October 26, 2014 | 903 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I'm on my second Shimmering Sands palette. I LOVE it! The shades are so versatile. I was using the middle color on my lid, running the darker from my crease up to my brow bone, and using the lightest pink under my brow and on my tear duct. I have since changed out the middle color for CG's Tapestry Taupe. It fits right in with the SS palette, and in my opinion looks better on the lid than the center color.

I have used the darkest shade as a contour color and wet as an eyeliner. I have used the middle shade to fill my brows (doesn't look shimmery once applied in the brows) and I've used the lightest shade as an all over highlighter on the tops of my cheek bones, down the center of my nose, and on my cupids bow.

This is an awesome palette. I highly recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by SC2493

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this trio after reading that it contained a dupe for Urban Decay's Naked e/s (apparently it's the first e/s in the trio). The shadows are of decent quality but the colors won't suit a lot of people. If you are NC37 or darker, these probably won't show up very well on you. You'll have to really build the color up. Overall, I like these shadows. They are pretty neutral shades, but I probably would not have bought this trio if I didn't need the dupe.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by marydlsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the first product I have given 5 stars to. I LOVE THIS EYESHADOW KIT! It looks really good on me, blends well, and has good staying power. I work 12 hour shifts and so I'm basically doing my makeup while I'm still half asleep, yet I cannot seem to mess this palate up. It looks good with very little effort, and the shimmer works wonders to make my eyes look awake and bright. Great buy. I sincerely hope this trio is around forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this for days when I want a natural look. It gives an amazing glow to my eye area and blends fairly well, though I don't care for the sponge tip applicator. It basically sucks and doesn't help with blending. All I need is mascara or eyeliner to add more depth and I'm set. It is very affordable and can be used to highlight

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by mdntstar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Today was my first time using this trio, even though I bought it a long time ago. Let me just say this trio is amazing and gorgeous. I use the middle shade all over my lid, the darker brown in my crease, and the last one on the right as a brow bone highlight. I absolutely love this trio!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by CurlyGurly555

This trio is great for beginners! Very neutral shimmery colours.

The first highlight shade is a very shimmery white-champaign color. Great for the brow bone or inner corner. The only "bad thing" is that it can be too shimmery.

The second color is gorgeous! It is like a really light coffee color with again shimmers. I like to use this as and all over lid and it has almost no creasing, which is great.

The last colour in this trio seems like a medium-dark brown with shimmers, but when applied to the lid or swatched it is very similar to the second colour, just a little bit darker. personally i am not a hudge fan because its too light for a crease but I prefer the second colour for the lid.

Overall this lives up to the name of "shimmering sands" but may be a bit too much shimmers if used at the same time. This is not a trio I would use for a whole eye look.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by seacolourr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great drugstore eye trio! I usually only use higher end eyeshadows because they're usually better pigmented, and last longer on the eyes, but this trio is quite the exception. I absolutely love this. Especially in the mornings for work. Great colors for the office. Super pigmented and great color combination.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favorite neutral pallete! Slap me twice and call me Sally, but I think I like this one more than Walking on Eggshells. The two are relatively similar, but to me, Shimmering Sands is a bit less chalky (WoE isn't that chalky, but SS is less so), has a better brown shade, and it has a huge winner of a highlighter shade. No, seriously, the highlighter is what makes this palette for me. It's SO versatile! I use it on my brownbone, down the bridge of my nose, under my eyes, and even on my cheekbones (I apply it with a blush brush there). It lasts ALL DAY.
Some cons, though: The packaging is balls, and the six dollar price tag is more or less evident of just paying for the name- the packaging and amount of product don't warrant any higher than about three bucks. Something else that might be a con, but doesn't bother me: these shadows are very shimmery. I mean, one should expect that due to the palette's name, but ya know. I prefer shimmery shadows (they make my eyes seem more three-dimensional than with mattes), but others may not like the shimmer.
Other than my little gripes, this palette is goshdang wonderful. Totally worth a shot!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This is a cool toned palette, which looks nice on my blue eyes. However, the shadows are too soft and blend out to the same shade. Hardly any pigmentation. Same issues as with the Cafe Au Lait trio.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Beautiful cool toned everyday neutrals:

-Left shade is the warmest of all 3, bronze brown with gold shimmer
-Middle is a soft taupe, with silver shimmer (most wearable for me)
-Right is a pearlescent pink, appears silver on me

I use the Left in my crease & outer v, the middle as all over lid & right as a higlight under my brows & inner tear ducts. I've used the Left shade under my lower lash to smudge as liner, the middle shade alone as a wash of color, & the right on the bridge of my nose & cupids bow so MULTI FUNCTIONAL.

When I first tried this trio I was disappointed at the pigmentation & wondered how tan/dark skin girls raved of it since it barely showed on my NC25 skin. Then I realized its meant for a daytime, soft, barely there look, to enhance effortless beauty. If your looking for a smokey, bang, cut crease look this isn't for you. This palette has grown on me & I keep it in my purse/car to touch up & get a quick polished look. 3 simple shades in 1, very handy!