Frederic Fekkai sheer hold hairspray

4.3

on 12/15/2007 6:02:00 PM

I'm not a big hairspray user but I just love this product to death. It's super light, as the the name suggests, and holds style great without looking like traditional hairspray. Let me just say I am effin OBSESSED with the scent! I shake my hair like a Pantene commercial just to get a good inhalation of the fragrance. Yes, I'm crazy, but I can't help how much I love the smell. Does any other Fekkai product smell like this? The ones I have certainly don't. I'm getting way off the point so I'll end here. Thanks for reading.

on 12/3/2007 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Although on the expensive side ($22 for a 5.8 oz can), this hairspray is wonderful. It holds without any stiffness and I can brush out my hair without getting those nasty flakes and without losing my style. I don't love the scent (I'm not big on fragrance) but I love how it's not overpowering and...cheap smelling. The fine mist is also great even if the nozzle sometimes gets clogged like with all hairsrays. Just run the nozzle under hot water for a few seconds and it's good as new. This is a really good hairspray for those who want some hold but also like their hair to move. I just spray a little on my sectioned hair, curl with an Enzo Milano curling iron, spray a little more and I have sexy wavy hair all day long into the next day. Love this hairspray!

on 10/24/2007 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is great! The smell is great, the hold isn't too hard. I like to use this especially when I'm teasing my hair. It gives a light/med hold. My hair doesn't feel crunchy when using it. I think this is one of the better HS' out there. I also like how the spray comes out finely for precise aim.

on 10/18/2007 5:37:00 AM

My personal bias for hairsprays: I like sprays that HOLD. I don't care if it solidifies my Pouf Hairstyle (e.g. Amy Winehouse but not as extreme). That's the point of hairspray IMO.

Used Fekkai's Sheer Hold Hairspray and I have to admit it does a pretty good job at maintaining flexibility with hold. Although the hold isn't as strong as Big Sexy Hair's Spray & Play Harder, Fekkai is a nice, sheer, light weight spray that will hold your style for at least a few hours.

Found that I had to do a lot of hairspray touch ups with this brand, but it's perfect for holding light waves and curls in your hair. Smells nice as well :)

Nozzle seems to always get stuck with hairspray. Minus 1 lippie for that.

It's expensive and doesn't suit my personal needs for extra strength holds. For curling iron styles, I'd rather purchase Fekkai's Glossing Cream with Olive Oil, rub it through styled hair for gloss and shine, and lightly spray Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Harder over it with a finishing touch of Paul Mitchell's Finishing Spray. This application lasts me all day, whereas Fekkai's Sheer Hold Hairspray required hairspray touchups.

on 10/12/2007 6:26:00 PM

Not worth the price. It gave me no hold at all . no impressed.

on 9/16/2007 2:24:00 AM

This has restored my faith in hairspray, when I first tried it out, I was amazed at how well it helped fluff up my roots, without being sticky and thick, it was moveable but the hold lasted, even the next day my hair still had a hold, amazing! I also love the fresh scent it has, my DH even loves the scent. This made me want to use hairspray again, will buy over and over again even though it is quite pricey. Who would have thought hairspray could be so good!

on 5/17/2007 8:40:00 PM

Nice hairspray. Provides decent hold for my shoulder length, naturally wavy hair. My only minor gripe about this product is the smell, which is pretty strong to me (and I do not usually have a sensitive nose!) Even though I like this product, I don't really feel that it deserves its $23 price tag, but I would possibly repurchase if it was ever on sale.

on 4/3/2007 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love this hairspray! I normally hate hate hairspray since it leaves my hair really hard and impossible to manage, and when I normally would try to with other hairspray, my hair would just end up a frizzy mess. This one holds my very thick black hair very well without being unmanageable and without leaving a gross sticky feel. I have lots and lots of hair (according to all my hair stylists) and it is very thick and it's difficult to find good hairstyling products. This one is one of the few I am satisfied with.

This is an OK hairspray. I'm beginning to seriously think that all hairsprays are alike. I dunno. I could almost compare it to aquanet. But this is still a little bit more flexable to use on the hair. The problem though- is that I don't see the shine. I really truely do not see it. It also didn't wow me too much because like a reviewer below said- it almost formed an invisable helmet around the hair. Yuck.

on 3/22/2007 4:33:00 PM

I'd rate this a 2.5. After seeing raves about this in magazines like Instyle (yes, I'm gullible) and some reviews here, I was excited to try this. Yes, it is a very fine mist... so fine that it would freeze on top of my fine hair (forming a kind of not-quite transparent helmet, as it stuck to little fly-aways I didn't even know were there!). Very creepy. And there's no way to get your fingers through your hair after you spray (yes, I was spraying from 12" plus out like you're supposed to), without a fight. Probably good for an up-do but not on long hair with movement like mine. Also, the darn thing clogged at LEAST every other time I used it, so half the product was probably wasted from me cleaning it out. Thank goodness I only bought the travel size (which was still $9). Very pleased to be returning to Shaper!

Popular Styling Products