March 1, 2015 | 1992 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Instant Cuticle Remover

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a few years and am fairly happy. Works also to thin calluses on feet. Occasionally I feel that I need to do a second application, but that's rare (hence the 4). I do feel that my nailpolish lasts longer after I've used this to prep the nail plate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

This stuff is the real deal. I was looking at Walmart months ago for a cuticle remover because I used to have horrible cuticles from biting my nails all the time. I've had luck with some of Sally Hansen products before and I like some of the nail polishes also so I decided to buy this. I put this on after I remove my nail polish and apply it to my cuticles and pat with finger to work it in a bit. I only keep it on for a minute before I start pushing my cuticles back because this stuff will do some damage to your nails if you leave it on for a long time. It's so easy to push back my cuticles each time I use this. I wouldn't suggest using this more than three times a week because it can take a toll on your nails, but that's what cuticle oil is for to help with the downside of this. I haven't found a product better than this to push my cuticles back. I think the packaging and price of the product is great. The product is a light blue and has a gel like texture to it. the cap is white and easy to take on and off. The product isn't sticky or runny, it is just spot on. It's sanitary and the bottle will last me a long time. Will repurchase when I'm finished with this bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works for me! I use this maybe once every 2-4 weeks. I apply it before I'm getting in the shower, then I use a stone nail file to push my cuticles back and scrape off the dead stuff. It works great, I've never had any irritation and I even have eczema on my hands! I like the packaging, it allows for easy application and doesn't disperse too much. Also, a bottle has lasted me a ridiculously long time, maybe almost 2 years?! I may try either the Problem Cuticle Remover or Gel Cuticle Remover from SH when I finally run out. But overall I'm pleased with this and wouldn't hesitate to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by brudeza

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product. I have horrible cuticles. I like to soak it and remove with the nipper. Using this I dont need to soak and I usually leave it on for 30 sec to 1 min. The instruction tell will no longer than 1 min. It could harm your skin I dont know...
I never had a bad reaction. It works well for me. I love it!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I picked this up after reading though all the rave reviews and I definitely believe it lives up to it's claim. I used it according to the directions, which a number of reviewers mentioned is extremely important. I applied it to two nails at a time, pushed the cuticle back, and washed it off with warm, soapy water. My cuticles looked perfect after I finished. They weren't dry or peeling or anything, just perfect. I used it once every week or two and my nails looked amazing, however, after a few weeks I noticed they began to peel and break terribly. I tried switching my polish remover, base coat, and even using different polishes and nothing would help. My nails were peeling and breaking constantly. I finally stopped using this, and after a few weeks they were back to normal again. Unfortunately I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by samsungasong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was very happy with this product when I first used it yet in saying that, I haven't used any other cuticle remover to compare it to. I find that my polish is easier to apply & it gives my nails a more finished look. I will try another cuticle remover to compare & update my findings.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by goldandrubies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a decent product, but it pales in comparison to the Sally Hansen problem cuticle remover. It is not as effective. Somehow the problem cuticle remover is stronger and more moisturizing. I can't imagine why someone would want to use this one instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Katedutch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started using Instant Cuticle Remover just a few weeks ago. I give myself a manicure about 2-3 times per week and just started leaving a small "gap" of visible nail between polish and skin (looks extremely "polished" - no pun intended), so I wanted to make sure that my cuticles are clean and out of the way. This stuff works incredibly fast to remove my cuticles and is said to prevent problems down the road. I put the gel on the cuticle of each nail on one hand, and by the time I reach the last nail I can use a little nail stick to push away any cuticle. Works quickly and gently, nails look amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Feya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'll be brief, this stuff is great--does what it's supposed to, no side effects, it's cheap and easy to find. My search for a cuticle remover is over.....now on to other stuff :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by MelissaJuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is just amaaazing!
It does exactly what it says, no disadvantage, how often can you say that about a product? ;-)
Never had such an efficient cuticle remover, and I've tried quite a few.
My cuticles are rather dry and not really easy to treat, but this stuff does wonders!
I will definitely repurchase this until stocks run dry.