OPI Cajun Shrimp

4.6

on 8/26/2011 11:52:00 AM

Cajun Shrimp is a brilliant color. That is, if you can get it to stay on your nails for more than 24 hours. Even with a full manicure, base, top, & adequate drying time, I had chips the next morning before I even got dressed. ANd this goes for all OPI polishes, which is a big turn-off factor for me: the fat, clumsy, polish-clumping brush. Not everyone has a 90 inch wide nail bed! For pedicures, I don't even bother with the stupid OPI brush, I just use an art supply store thin paint brush to do the job properly and neatly. Why OPI is a salon favorite beats the hell out of me. Sure, the colors are great, but the brush is bad and the polish just doesn't stand up to daily life in itself. To me, that's not worth $8 a bottle. Realistically, any nail polish at some time is bound to chip. That's a fact of life. But to me, OPI isn't worth the price for the lousy application brush and going through all the trouble of a full manicure only to have it chip before you even get dressed the next day. There are better polishes out there, Essie, for one. And even good old Sally Hansen Diamond Hard.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The perfect Summer/Fall colour! A bright red with orange undertones. Beautiful!

on 7/16/2011 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm so obsessed with this color!!! So creamy and bright!! I cant get enough of this. In the bottle it looks reddish orange but on my toes its an orange/coral color. Its really an awesome summer color.

on 7/11/2011 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

There is a reason Cajun shrimp has been moved to OPI classics. It's a shade that is perfect for spring, summer, and fall. It is a creamy, opaque coral/orange/tangerine cremé finish polish that is perfect bottle color in only two coats, as expected from OPI polish. over seche vite base coat and topped with seche vite quick dry top coat, it wears like iron for days. I rarely have to touch this polish up, I only change it when it grows off or I get tired of the same color after a few days. a++ rating on this one!!!

on 7/2/2011 4:17:00 AM

Cajun Shrimp is a very bright orange on me, not coral, I am not crazy about orange toes, unless you have a really dark tan. This polish reminds of the neon bathing suits in the early 90's. I have only worn this a couple of times. Since I do not sun tan anymore, it looks horrible on my pasty white feet. Now, since I am so white, I tend to wear darker colors...

on 6/17/2011 12:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This OPI color is a lovely creme mix of red, orange, and pink. It's very bright and looks beautiful as a summer pedicure color. I'm very fair (but tanned now) and cool toned and I love it, but I also think it would look good on darker and warmer toned ladies as well. It applies very smoothly and is opaque in two coats.

on 6/9/2011 1:19:00 PM

This polish is turning me into a raving lunatic. I can't stop pointing at things! For me, that's the sign that I've found a new top shade.

The orangey, reddish coral of this polish is to-die-for gorgeous and sickeningly flattering to all skin tones. I'm pale as can be, and it makes me pop. My friends with darker complexions are equally thrilled with how it brightens their tones. I've never seen this color before, which is a comment most polishes strive for, but few receive. It's like an almost-neon strawberry cream.

I'm surprised by comparisons claiming Cajun Shrimp is somewhat of a dupe for Essie's Cute As A Button; not only is Cajun Shrimp much deeper and brighter, but it blows Cute As A Button (a color I like quite a bit) out of the water.

As expected with OPI, the formula is impeccable: thick without being goopy, long-wearing without requiring an hour of remaining completely motionless and highly-pigmented. One layer really was completely sufficient to achieve an opaque splash of color.

I highly recommend Cajun Shrimp for Spring and Summer. In fact, it's my new favorite color!

on 5/11/2011 10:22:00 PM

Great color, stunning coral-red, I bought it last year but it is still in style for this summer. The only thing, I think it is a kind of ''young'' color not so office friendly.

on 4/20/2011 12:09:00 PM

This is my HG red. Love this color. I'm very very fair with blonde hair, and classic reds never looked right on me. Cajun Shrimp is so warm and vibrant, it's definitely more of an orange-based red. But it looks amazing with my complexion. Year of the Dragon is a very similar tone. Will definitely repurchase when my bottle runs out!

on 4/8/2011 3:55:00 PM

A great red-coral for spring & summer. Polish stayed on my nails for almost a week before it started chipping.

Popular Polishes