September 3, 2014 | 1041 users online

Conditioner - Garnier - Sleek and Shine

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This didn't make my hair all that shiny, or all that sleek. It was still the same, curly, blond mess when I was done with this conditioner. Just like every single one before it.

However, I love the smell of Garnier hair products, I think it's really fruity, but not too much. (I love the fruit factor, I'd prefer it smelled MORE fruity)

Worked decently. Got rid of some frizz, and didn't build up in my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by astphard

I really like this conditioner. My hair feels moisturized after using this, but not limp and heavy with product either. And though I still have some frizz, this product does help to minimize it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by mas017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this product for years and love it! Every now and then I switch to another product to experiment, but I always come back to this one because its just so nice. I also use it with the matching shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by CuddleCore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, I am kind of a product junkie and I'll find things that absoultely work for my hair but convince myself that there is something better out there. I used Garnier Fructis' sleek & shine and moisture works line in the past with Amazing results. I always loved how soft and manageable my hair was after using it. I don't know why I thought there would ever be anything better because I ALWAYS come back to GF!! It truly does what it says it does. Moisturize, control frizz and fortify. After using Tresseme's smoothing line, which worked for a couple of months before turning my hair hard and causing my hair to shed and break in handfulls! I came back to this and the first day I used it my hair felt instantly softer & smoother, less frizz, and thankfully less breakage and hair in my comb! Significantly less! There's no way I'm getting rid of GF again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by vampira428

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just like the shampoo this conditioner is okay. It doesn't detangle my hair like Aussie Moist condtioner does. I saw no difference in my frizzy hair. It does smell nice though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by mtnsunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually used Abba conditioner for color-treated hair. My baby blonde hair, until recently, bleached and toned to an almost-white hue, and after years of doing that, I could feel the damage. Last month, I ran out of Abba, and didn't have time to run to the salon, so I went to Wal-Mart to get a cheap conditioner to tie me over. I got Garnier Sleek and Shine because it smelled good and was $3 bucks, but I didn't expect it to perform. But let me tell you, this worked wonders for my hair! I thought the Abba was doing great for my hair, but the Garnier made my hair so much shinier, softer, and manageable. I won't ever go back to Abba now, and I use Garnier Sleek and Shine almost every day now :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by mochakitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't think it has cones, which I was excited about. I've had good results with the matching shampoo and thought I'd try the condish. Someone mentioned they didn't work so well together, and ODDLY, that is true for me as well! I like to alternate this with my Biolage Cond. Balm or Aura Cherry Bark, neither of which have cones as well. This conditioner leaves my straight shiny fine hair even straighter and shinier. It gives it good slip and detangling capability. I like the scent too. The bottle design is dreadful and hard to open in the shower, but for the price and results, I'll deal with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this conditioner for about a week and a half, and I love it! Other conditioners tend to weigh my hair down but this one doesn't do that at all, it leaves my hair very smooth. I straighten my hair daily and have noticed a big difference in the overall appearance of my hair afterward - it's definitely less frizzy and more silky. The smell is wonderful, like most other Garnier products.
For me the only con is the packaging, the bottle is very hard to open without bending a nail or something. I usually end up prying it open with a razor, which works but is more work that I'd like to spend on a conditioner bottle, lol.
Overall I'm very happy with this conditioner, I would definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by lilbowenagd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just showered with this! I have frizzy, thick, curly hair and this conditioner works really well. It helps tames the frizz, defines my curls, and makes my hair look much healthier than other conditioners. I know it's not meant for curls but it works for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ttripleblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have curly, bleached to platinum, mid-back length hair and this conditioner works good in conjuction with a deep conditioner. I put the deep conditioner on my ends and use Garnier on the length and it keeps the color and curls looking great! Doesn't make my hair yellow or straw-like.

The bottle is hard to squeeze in the shower though because sometimes it can slip out of your hands.

Overall, I think it's a good quality conditioner for not-so-parched hair. (Or parched depending on the other products used) I've repurchased many times. Also, did I mention I use about 1/5 of the bottle per shower? ;)