October 22, 2014 | 960 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by baileykf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read the reviews after I picked up this product, and started to dig for my receipt. I ended up trying it and I absolutely love it. It's the perfect shade for my skin and covers up even the worst blemishes. It doesn't make them 'go away' in appearance, but I don't expect that out of any concealer. Great product and will definitely repurchase in the future!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

No offense to anyone who loves this concealer, but for me, it was a miss. I ran out of Maybelline's FitMe liquid concealer, so I went to the store for another one. Saw this stick and thought, hey, #1 concealer in America, it must be good, and much cheaper. I ended up getting it, but still grabbed FitMe, which I knew I was perfectly happy with. I suppose I wanted to use the good old stick concealer for lazy weekend days so I could stretch out "the really good stuff". I tried this stick under eyes - it did not blend well, felt like wax sitting on my skin, and after a while it looked cakey. I learned that this stick does not work for under eye area, at least for me. I rarely get blemishes, and find that liquid concealer or simply foundation will be good enough to tone it down, because this stick needs a lot more work and may even draw more attention to the spot. The only time I would try using it is on a non-dry blemish or a scar; but, truth be told, I am never in a setting where I need to be flawless. It still sits in a little drawer with its concealer and foundation friends, but I never want to risk using it, and can't throw it out. I'm sorry, just - no.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by DarianS24

My review for this product when I first got it would have been a negative review. That was before I knew how to properly use it. At first, I would dip my brush into the cute little lipstick looking container and put it on my blemishes. I found the coverage to be okay, and the product to be dry on my face. It also accentuated any dry spots I had on my face.

NOW I know how to actually use it and it has become my HG concealer! HURRAY!! This is how I put this concealer on now: First, I just put it on my face straight from the tube (I dot it on and completely cover any blemishes or red spots). I let it sit on my face for 30 seconds - 1 minute. Then, I pat and blend it out with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. And that's it! It gives me really great coverage!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by coconuty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

hardly cover anything. sometimes it's dry. a waste.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBabe344

I bought this product in Australia while it was on sale. I'm glad I didn't buy it full price because its not worth much. The coverage is light-medium however it comes off cakey on the skin(when used on a blemish) and when used under the eye, it can look dry and cakeya s well. However this was how is came off on my skin.
I also did not like how in stores there was no tester to try out how high the coverage was and how it would appear. However this was not the products fault.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by whatthehype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I needed a concealer so i thought i might try this out since it was on sale. I am glad i bought this when it was half price because i dont think it was worth $10.50. I have the green and the yellow one but i find the green one more creamier than the yellow one. (it broke off in the packaging though..)

Lets just start off with saying my skin is very dry in some places like the nose but my cheeks are ok. I used the green one around my nose and it was really hard to blend because it was dry and chalky like. I use the yellow one under my eyes and for highlighting. It looks nice on the bridge of my nose but it cakes up under my eye and if you look closely you can see yellow dots after half a day.(awkward)

I tried the yellow one on my smile lines and around my lip and it emphasized my dry skin making it look like dry patches when there wernt any. You would think that it has heavier coverage because its so thick but dont be fooled! It also doesnt last all day as well.

I dont think it worked very well and when i finish these i will go find another one because i will not be buying them again. I sometimes use it to highlight my nose bridge if im doing a full face. I think the green one is great for fx makeup if your doing a 'dead' look or zombie which is when i ever use these concealers now.
Im not saying this is a horrible product, it just really isnt for me or anyone with dry skin..

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by hannahyQ

It really cakes on. I absolutely hate how it makes my eyebags feel even heavier. It highlights all my large pores. Hard to blend out. A really bad buy for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by LL98

I purchased the green and the ivory. Not really that great. Little coverage. Price is affordable. Packaging looks nice but it sometimes smudges onto the lid when trying to place the cap back on. It's hard to blend. Will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by EmilyJoell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Eh. I don't see the hype. I have oily skin and this goes on so dry and disgusting and not to mention unsanitary. Every time I put this on I see little hair and specks of things on it and its disgusting. Sometimes I'm able to really cover a blemish. Although it looks anything but smooth it's covered! I can't imagine what this would be like with dry skin!:/

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by RobinFace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I did as per other reviews and bought the darkest medium which was the right color (and I am fair). For the price, this is good. If it were more money, I would say it was ok. Since I have spent a lot on concealers and been disappointed, I am very likely to repurchase this as it is just as good and far less expensive.