August 23, 2014 | 1360 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBabe344

I bought this product in Australia while it was on sale. I'm glad I didn't buy it full price because its not worth much. The coverage is light-medium however it comes off cakey on the skin(when used on a blemish) and when used under the eye, it can look dry and cakeya s well. However this was how is came off on my skin.
I also did not like how in stores there was no tester to try out how high the coverage was and how it would appear. However this was not the products fault.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by whatthehype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I needed a concealer so i thought i might try this out since it was on sale. I am glad i bought this when it was half price because i dont think it was worth $10.50. I have the green and the yellow one but i find the green one more creamier than the yellow one. (it broke off in the packaging though..)

Lets just start off with saying my skin is very dry in some places like the nose but my cheeks are ok. I used the green one around my nose and it was really hard to blend because it was dry and chalky like. I use the yellow one under my eyes and for highlighting. It looks nice on the bridge of my nose but it cakes up under my eye and if you look closely you can see yellow dots after half a day.(awkward)

I tried the yellow one on my smile lines and around my lip and it emphasized my dry skin making it look like dry patches when there wernt any. You would think that it has heavier coverage because its so thick but dont be fooled! It also doesnt last all day as well.

I dont think it worked very well and when i finish these i will go find another one because i will not be buying them again. I sometimes use it to highlight my nose bridge if im doing a full face. I think the green one is great for fx makeup if your doing a 'dead' look or zombie which is when i ever use these concealers now.
Im not saying this is a horrible product, it just really isnt for me or anyone with dry skin..

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by hannahyQ

It really cakes on. I absolutely hate how it makes my eyebags feel even heavier. It highlights all my large pores. Hard to blend out. A really bad buy for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by LL98

I purchased the green and the ivory. Not really that great. Little coverage. Price is affordable. Packaging looks nice but it sometimes smudges onto the lid when trying to place the cap back on. It's hard to blend. Will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by EmilyJoell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Eh. I don't see the hype. I have oily skin and this goes on so dry and disgusting and not to mention unsanitary. Every time I put this on I see little hair and specks of things on it and its disgusting. Sometimes I'm able to really cover a blemish. Although it looks anything but smooth it's covered! I can't imagine what this would be like with dry skin!:/

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by RobinFace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I did as per other reviews and bought the darkest medium which was the right color (and I am fair). For the price, this is good. If it were more money, I would say it was ok. Since I have spent a lot on concealers and been disappointed, I am very likely to repurchase this as it is just as good and far less expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by beverlyt

i have the yellow one for dark under eye circles and this product is completely useless. it doesn't help with my circles AT ALL. this concealer is very drying and doesn't go on smoothly. if you have dry flaky skin, i dont recommend this for you

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Madihudson

I added this one to my concealer collection in hope of another great stick concealer but I ended up very very disappointed. First off, the product itself dries up my skin so bad that it breaks me out. The pointed tip makes it actually painful to apply to blemishes so you'll have to apply the concealer to a brush or on the finger until the stick has nubbed down, or else applying to any direct blemishes will actually hurt believe it or not. Next, the packaging is very cheap and bad. The plastic clear cap cracked within 2 days of owning the concealer and in the next week, the concealer itself broke and split. It came off the whole plastic packaging and now it's completely worthless. Definitely not a good concealer. Will not be repurchasing. Some better concealers from Maybelline are Age Rewind and Dream Lumi Touch.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by chloemichaela

this was useless. i have dry, acne prone skin and it doesn't cover. It just looks cakey like everyone else says. don't buy this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm pale with dark circles. I have this in fair, and it helps decrease the darkness a little bit. It will settle into wrinkles, but I'm not trying to hide wrinkles; I just want it for the coloring. Speaking of coloring, they have a yellow stick specifically meant to work for dark areas. I don't have that one because I would have to put foundation on top of it. I guess I should buy that one for days I know I'm going to wear foundation. However, for days when I know I'm not going to put on makeup, fair works for me alone.

For light complexions, they have two choices: fair and ivory.
For beige and darker complexions, they have three choices: light, medium, and deep beige.
For redness, they have a green one. Again, maybe I'll buy it for foundation days because I have redness around my nose.
For the price, you could easily buy the appropriate possibilities for you without breaking the bank.

Concerning blemishes, it doesn't really work for me while they are active. It's a really thick product, so you really have to rub it in; I don't want to do that for an active pimple. However, it does somewhat hide my left-over dark marks and scars. However, the applied areas look a bit cakey and chalky.

The packaging is fine, and I don't notice an odor. These last FOREVER, and I don't notice any changes in the product over time. I wish it was creamier (like Urban Decay's 24/7). I don't put it directly on my face; I use a finger. I don't know if that keeps the product cleaner, but I feel as if it does.

I have tried Benefit's Bo-ing and Erase Paste, and I have also tried the higher-priced DRUGSTORE brands, and they are good, too. For the price, I will continue to buy this, though, for days when I don't want to do a full makeup. However, Urban Decay's 24/7 is superior. I will continue to experiment with other drugstore products that are better than this concealer.