LUSH Cupcake Mask

3.6

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Perfume

This is my first mask from LUSH. It's a good mask if you have combination to oily skin. It helps with oil control and really makes the skin feel clean. It smells like chocolate mint. The mask is a little difficult to spread on my face and can leave lumps. It feels nice on the skin and has a cooling effect. It gets pretty messy when I'm washing it off but my skin looks better after I use it. As for it helping with acne, I don't notice it helping. I get pimples sometimes but when I use this mask when my face is breaking out it doesn't do anything to my acne. It's still a good mask though.

on 9/12/2013 4:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

It's no miracle. Didn't prevent my oiliness much. Didn't prevent or cause any breakouts. Only, after using this i felt a little more fresh and clean than the times when I only use cleanser. It does smell amazing, but a little too solid so it is hard to put on.

I think it is overpriced for what it does, in my country at least.

on 9/2/2013 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! Whenever I go into Lush I always come out with something and a remembered hearing a blogger raving about the fresh mask in Love lettuce. So I decided to give the masks a try. The people in lush are so lovely and come up to you instantly and help you in a non pushy manner. The best way to describe my skin would be oily with the occasion blemish if I don't combat the oils. The lady recommended cupcake which is good considering its the one I was gravitated to due to my love of chocolate. She said its good for teenage skin. Oily and spotty however not brilliant for acne prone skin as the cocoa can irritate it. I have tried it three times now and every time my skin looks brighter, matter and any blemishes appear less red and large. When washing the mask off I recommend using large circular motions and using it as a light scrub. I use it three times a week. I wouldn't recommend it if you have acne bi for combating oily skin, it's perfect.

on 9/2/2013 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

The shopkeeper recommended Love Lettuce or Cupcake, and I chose to buy the latter because the idea of chocolate and everything sweet appealed to me. This mask however was disappointing overall. It helped a little with the oil, merely taking the shine off my face. As for blemish healing wise, there was no effect. The smell is really strong and nauseating. It doesn't smell like chocolate, but a rather gagging rubbery stench. I guess I'm not the only one since my sister always complained about smelling it from across the house. I guess I'll try Love Lettuce next.

on 8/30/2013 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Lush masks are most definatly my favorite masks to use, and Cupcake is simply delicious. This was actually the first one I had ever tried and that was seven years ago! Still love it even though my skin has changed since then. It smells incredible, of course. When rinsed off, my skin is left clean, smoothe, and bright. I usually massage it in circles when rinsing for a bit of exfoliation. Just a perfect pick me up mask when your skin feels a bit congested. I'd highly recommend.

on 8/16/2013 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this mask. It changed my skin. I have oily/combo skin and it sucks up the grease, evens out texture and colour and makes you generally glowy. I live for this mask.

Plus, it smells like you could eat it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is the first mask from LUSH I've tried, and I thought it'd be perfect for my skin type (combination-oily / blemished) but it really didn't do anything for me. I loved the smell of it, and it made me feel like I was at a spa. It felt nice on, but that was about it. I didn't notice any changes in blemishes or anything.. I actually prefer my clay masks from the drugstore. I might try another LUSH mask, but I wouldn't repurchase this one.

on 7/2/2013 5:51:00 PM

After a shower i applied this before bed, left for around 20 mins then rinsed off, skin felt beautiful and dry for once!.. but woke up in the morning with really oily skin :( so I've started using this 2 hours before I get ready to go out, do some ironing or whatever while you wait! but thats the way I get the best out the product! no having to use blotting paper when out, Great stuff! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

before I begin, i have a feeling i got a defective product

firstly, this does not smell like chocolate , maybe it was just mine but it smelled like honey instead.
also i have acne prone skin, and i did not see ANY results. i had high hopes for this one, im looking to try cosemetic warrior next. crossed fingers for this one !

once again maybe i got a defective one , but i would get a sample before purchasing

on 5/31/2013 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I adore this mask. I'm a huuuuge fan of Lush and definately a loyal customer. With that being said, Cupcake is one of my staple items that I always have to have. I think I'm on my 5th or 6th tub by now, haha. Anyways, this mask is great for people with oily-acne prone skin. Since Lush has a variety of wonderful face masks for all different skin types, I would only recommend this to people with oily or acne prone skin. If that isn't you, then definitely try something else. Trust me, there's something for you! And if you're overwhelmed with all the choices just talk to an associate. Lush has some of the greatest and helpful employees!

For me, I've noticed a decrease in the oilyness of my skin overall due to this mask. If I have a breakout or feel one coming, I'll dab this on the spot and let it sit for about 20 mins. Or if necessary, I'll apply it to my entire face. Once it dries I then wash it off, apply a toner, and then my moisturizer. My skin always looks brighter, clearer and smoother afterwards, and my blemishes usually go down in size/redness. I use multiple Lush products in my skin care routine and this is just the icing on the cake! I don't use it daily though.

(If you use Lush's Grease Lightening on spots after this mask you will see an even bigger difference in the appearance of blemishes. Such a fantastic product!)

For the price of $6-$7 you can't go wrong! Oh and the sales associates at Lush will tell you that this lasts for up to 2 weeks, but if you keep it in the refrigerator like you're supposed to you'll easily get up to a months use out of it. Holy grail face mask!

Popular Masks