November 24, 2014 | 1424 users online

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Germolene!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2008 10:02:00 PM More reviews by RunningWithThePugs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For years I have searched for a fragrance with patchouli that was also a little more sophisticated than the cheap oil you buy in import shops. I think I have it! Prada is a warm, multi-dimensional fragrance that slowly evolves on my skin. It stays close. I would recommend a light touch with this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 7:06:00 PM More reviews by susand

Upon first spritz, I got a huge blast of patchouli. Very interesting...
After a second it became Amber-lush, and reminded me of Flowerbomb. There is something in the undercurrent here that makes it unique. It is something softer. this makes it much more refined than Flowerbomb or Angel.
I LOVE the bottle with the silver description plate. Very classy and pretty to display.
The only negative I have is that this doesn't last on me! It becomes almost too soft. I have this problem with Stella too!
Will use this a lot in the coming winter months.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by goldenina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh how I adore this scent! Sweet but not sickenly sweet...simply divine..very sexy all year long!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Ciciban

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Prada is one of the few reasons why the thought of winter becomes somewhat bearable. Smoldering and sexy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 9:16:00 PM More reviews by slok87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This starts off very strong--so strong that I disliked it the first few times I sampled it. I would always sample it in the store, though, along with Prada Tendre, trying to determine the difference in how they smelled. This, along with the flurry of fragrances in the store, zillions of paper test strips and over-spritzed arms led me astray and I had zero interest in having much to do with Prada edp; however, I was miffed at how a brand world-renowned for fashion could just release a blatantly strong (if not unmemorable) fragrance. So I'd occasionally sample again, because I still didn't have a clear idea of how Prada even smelled. One day I couldn't find any fragrances I was very interested in and hadn't sprayed anything on myself; as an afterthought, as I left the store, I spritzed Prada on one wrist and left. As I was driving home, something began to smell so incredible. I couldn't remember what fragrance I'd worn that day, and then I remembered the Prada. Inspected my wrist more closely with my nose and found that it had turned just intoxicating and I couldn't get enough of it. I carefully avoided washing that wrist and couldn't get the smell out of my head for days; I was hooked and purchased a full bottle shortly after.

On my skin, this is warm,sensual, sweet and delicious. It's slightly woodsy with soft edges of amber and delicate underpinnings of patchouli, but really not strong or overpowering; it snugly envelops my skin and is definitely a cold-weather bundling-up fragrance. I understand why people would shy away from this--I did too--Prada edp can be kind of scary at first, but it's really not a screaming powerhouse fragrance. This is a beautiful oriental, but if you're not a fan of orientals or if they all tend to smell the same to you, this is possibly not a fragrance you would enjoy. (I've noticed that a fair number of people tend to lump all orientals as smelling like Angel; I'm not sure why this is (I do have some theories) but to me, this smells absolutely nothing like Angel (I actually dislike Angel).

Bergamot Oil Italian, Orange Oil, Bitter Orange Oil, Mandarin Flower, Mimosa India, Rose Absolute ABS, Schinus Molle ABS LMR, Peru Balsam, Patchouli Oil LMR, Raspberry Flower, Labdanum Resinoide LMR, Tonka Bean ABS LMR, Vanilla Absolute, Musk, Sandalwood Oil. continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Two thumbs down! For such an elegant brand, I am surprised Prada decided on Patchouli! Ick. I am not about to spend a bunch of money to smell like a dirty hippy. Stinky. Gives me a headache, too.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Lveangel86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ugh, I really wanted to like this after hearing all the hype about it. I think it smells too much of patchouli and sandalwood; two aromas I don't like. It has a long lasting power because I couldn't get this off of me even after scrubbing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2008 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A nice intense warm amber scent. It lingers for a long time an so it can get irritating. I'm lucky to carry off amber fragrances.
However i remember The Green Lady Soap's Ambre del Nepal that smells similar to this or along the same lines. I haven't tried many amber perfumes but Auric Blends Amber is also cheaper alternative with less sweetness to it. You can also mix a little vanilla oil and that smells similar to Prada! Sorry to the Prada fans!

Update (10/10/2008): I sprayed some on today in the dept store and it is lovely but since it gives me a headache i wouldn't purchase. Sigh as it really goes well on my skin into a soft sweet incense.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2008 5:03:00 AM More reviews by lillie_munster

First of all: i am really looking forward to wearing Prada in autumn and winter! This scent is so enveloping and warm, i still can hardly resist to wear it now but i guess it's already too warm here (it's July and we don't have a/c in most houses and office buildings!!) most of the days.
The overall impression is that of an Angel clone without caramel and chocolate but there is so much more to it than that:
the patchouli is extremely nice and softly done (softer than in Angel, to me), a gentle version that mingles with the most beautiful sandalwood, no doubt but what comes in the drydown is the most lovely and lavish labdanum which i adore!!
The florals in the top and middle are very weak on my skin (no mimosa here but jasmine which is not listed officially!!), what i do get most are woods and resinous notes, rooty even although there's no vetiver listed. The benzoin gives more sweetness in the base than tonka or vanilla but they're there, still much less sweeter than in Angel, again.

The official notes (according basenotes) are:

Top Notes
Bergamot, Bitter Orange, Mandarin, Mimosa Absolute.

Middle Notes
Rose absolute, Indonesian Patchouli, Patchouli Absolute.

Base Notes
Labdanum, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Indian Sandalwood, Benzoin Resinoide.

It was bound to happen: i love it! It's already on my top ten list and a complimented one!

The Prada Tendre was not an option for me, after all. I have NR for her if i want subdued patchouli with florals and musk. And that's just fine and doesn't need another clone!!