April 21, 2014 | 1227 users online

Treatments - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by babyaimy00

I first started using this product 4 years ago. At the time I was 20 so I did not have wrinkles but had enlarged pores and cystic acne all over my forehead and chin. I found this product, applied peasized amount on my face, and went to sleep with it. My skin would start clearing up in a week and with continued use, skin would remain clear. I definitely recommend this product. For some odd reason, I stopped using it for about 2 years now and started using alpha hydrox products with glycolics instead. My skin while using alpha hydrox remained acne-free, but became red and my enlarged pores returned. Last week I decided to go back to using neutrogena healthy skin antiwrinkle cream and I'm seeing reduced pore sizes after just 3 days of use. Never again would I try to find a replacement for this fantastic product ever again. If any of you have acne, please give this a try. It saved my skin and does what it promises. Just remember to wear sunscreen with at least spf of 30 during the daytime. You don't want your skin is burn.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by violetrunner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to use Oil Of Olay sensitive skin lotion with spf exclusively, and have been hunting for something less greasy for about a year. I recently tried this cream and the Walmart brand equivalent. I like them both - love the tube and the gentle retinol ingredient, but they are a bit different. I think I paid about $7 for the Walmart version versus about $11 for the name-brand, so not a huge difference. The Neutrogena cream is lighter and sinks into my skin really well, almost too well, and I think people with dry skin wouldn't find it moisturizing enough. Since it's winter, even I wish it were a tad more emollient, and I have skin that tends toward oily by the end of the day. The Walmart version is a smoother, more emollient cream, but it tends to sit on top of my skin and takes much longer to absorb. I also think the Walmart version has less retinol, so I feel like the Neutrogena is doing more for my complexion. I think my plan will be to use the Walmart version in winter and the Neutrogena in summer, and see how it goes. For now, this is my new daily face cream.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by tropicalchicko7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this product in hopes of repairing some fine lines around the eyes from some early sun damage/squinting..and also preventative anti aging. It was a reasonable price, and since i only use a little bit each time, seems like it will last quite a while! I've been using it pretty much every day for the past couple months. I can't see too much improvement, but it's there. I use a pea sized amount and then rub it in under my eyes, on top of cheeks, and on top of eyelids. I've noticed the texture on my cheeks has improved, along with increased hydration. I definitively think this is awesome for preventative measures, and slight fine lines. However I can't say how great it is for more serious skin cases. Overall amazing product and well worth the money. This is the only cream I've used that I've seen any improvement. (over all eye creams, face creams, etc) Will purchase again and hope to see more results in the future :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

One of my favorite eye creams I've been using it every night for the past year and I'm just now almost out,a small amount is all you need for both eyes. It is very hydrating as for an anti wrinkle cream I suppose I can't really speak about that as I'm 24 and don't have any major eye wrinkles that I need to diminish I'm mainly using this to prevent them. I got this for $10 at WalMart,its not a bad price for a good eye product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by GreenTea02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this product once at night (I have the night creme version with no SPF) right after cleansing my skin. I use a pearl size amount to cover my face and neck with a bit leftover for my hands. It absorbs quickly into the skin. Leaves my dry skin hydrated and soft. The retinol keeps my chin and forehead clear, but it does not cause flaking, dry skin to achieve this result. I also use it under my eyes and on my eyelids. I have yet to see the anti-wrinkle properties of the creme. I have fine lines under my left eye and no improvement (with the use of 5 weeks). I will continue to buy because it does a great job maintaining a clear complexion.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by busyatdizzy

My daughter recommended this for me. I have been using the "NIGHT" cream inow every other night for two weeks and I have seen results. For one, my pores are tighter. Two, my skin is less oily. Three, my redness is gone and I have more even toned skin. Four, my skin looks younger and more vibrant. I am more than pleased with the results I am getting wiith this product. And I will purchase it again.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by NaturalGirl1116

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This cream is amazing!!! I use this as my day moisturizer because it's very light and absorbs quickly. After using this cream for about a month I've noticed big changes in my skin. My complexion is brighter and more even, decreased redness, smaller pores, no dry patches, skin has cleared up, lines around my eyes and lips softened. I use less foundation now because my skin is in such great condition. Even when I take my make up off my skin is beautiful! I LOVE it!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Leajer424

I'm using the "Night" cream with no SPF. I was using Retin-a for years without much result for my acne. I've been on Accutane twice and was put on the Retin-a after my last round of it two years ago. My scrip ran out and in order to get another written, my derm said I'd have to come in for another appointment. I decided to try something OTC with Retinol (Retinal is a Vitamin A derivative like Tretinoin- the ingredient in Retin-A, but is supposed to be less strong).
I don't know if the Retin-A was stronger and more irritating and therefore exacerbated my acne, but this cream made a huge difference in comparison.
What's also awesome about it is that it's a moisturizing cream and, unlike Retin-A, I don't need to put a moisturizer on after it (another reason it may work better).
I rated the packaging with a 3 b/c the metal the tubing is made out of is weak, and if you squeeze it the wrong way, it will crack open...retinol breaks down in light and so it's important for the package to be opaque and not break open. I've learned how to squeeze it so that it doesn't break, but just be careful, and put tape on it or something if it does break open.

*Edit--I've stopped using this to see if it was contributing to clogging my pores. Plus, I want to see if my 30 yr old skin will balance out it's turnover rate on its own... This cream does have Cetearyl Alcohol in it, which is rated a 2 out of 5 on the comedogenicity scale. I used it for 2 months.

*Another Edit--Ok, so my skin broke out increasingly over the days after I quit using it. I started back putting a thin layer all over my face, and my face cleared up...not perfectly, but I don't think anything will do that for me. Apparently it's good stuff for me, and I'm going to continue using it.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by AshynDae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My skin has never looked better since I started using this cream! It's only been a week since I bought it, and already my pores look smaller, any acne I had has cleared up, and my complexion is noticeably brighter and healthier looking. I read Paula's review of this product, and even though she recommended it more for normal to dry skin, I thought I'd give this a try anyway. And it hasn't bothered or exaggerated my oily skin at all. Actually, it seems to be helping! I can't comment on how good it is at fighting wrinkles, though, because I only bought it for that fact that it contains retinol. I use this in the morning only and am always sure to layer sunscreen and a foundation with sunscreen over top so the retinol remains stable. And from my experience, I've found it to be really gentle; no irritation or redness whatsoever. And this is the first time I've tried a product with retinol. Definitely recommend this moisturizer, and am almost certainly going to repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by mederos1

I Looove This Cream !!
I have a couple of dark spots on my cheek area and after 3 weeks I have notice that they are Starting to fade five star rating from me