July 30, 2014 | 2048 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

It smells great- like blueberries and works well with my sensitive combination skin. It did a good job at removing oil and calming down redness. It's definitely one of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Pupnut5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ideal for tired sensitive skin. I use this mask often & it never fails to calm down my red blotchy skin. I've used this twice a week for over a year as its both effective and affordable. All natural ingredients which is nice as it gives my skin a chance to heal chemical free. I highly recommend this mask to anyone that has dry sensitive or red skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive tried every single lush fresh mask out there, stored them in fridge, used them exactly as im supposed to, thrown them out when supposed to, but i have an allergic reaction to every single one, every single time, i just cannot use them, theres something in them that dosent agree with my sensitive skin :( does anyone else get this with the lush face masks at all? Definately wouldnt recommend for those with sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a freebie after I returned 5 containers at Lush. I'm so glad I chose this mask. The smell is great, it's calming yet exfoliating and left my skin looking and feeling like I'd had an expensive facial!
My only complaint with this is that the pot is probably not the most hygienic but it's a small complaint and definitely won't stop me using the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Kariibex

This product left my skin feeling much softer and fresh after the first use. Also smells quite lovely, and lingered the whole day. However, for some reason it left sort of a powdery layer after I washed it off, which was also visible on my fingers and in the pot when I finished the product. This was the only concern I had with the product, but asides from that...worth a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Do8666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

*SHORT SUMMARY; THIS IS A LUXURY / CALMING MASK*

This mask is made with fresh blueberries. It smells a little bit like calamine lotion and blueberries, with a hint of citrus and rose. It goes on smooth, and not clumpy. It immediately gives my skin a cool, calm relaxing feel. when I use this mask, I just want to lay back and enjoy. It goes great with cucumbers over the eyes. It gives my complexion a temporary clear and even toned appearance, I'd say for a day or two. I have combination/oily skin, It does not dry out my face, and it does not moisturize it either. It's a mask great for any skin type. I'd say it's more for a luxury feel. Great for days you just need a "pick me up" or even for a relaxing girls day.

BASIC INFO ABOUT ALL OF LUSH'S MASKS:
The masks are made of natural ingredients, and are not tested on animals. They come in a 2.1 oz jar, with a screw top lid. The jar is recyclable, and the store offers a program where you can return 5 of your empty jars in exchange for one full mask of your choice. Each mask cost's a little less than $7. You get about 5 uses from one jar. Each mask is typically good for about 2 weeks from it's packaged date. Each jar is labeled with a package date, and expiration date. These masks are to be kept refrigerated. Typical recommended use is 2-3 times a week. I do not recommend purchasing more than one mask at a time, as you will end up wasting product... It will expire before you can use them all up, unless you plan to use one jar everyday for a week.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by kikibutternut

This product is amaaazing! I walked into lush and asked the person for a face mask that would tone down redness, remove excess oil, and be okay ,maybe even help a bit, with my extremely sensitve skin. This does it all. The blue of the mask sticks to the fine hairs on your face (not noticable) throughout the day, making your face appear less red. I had a shiny patch of skin right between my eyebrows that wouldn't go away no matter what face wash, scrub, or mask I used. But after using this just once, it was totally gone, and has only appeared a couple other times (while I was testing others products; not using this one). Lastly, it is hard to find a cleanser that won't irritate my eczema. This didn't. It even healed most of it up! This product is a miracle worker.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by krispykreme90

I decided to buy this after the suggestion of the sales rep at LUSH who was serving me. I asked for a face mask that could help my acne/blemish prone skin and she suggested Catastrophe.

I had high hopes after using another one of Lush's face mask (can't remember the name, but it was a garlic based one - and yes it did reek very bad :S). That mask wasn't incredibly effective but it did leave my skin smooth.

Anyways, Catastrophe had a really nice blueberry fragrance and it felt smooth and soft and I like how you can see the actually blueberries :) I would leave it on for about ten minutes after it would become really hard, making it impossible to move my face lol.

I would notice the redness in my face was more calm and less visible and it would leave my face smooth and soft. I prefer to use this mask when my skin is at it's worst as it's a great healer <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've bought this about four times now and I am so glad that I discovered Catastrophe Cosmetic! I really like Lush, but their employees bother me with their fake nice-ness so I rarely go there unless there's something specific that I really want.

ANYWAYS. I have oily/acne-prone skin and when I use this my skin looks better than ever. It doesn't have a bad smell and it doesn't sting. It's a little expensive for the amount you get but I only buy this every once in a while when my skin is looking a little haggard. The jar says it lasts about ten days I think, but I've used it past that and it was totally fine.
I love that it's a blue color and that you can see the blueberries in it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Yuminnie

This fresh mask is amazing! I have combination skin with oily t-zone and some dry areas sometimes around the rest of my face. I usually have redness on my cheeks and some annoying pimples and blackheads. This mask made my skin feel like a baby's skin, really soft! The redness was almost all gone and my skin looked awake and healthy! I recommend using this after showering, I used this after a soft exfoliation and the results were amazing! The smell might be a bit strong inside the package but when you put it on your face it's really gentle and nice.
The only thing i don't like about it is the price. It's quite expensive for something that only lasts you about a month but I'd repurchase because it's a really good product!