wont purchase again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I purchased this to replace my MAC stick foundation which was discontinued. This is my HG foundation and it has replaced liquid and loose mineral powder foundation. This is so easy to use and non-messy! I don't have to worry about it spilling or breaking.

Before putting this on, I moisturize my face and apply to my eyes, undereye circles, nose, forehead, and chin in short strokes. Then I blend gently with a sponge. It literally takes me a minute to apply and blend, and it blends so seamlessly. The best part of the play stick is that it looks so natural and yet it has such good coverage to even out my skin tone and makes my skin look flawless when its actually not. I get compliments on my skin all the time thanks to this product. This has very good staying powder and lasts all day. Only con is that this is expensive but considering that this has lasted me 6 months, it is worth the money. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by tessaS85

I LOVE THIS. A representative from BeneFit was in Sephora, and she offered to do my makeup. The major thing I noticed about myself after she was done was that my skin was FLAWLESS. My skin usually has really red areas, and large pores all over my cheeks, but it was PERFECT!!!!!! I went on a hunt to find what she used to make my skin so smooth, and I found this! I love how matte this dry, since it's a cream to matte formula. I'm super happy I found what she used, now I definitely need to get some for myself! :)
The price doesn't really matter, the product is just super good!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by makemeup927

Great full coverage. makes my skin looks healthy and gives it a glow. was using smashbox full coverage foundation and this took its place. it lasts all day if used over top of a primer and completed with a finishing/setting powder. Looks great with Tarte cheek tint! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by malibublondiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation :)
When i first got it, it took my a while to get used to it because i have really dry skin & i kind of found it hard to apply in a way, but when i put a moisturiser on first i found it went on beautifully, i love this foundation so much, love the shade, love the texture & the sheen it gives my skin when i use it, i would really recommend this to anyone :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by tasha456

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product sooo much.
It's creamy, and has a beautiful finish.
I reccommend you get a colour match at your local benecounter!
It's long lasting and wearing.
doesn't clog pores and doesn't have a scent.
It's perfect and I <3 it.
I highly reccommend this product :D It is a staple in my make up box!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by lookingforlashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

What Benefit say -

"A cream to powder foundation stick that helps promote a healthy complexion while giving natural-looking coverage. Scribble in any fun shape and blend for a satin-matte finish."

Pros:

- Full coverage (covers redness and eye bags)
- Very creamy
- Good range of colours for fairer skin ladies
- Glowy finish
- Nice packaging

Cons:

- Too expensive (£25.50)
- Drying
- Can sink into fine lines
- Not natural looking (you need to add contour afterwards)
- Transfers if you don't set it

Full Review -

Ok, I have a love-hate relationship with this product, so I had a difficult time rating it. Let me tell you why... I first started using the playstick when I was 18 years old, I'm 24 now and I'm still using it... that should mean Holy Grail, right?

I have a lot of redness in my face that needs correcting, but my skin was always great until the age of about 22. So from 18-22 this product was my best friend, it covers EVERYTHING, but my god, when I hit 22, my skin suddenly dried up, and I could hardly use this product. GUTTED! This foundation flakes like hell if you have dry skin, its not moisturising enough (I have heard opposite reviews for this, saying that people would rather use it in the winter, because its quite oily, but in my experience it's completely the other way around).

Nowadays, I can use this product in summer, and its a GREAT concealer, on days when my eye bags are the worst, nothing else will do it. In relation to Benefit's claim that is gives natural looking coverage, I'm disagreeing - this is one of the heaviest coverage foudations I own. But I DO agree with the healthy glow that it promotes, considering just how heavy the coverage is. You do need to set it also, otherwise it transfers a bit, which can add to the heavy feeling of the foundation. I would suggest using a primer with this, and any heavy cream foudation; the playstick wont cake up, but it with flake if you aren't moisturised, and it will settle into fine lines after a while if you don't prep.

Final Thought:

I will probably always buy this product, although I am using it less and less, it's great for younger skin, and a brilliant heavy duty concealer. If you have problematic skin though, on the dry side especially, steer clear.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by xlivx

I didn't actually buy this product in the end, I travelled from Huddersfield to Leeds specifically to buy this product as I had it recommended to me.

I ended up being massively disappointed, during my 'makeover' with a benefit sa i noticed her own makeup was caked in her fine lines making her look much older than her 27 years (this was first concern).

Anyway she used porefection as a base then applied benefit play stick in 'spin the bottle' colour with 'sugarbomb' over the top...when I first looked in the mirror the foundation colour looked orangey when I had told her I wanted to match my own skin colour as much as possible.

I decided to continue my shopping to see if I would change my mind after wearing the makeup a while but as time went on the foundation began to sink into my fine lines too (i'm only 23 so don't have many) and drawing attention to them made me feel really self conscious. I have never known a foundation to do that before it was perhaps because it was a cream foundation, but in the ended I hated the look and feel of it. Would not recommend or try again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by calgary7

I love love love this foundation stick! It is creamy, easy to blend and dries quickly without a cakey feeling. Combined with a tinted moisturizer, it makes my skin look flawless and it super easy and fast to apply in the mornings. It's also portable so you can just toss it in your bag and do touchups later during the day (though this product stays on for a long time so there really is no need!)