LUSH Brazened Honey Face Mask

4.1

Kaolin, Talc, Fresh Lime Juice, Sage, Rosemary and Juniper berry Infusion, Fresh Free Range Eggs, Honey, Glycerine, Fresh Fennel, Ground Walnut Shells, Peanut Oil, Bentonite Gel, Fresh Ginger Root, Fresh Parsley, Fresh Coriander, Ground Tumeric, Ground Cardamom, Clove Bud Oil, Ginger Oil, Vetivert Oil, Juniperberry Oil, Perfume.

on 5/25/2014 3:21:00 AM

I love lush and have always used their products and the other day a sales associate there recommended this to me. So I took the mask home and used it for the first time and out of all of the masks I have tried I would recommend this one 100% I could feel my skin tingling as my pores were being cleansed, it had a very nice exfoliating base and really brightened my face even after one application!!

on 4/7/2014 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have horrible (or had) horrible hyperpigmentation. I bought Fresh Farmacy, Enzymion, and this mask to try and do SOMETHING for my ailing skin. I've been using these products for two weeks now and I kid you not my hyperpigmentation (which was purple and covered nearly every inch of my cheeks and chin) is reduced by about 70%. While the soap and the moisturizer are good, I am convinced it was the brazened honey that did it.

on 4/6/2014 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This was the very first LUSH Fresh Face Mask I tried, because it seems to be one of the most popular and most reviewed, and at the time I was having some congested pore issues that I wanted to target.

The Brazened Honey mask is specifically targeted to skin with clogged or congested pores.

Pros: This is definitely the most effective Lush mask that I have tried. It feels a little more powerful than some of the others. I like the smell; it has an herbal, slightly ginger smell. I also like the grittiness of it when I am scrubbing it off. I alternate this with another brand of mask and together the two really helped clear my pores out. I am plagued by blackheads in my nose and sometimes cheeks. This keeps my cheeks and chin totally clear. My nose ones are tougher to get rid of! This also temporarily does reduce the appearance of pores.

Cons: The texture is very thick. Because it was the first one I used I didn't realize the other masks were so much easier to spread! Of all the masks I have ever tried (Lush brand and other brands) this is the hardest to spread. I usually leave it out of the fridge for a minute to warm up a little- that seems to help. Otherwise, it is very stiff and harder to work with than the other masks.

Overall: of the 3 masks from Lush I have tried so far, I would repurchase this first. Some users have commented that this mask was too harsh for them, but I didn't have that problem. I think this is a great, deep-cleaning mask that is nowhere near as strong/harsh as masks from the Glamglow line or charcoal based masks. You should definitely moisturize after use to prevent skin from drying. I also would recommend using this 2x a week at most. I got 4-5 uses from the container that I purchased which obviously isn't a huge number, but I use a pretty thick layer of product. Lush is definitely an extravagance but I still enjoy it!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

My favorite mask! I've tried about 5 Lush masks and this is my favorite so far! I noticed brightener skin after one use! Definitely recommend, definitely re-purchase!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My first Lush purchase, I came in looking to try a mask because my forehead was breaking out all of sudden. They were out of Mask of Magnaminty and my sales associate suggested this mask because they seem to do similar things. It is pricey for such a little thing and they should be used within 2-3 weeks. I was surprised to find that you can get a lot of uses out of this tiny container, so much so that I asked my sister to use it as well. Well this is the problem, I don't want to use a face mask 2-3 times a week, especially if I want to use my other Lush goodies because it is a little abrasive to do so much to my skin all at once. It does make my skin feel really soft and fresh afterwards but most masks tend to do that. There is nothing wrong with this mask but it wasn't that special and I probably would not purchase another fresh face mask because of its short shelf life. Another thing to note, don't exfoliate your skin and then use the mask because it gives off a tingly sensation when used alone because of all the spices and herbs. I once exfoliated beforehand and it stung and burned so bad I almost cried!!!

on 3/22/2014 9:57:00 PM

I didn't experience the stinging/tingling that others have experienced. I really liked the smell of this mask. It has a light, clean, citrusy smell that I really enjoyed. The color is a grainy pale yellow, it went on pretty smoothly and dried quickly. My skin did feel really clean and fresh afterwards, but I didn't get the glow that other reviewers have seen. This was my first application and I left it on for only 15 minutes. I'm going to finish the jar, and update my review if I see further change at the end of the tub.

on 3/10/2014 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I'm a huge LUSH fan... I shop at the actually store when I can, because the closest shop is 40 minutes away. I order online frequently and love most of the products that I have tried.

I purchased this mask yesterday on a trip to the actual store. I typically go for my oatifx mask, but wanted to try something a little different, and I have also noticed some additional blackheads on my face (ew) and the sales rep recommended this for cleaning as well as hydrating.

Like most other reviews that I have read, it did sting on application and went away within the first few minutes of wearing the mask. I left the mask on for 10 minutes (it was completely and totally hardened on my face) and used hot water and a wash cloth to remove and further exfoliate because of the crushed almonds.

I was pleasantly suprised with how soft my face felt after the removal of the mask. I will most likely add this to my addition of masks that I use (along with oatafix and sacred truth). Give it a whirl. One thing about LUSH's masks and they are reasonably priced for the amount of product you get and need to use... :)

on 3/8/2014 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking for face mask that would brighten my face during the winter months, the lady at lush said this mask will do just that. Quite honestly I didn't notice any changes with my complexion it still dull, the feel of my skin on the other hand is another story, it's softer. I also noticed a lot of people wrote about how it stings, I thought it would be fine with me as I have no acne but clearly I was wrong, it stung. It goes away a few minutes but it makes spreading the mask very uncomfortable, also it dries quickly. The smell of course like is very nice unlike some of their mask, will I buy again? Probably not as it didn't do the main thing I was hoping it would.

on 3/5/2014 6:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was a pretty decent face mask. While it did smell good, I found the smell to be a little too strong at times. Too flowery and too perfumey. The warming sensation of the ayurvedic herbs in the mask was kind of uncomfortable for me. I'm not one for warming masks, so I should've taken that into account before I got it. But it did moisturize quite well and it doubled as a scrub when I washed it off, so that was nice. Still though, I don't think I would repurchase. My preferred moisturizing mask from Lush is Oatifix

on 3/2/2014 9:55:00 PM

After recently becoming obsessed with LUSH, I decided it was high time I try one of their face masks. I started off with the milder "Love Lettuce" and then switched to the "Brazened Honey". I am extremely happy with the product. My skin has improved drastically since I started using the mask (about 2-3 times a week). When first applied, it does sting a bit, but the sensation goes away very quickly. I only leave the mask on for about 10 minutes, and then remove it with warm water. Great product that leaves my skin glowing.

Popular Masks