November 28, 2014 | 1790 users online

Polishes - OPI - Cajun Shrimp

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

There is a reason Cajun shrimp has been moved to OPI classics. It's a shade that is perfect for spring, summer, and fall. It is a creamy, opaque coral/orange/tangerine cremé finish polish that is perfect bottle color in only two coats, as expected from OPI polish. over seche vite base coat and topped with seche vite quick dry top coat, it wears like iron for days. I rarely have to touch this polish up, I only change it when it grows off or I get tired of the same color after a few days. a++ rating on this one!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cajun Shrimp is a very bright orange on me, not coral, I am not crazy about orange toes, unless you have a really dark tan. This polish reminds of the neon bathing suits in the early 90's. I have only worn this a couple of times. Since I do not sun tan anymore, it looks horrible on my pasty white feet. Now, since I am so white, I tend to wear darker colors...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This OPI color is a lovely creme mix of red, orange, and pink. It's very bright and looks beautiful as a summer pedicure color. I'm very fair (but tanned now) and cool toned and I love it, but I also think it would look good on darker and warmer toned ladies as well. It applies very smoothly and is opaque in two coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by LizSaysSo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This polish is turning me into a raving lunatic. I can't stop pointing at things! For me, that's the sign that I've found a new top shade.

The orangey, reddish coral of this polish is to-die-for gorgeous and sickeningly flattering to all skin tones. I'm pale as can be, and it makes me pop. My friends with darker complexions are equally thrilled with how it brightens their tones. I've never seen this color before, which is a comment most polishes strive for, but few receive. It's like an almost-neon strawberry cream.

I'm surprised by comparisons claiming Cajun Shrimp is somewhat of a dupe for Essie's Cute As A Button; not only is Cajun Shrimp much deeper and brighter, but it blows Cute As A Button (a color I like quite a bit) out of the water.

As expected with OPI, the formula is impeccable: thick without being goopy, long-wearing without requiring an hour of remaining completely motionless and highly-pigmented. One layer really was completely sufficient to achieve an opaque splash of color.

I highly recommend Cajun Shrimp for Spring and Summer. In fact, it's my new favorite color!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by vmalenfant

Great color, stunning coral-red, I bought it last year but it is still in style for this summer. The only thing, I think it is a kind of ''young'' color not so office friendly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by kdmass

This is my HG red. Love this color. I'm very very fair with blonde hair, and classic reds never looked right on me. Cajun Shrimp is so warm and vibrant, it's definitely more of an orange-based red. But it looks amazing with my complexion. Year of the Dragon is a very similar tone. Will definitely repurchase when my bottle runs out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

A great red-coral for spring & summer. Polish stayed on my nails for almost a week before it started chipping.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another one of my favorites in the Coral family. I love it because it's bright!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by ambuchanan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my go-to Summer nail color.I think it compliments everyone's skin tones and is gorgeous for vacation or just sitting in class or at work. And it also makes me smile.

I've already gone through 2 bottles and will definitely be buying more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My salon was having a sale on brighter colors now that it's getting colder, and this one caught my eye. It's a bright coral/orange/red color, with no shimmer at all, which I love. I think this would look gorgeous on toes in the summer, I can't wait to wear it when it gets warm again. The consistency is excellent, two coats and it's completely opaque (although you could probably get away with only one). Love it!