Philosophy Help Me

3.9

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Emulsfying Wax, Glycerin, C10-30 Cholesterol / Lanosterol Esters, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Retinol , Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate/ Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Peg-10 Soy Sterol, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methylparaben, Triethanolamine, Disodium Edta, Bisabolol, Bht, Polysorbate 20, Propyl Gallate, Ascorbic Acid.

on 3/5/2012 2:59:00 AM

I only use this at night time and only under my eyes i feel the tightness in the morning and my pictures come out really nice if i apply it the night before. I also simply wipe the papaya peel and clean my face one every 2 weeks and it works wonders.

on 1/13/2012 11:06:00 PM

I was a bit skeptical at first, but I had a 30% off coupon so I decided to give it a shot. I had some problems in the first two weeks with over-drying, but I just skipped a day when my skin was feeling tight and the adjustment was pretty smooth. Week two and three I broke out in pretty nasty acne, but it cleared up pretty well by week 4. It caused a bit of dandruff right along my hairline, but nothing too severe. The metal tube makes it easy to get the product out, which I really appreciate! With how much this stuff costs, I don't want any wasted by the packaging!

All in all my skin is softer, smoother, more even and relatively clear of acne.

UPDATE: The acne returned a few weeks later, and went back to its usual cyclic hormonal-based pattern. I got more cystic acne as well. I switched to Alpha Hydrox's 10% AHA gel (since retinol is not considered safe for pregnancy and my husband and I are considering a child) and have been getting AMAZING results for a quarter of the cost and with none of the irritation.

on 1/12/2012 6:51:00 AM

I've used almost an entire tube of Help Me and do think it leaves my skin somewhat softer and clearer (more emphasis on the softer aspect). The metal tube packaging is good for keeping the retinol active. I'm just careful not to crimp it too much to avoid breaking it. Unlike some retinol products, it doesn't have a terribly strong odor and I didn't find it drying or irritating. I do have combo skin that gets periodic breakouts, but this didn't give me any problems. It is expensive, but I'll probably repurchase if I don't find any other OTC retinol product I like better.

on 1/8/2012 11:40:00 AM

Have been wanting to try this for a while as I've read so many good reviews. My main purpose was for anti-aging as Retin-A is way too strong. I had tried Miracle line prior (serum, retinol pads, miracle cream) and it was fine. After 5 days of use, I didn't notice any difference. By day 6, my skin got sensitive and red in some areas. My cheeks also got really dry and crepy looking. I have normal to dry skin and now that it's winter, it gets a bit drier. However, some products can cause my skin to break out around my chin even though I'm in my mid-40s. I don't have any deep lines and barely have any fine lines. I didn't have any problems using Philosophy retinol pads (used almost nightly) so I was surprised that my skin got sensitive with Help Me. Had to stop using it. Will probably try using every 2-3 days and see how that goes or just on my neck. Overall, didn't do anything for me but will finish the tube without repurchasing.

on 12/18/2011 3:05:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

skin: acne-prone for 10+ years, combination/oily with dry patches, redness, large pores on cheeks, hyperpigmentation/scarring

i have started using this a little over a month ago, and boy oh boy.. IT WORKS. usually i'm never sure if something works on my skin, after many years of trying out different products (expensive, cheap, prescription only) i almost gave up on finding something that really does work on my adult acne.

well, at first i was using this product only 4 days out of the week. why? i'm not sure.. maybe i just wanted to not be too harsh on my skin with the retinol. but i noticed that the time when i don't use help me, i get at least one cystic acne pimple somewhere on my face. when using help me again, it pretty much disappears over night.

i sometimes cannot believe how fresh and almost even my face looks after a night of using this product. i started using this 7 days a week now and my skin keeps getting better every day.

i was never able to look into the mirror in the morning and think: wow, look at you!!.. but now i can. i swear, this thing is a true miracle.

oh, i use this with:

purity cleanser
microdelivery exfoliating face wash
on a clear day all over acne treatment (where my face tends to break out the worst: my jaw line)
OACD spot treatment (if needed; usually during my period)
& normaderm's non-comedogenic oil-free moisturizer

on 12/13/2011 8:24:00 PM

I bought Philosophy's Help Me cream to use on little wrinkles that are developing under my eyes, and after first using it I noticed that it made my skin feel really dry. But I thought, it's all good, I'll give it a month or two and see what develops! Long story short, I do not recommend this as an anti-wrinkle cream. It actually increased the number of wrinkles under my eyes WITHIN THE MONTH to make them deeper and more visible. I'm still moisturising like crazy under the eye, but it seemed to sap all the youthfulness out of there no matter what.

However, I definitely recommend this as an anti-acne cream! I used it on a pimple by accident and it disappeared overnight. I had a little acne scar/red spot that's been on my cheek for a long time that I always had to cover up, but after dabbing some of Help Me on there overnight for the last week or so, the size and colour has visibly diminished.

So in a way, I'm happy, but I'm not happy. I'll keep using Help Me for acne/scarring but there is no way it's going anywhere near any potential wrinkles ever again.

on 11/15/2011 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this product! I have sensitive skin, but this works amazing for me. It has helped get rid of old acne scars better than anything I've tried and helps clear my skin. I LOVE this product!!!

on 10/27/2011 9:13:00 PM

I have sensitive skin and this really irritated my face to the point of breaking out in burning hives. Had to take benedryl to calm it. I used it for three days and had to return it cause it kept getting worse.

on 10/19/2011 6:14:00 PM

WOW this product has done wonders for my skin. I have noticed significant improvement of my skin's overall texture. I have large pores in my T-zone and have noticed size reduction, as well as improvement to some old acne scars. A little expensive, but a wonderful gentle retinol cream.

on 10/19/2011 12:10:00 PM

Okay as a college student on a budget, I was *very* hesitant to try this cuz I have never spent this much money on a product before. But let me tell you, it works WONDERS on under eye circles, and one tube lasts a LOOOOOOONG time. I've been using for about 3 months, and I prob still have about a month's worth left. I wasn't using it for wrinkles , but more for skin discoloration. I noticed that my breakouts would go away almost immediately when i put this on overnight. I dont break out often, I get hormonal breakouts, but when I did get the pimple at that time of month, it went away with this stuff usually by the next day. My pimples always leave red acne marks as well, and when I started using this they definetly starting lightening up faster. I'm not buying again, just because I'm always on the look out for trying something new. I stopped using it a few days ago, and I'll update if my skin takes a drastic turn for the worse, but overall it's a good product, and I would definetely reccomend for older people as it did work well on the lines i had under my eyes.

Popular Face Skincare Products