April 18, 2014 | 1573 users online

Masks - LUSH - Brazened Honey Face Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by moncullen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Loved the smell. Didn't like the texture and the sensation. I didn't like the tingling sensation that much. In the end I didn't feel any better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am still undecided on this mask. I have acne-prone skin, but for the most part it's fairly normal. I do have an issue with blackheads and clogged pores.

When I put on this mask it was very exfoliating and somewhat harsh when trying to spread it on my face. It's very clumpy and looks really gross. However, when I washed it off (left it on for about 5 mins) I noticed immediately that it had lifted the gunk clogging the pores in my nose right up! I put on a nose strip and when I removed it.. it was insane how much crap it pulled out! Normally I don't have that result, so I know it was the mask that I owed for that.

My nose looked a lot clearer, so I think this will become a normal treatment for me! So far, this mask is great at pulling up the impurities.. so I think I would rebuy!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Bought this after I ran out of mask of magnaminty which I always used and there weren't any new stock at the Lush store. The beauty consultant at the store than told me to try this instead and boy do I love this more than magnaminty!

It leaves my face very smooth and clean after use and its easier to apply than magnaminty. My only complain is it smells like sulfur and its more expensive at $19 for a small pot.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

AMAZING! My Holy Grail face mask, makes my skin feel beautiful after putting it on and washing it off every time. I adore this face mask

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 7:43:00 AM More reviews by babyschla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is one of the HG elements of my beauty routine. After cleansing, I put this mask on and wait about 10 minutes before taking off. Now that I also have clarisonic, I use that to take the mask off. It's amazing for brightening your complexion and really making your face look fresh, right and dewy. There is no other mask I like more; or which does it's job as thoroughly. Definitely worth a try if you've got dull, oily blackhead prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by annalorelei

A great product for problem skin. I have combination skin, and was experiencing some winter dryness/dullness so gave this mask a go and it really did wonders. Whilst on the skin it can feel quite intense, almost uncomfortable but after washing it off it left my skin beautifully soft and moisturised without a trace of the dry tightness I had been experiencing previously. I really noticed the difference after one use, my skin lost the winter dullness and looked more radiant. My friend also tried it at the same time, she was experiencing a severe cystic acne breakout and was equally impressed. The mask removed oil and left her skin feeling soft and supple and not as sore as it had been. We both loved this product and it's great value at around £6, I will probably get 7-8 applications. I used Lush's celestial moisturiser afterwards and was very impressed with the results.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by OrionWanderlust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

brazened honey, ye be too brazen for me, aye. so I was looking at the product description on lush's website and being just a tad bit masochistic (bring on them tingling lip plumpers and enzyme peels), the words "powerhouse", "can you handle it", "very stimulating", and of course "brazened" did not quite get past my thick skull. I too wanted to see what the fuss was about.

then I used it. lush wasn't being tongue-in-cheek when they decided on the name cuz it sure as heck burned and stung my skin no end. for the record, I have pretty hardy skin. thinking to get my money's worth out of that little tub, I lay there, face afire, for the recommended 10 minutes. what was I thinking? no, wait. I wasn't. for after washing it off, I developed huge red hives. dogged by that and an almost literal envelope of a nauseating, overdecadent-grandmother type scent of ultra floral talc , I stayed home all day. I vaguely recall taking an aspirin. hmm.

did any good come out of it? well, no, for the price I had to pay. if I had to go into the nitty gritty, it did tighten my pores a little (this is temporary. Iíve tried plenty of masks which do that and better). my skin felt smooth...baby-butt smooth - after it's been powdered with talc. not clean-smooth, not healthy-smooth, nope not even glass-smooth. just powdered smooth (again, temporary). kinda like foundation but smoother. no skin brightening effects or anything else for that matter. it dried my skin out. also, if you're into the rosacea look, this could be your thing.

that being said, there are some things I quite like about this mask. the idiot-proof packaging, for one. has anyone tried dropping it yet? I mean really drop the tub. the consistency is a plus too. it is thick without being gooey, easy to spread and even out. like the mask of magnaminty (which by the way is also packed full of wonderful, toxic talc...and didnít do nuts either), it doesnít fall off in bits all over your clothes. also, since it's thick, a little goes a long way. I bought the small tub and 3 uses left me with easily 90% of product remaining. however, it's rough on the skin so warm water to will help soften it when washing off. I quite fancy the ayurvedic concept as well, on which brazened honey is based.

if you are looking for something more truly natural/organic, try dr alkaitisí universal mask, or mychelleís pumpkin peel. alternatively, check out skin apotheke on etsy (the owner does some great ayurveda- based natural skincare). they may not have a shelf life of 2 weeks, but work amazingly. understand that the word ďfreshĒ (and that bed of ice) is the pivot driving the sales of the fresh face masks.

so can you handle it? sez lush. no I canít and donít want to.

methinks I should give lush masks another chance and pick another one less brazen and talc-free. perhaps I just want to like lush.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by HausOfCanvas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my fav mask that Lush has to offer. I use this a few times a week and will continue to use it. It goes on nice and you only need to leave it for 5 min. When you wash it off it leaves your skin feeling so smooth and flawless. I have all my friends hooked on it now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by denns

A mask that feels nice on the skin, isn't drying and exfoliates, but doesn't really do....much. It's nowhere near bad, but its also not great. It's supposed to "pull out dirt and impurities", leaving your face softer, brighter and fresher. While it does leave your face soft, it doesn't really do much to rejuvenate...besides the fact that you just washed and exfoliated your face, which is rejuvenating enough. Although the mask feels nice on the skin (I personally like the honey and herb scent), it doesn't do enough for my skin to make me want to re-purchase.

Most masks are targeted towards problems like acne, dryness, aging skin, etc, and this one would probably only benefit you if you had very normal, young skin with just a bit of oil, no acne and just wanted to put a mask on for fun, and a little exfoliation. It does help to control oil, but you'd have to use it in the morning to see a benefit throughout the day. The ingredients are also supposed to be "stimulating", but even I have sensitive skin and this mask doesn't leave me red - a definite benefit! While not too terribly expensive, I don't find myself using it more than once a week at the most, and the product only has a 3-week shelf life. I can usually use LUSH masks for about two weeks past the exp. date and be fine though. Just something to keep in mind!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict96

For reference, I have combination, acne prone skin. I was having some trouble with breakouts and dull skin, and while I was at LUSH, the SA recommended this to me, saying it would be perfect for my skin.
Not..At..All..
The worst thing about this mask is the way it smells. It's a really overpowering and strong blend of honey and herbs. If the mask helped, I wouldn't complain, but it was useless. I bought a super tiny pot that lasted 5 times, and it was pretty expensive (even more expensive if you consider what I got).
The almond bits are exfoliating, but they aren't round, they're too gritty and harsh. I would compare this to the St Ives apricot scrub. It's dangerous to use products like this on your skin. Since the almond bits are so rough, they create microscopic tears in your skin! This is not soothing, it did not make my skin look refreshed / rejuvenated / glowy. My breakouts have not been reduced at all. It just inflamed them even more. My skin felt so dry, and I have a very oily t zone.
I will not buy this again. It's useless.