April 24, 2014 | 1724 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the largest size bottle of this with high hopes but I ended up being very disappointed and ended up returning it. It's too heavily fragranced and it clogged my pores around my nasal cheek area something fierce every time I used it, and I checked many times - the Bio oil was the culprit. I did not notice any difference in my skin tone. I think this stuff is overhyped. A few drops of my pure vitamin E oil and organic jojoba oil mixed together are both colourant and fragrance free, unlike this stuff, so I'll stick with that.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by thaouyen09

This product done any work for me. It doesn't fade my scars from acne or stretch marks. But I do love the smell of this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by CutiePieJeannie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like Bio oil, but i think it works kind of slow, don't like texture, & it was like my face got used to it after a while going right back to how it used to be

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by sleepsucks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's just mineral oil with fragrance. Next time I'd save my money and buy regular mineral oil. It just sits on top of the skin so I don't know how it would do anything.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by cleotokos

I've heard a lot about this stuff so I wanted to try it, even considering that I've heard it's kinda toxic. I used it a couple times then looked it up on Skin Deep, and it has a whopping score of 8! That's pretty bad. It does have retinol in it, and any retinol product will elevate the skin deep rating. Once I realized it contains retinol, I'll only use it before bed as you should never expose your skin to sunlight when you have retinol on it. Also retinol is not recommended for pregnant women, which concerns me as this is touted as a stretch mark treatment! Yes it contains mineral oil, as many have commented, but this is not actually harmful. There are other far more toxic ingredients in Bio Oil - look it up for yourself. A bit disappointing as I found it was a nice base for my MAC studio tech, it gave my skin a really smooth, hydrated, glowy appearance. Oh and by the way, retinol needs to be kept away from air and light, so the packaging on this product sucks. It should be in an opaque container with an airtight pump. I've only been using it for a few days so I can't comment on the scar reduction. I certainly won't be applying twice daily due to the retinol/UV issue so not sure if I'd end up seeing results on that anyways.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by YXXC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just say "No"! Bio-oil is marketing hype. Contains mineral oil which derives from petroleum (that's petrol to you and me), and do you want petrol on your skin? Exactly. Before I became Bio-oil savvy, I used it 3 or 4 times a day *commitment* for 3 months and my scars were all EXACTLY the same. Go for a decent oil that contains just that, oil, like Clarins, Darphin, Ren, balanceMe (sic) ... For more honest reviews, 'like' Face Up To It on Facebook, Twitter @YoCalliss, yocalliss.wordpress.com. Thanks :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Ubiquity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bio Oil definitely works for me. I've been using it for about 5 months on my scars (stretch marks on my boobies and thighs due to weight fluctuations, a couple of insect bite scars on my legs and a 3cm surgical scar on my arm), all of which I must say are now visually improved. Especially the stretch marks on my chest as they were quite old and prominent! I use Bio Oil twice a day (a drop on each troubled areas and massaging it for about a minute), right after showering after patting dry my body. I also find that it's moisturising enough for summer so I don't need to use any body lotion.

Another great use for Bio Oil that I recently found is it also works as an amazing makeup remover. Whenever I have slightly heavier makeup on, I'd massage a drop of Bio Oil all over my face (lips and eyes included) and use three drops of Avene Micellar Lotion on cotton pad to wipe it all down. It removes all traces of the most waterproof mascara / eyeliner and leaves my face feeling cleansed without being dry. I've never had any problem with breakouts with this and I don't understand why some people are bothered with the smell, I think it's really pleasant without being disturbing or overpowering at all. Best of all, for it's multi-purposes I find it very economical 200ml at £15.99 and long lasting as very little goes a long way (I'm barely using up half of the big bottle that I purchased for the first time).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by kwlev

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bio Oil definitely works. I bought this because I had dark marks on my face from acne and uneven skin tone. The results were almost instant; most of my dark marks faded away within a few weeks and my skin tone evened up a bit. After about 1 month the effects started to slow down and there hasn't been much improvement. 4 months on and I still have a few dark spots and my skin's abit patchy but I still use Bio Oil because it gets rid of new dark spots that appear, not the old ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Roxy2323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's a pretty good product (however, it's not quite the "god-send" that people can make it out to be.) That being said it's pro's are: 1) Great for moisturizing!
2) A little can go a long way
3) Makes skin soft and supple
4) Very slightly reduces stretch marks/scars (however the newer the better!)

The negative's are: 1) Doesn't reduce older stretch marks (even after continuous every day use for 6 months or more.) Not going to lie, that was a real bummer, since I had lost over 50lbs 3 years ago & had/have horribly bad stretch marks on my tummy (which are slightly faded now at least, but def still noticeable) Lol, bikini's will just never be for me, if it's not one thing, its another lmao.

2) In the summer I've noticed that because my skin is naturally oilier (in the winter I tend to have dry sensitive skin) that it will make my skin break out in combination with all the excess oil that I naturally produce in the summer. So, if you naturally have oily skin just be careful and maybe use it a little less frequently, try it out and see which regimen works best for you. In the summer for me instead of using it everyday I had used it every other day. That seemed to slightly tone down the breakouts during the summer.

Overall it's worth a try, especially because everyone's chemistry & skin are very different from one another & you never know, you might end up getting even better results than the last person. It's worth a shot though and good luck everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by hellokatie1618

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love love love Bio Oil! This is a godsend when my eczema flares up in the winter. Nothing else moisturizes my stubborn skin. I don't recommend this for you though if your skin is not terribly dry. This is definitely a winter staple, it helps juicy up any dry spots before makeup application. You do need to wait a few minutes for it to skin into your skin, and if it isn't sinking into your skin, definitely put on too much.