July 30, 2014 | 1678 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe - Beauty Marked

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Gltrbug

This eyeshadow is deceiveing - it looks so pretty in the case making you assume it applies a deep shimmery burgundy color but it's actually black with burgandy glitter (go on the MAC website and click on the eyeshadow swatch to see a description of the shade). Applied dry or over a light base the glitter does not really show up. It sounds weird but if you use a black base (paintpot or gel eyeliner) and pat the eyeshadow on top, the glitter shows up vibrantly. Either way its a deep smokey black.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by MakennaRuddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this colour! I think it is so beautiful and bold! The only problem I had with it, was that the eyeshadow looks so beautiful in its case, but when you go to apply it, I find it doesnt match what it looks like in the case, I find when I apply it, it is still beautiful, but it appears more dark and has more black to it instead of red/purple tones.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by rvdiaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I will start off by saying that I gave this 3 lippies because of the price AND the actual product, if this product was like half the price it is now, this would have 4 lippes and I would repurchase but since it is expensive and I actually found some awesome Wet N Wild dupes for this I will not repurchase, but heres my thoughts

PROS
1. This shade was so unlike any shade I have seen before, it is a smoky black INFUSED with pink metalic glitters.
2. No fallout at all, it was very compact (thats the only way i can describe it) you will not see excess powder after swatching it, which means you won't waste shadow
3. VERY VERY PIGMENTED I know some people have said that it applies black, for me i just had to build up on it a couple of times to see the pink glitters
4. Great packaging (As always with MAC)

CONS
1. It cost 14.50 (which I will admit I did not pay for, it was actually a gift from a friend who buys MAC products often but I fell in love with this product soooo much it hurt just to know that it was $14.50 for this ONE shadow)
2. Though you pick up a lot of product on your finger or applicator when actually swatched it goes on a tad light so you have to really build up on it to get the color payoff you want, which is annoying especially for a "high end" product.
3. The texture was not smooth, I found it a bit rough, just imagine feeling the texture of the pink glitters.

OVERALL
It's a great color with no fallout but like I said before i found perfect dupes for for it at a fraction of the cost

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Blackish dark reddish with sparkles. Kinda has a mysterious look in the pan. Looks nothing like it does in the pan. When you put it on it comes out like Black Tied but not even a good Black Tied. More ashy and the sparkles don't show up so well. If you want a black eyeshadow get any black eyeshadow. I should have gotten Trax because I was hoping the reddish purple colour would pop more. Hate it with a passion. I tried to make this work for two years. Different bases and different eye primers....some work, some don't. But overall it's just for dramatic dramatic eyes. I wore this maybe 4 times. Not worth the money at ALL! Perhaps if I was a professional makeup artist I'd have figured out a way to use this more often or use it properly so that it looks like what you see in the pan. And I got fed up I cracked the shadow and will use the package for my B2M freebie. WASTE OF MONEY if you aren't an over the top make up girl.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by paradoxia1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm very cheap uni student and At first I felt really guilty and irresponsible for having just spent 11.50 GBP on an eyeshadow that was basically carbon with a faint bit of purple shimmer in it. but I'm glad I bought it, I like it :) . It goes on less harsh and blotchy than carbon and it gives me this great 'bombshell' look if I put it on my lids alone, which is how I usually wear it. Its very wearable ( I'm NC43 ) Best of all that purple shimmer doesn't end up all over you face ( *cough* *cough* urban decay. ) . make sure you try it on/ swatch because you're in for a surprise... that purple shimmer is barely noticable.. its basically just a purprish black ! x

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by AEdmondson99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was beautiful in the pan, but once I put it on, it was just black, not beautiful burgundy flecks like I was hoping for.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Fotze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this eyeshadow quite some time ago and I hardly ever wear it... When I bought it, I thought it looked beautiful in the pan. I just wish that's how it looked on my eyes! As others have said, I'm sure I could do some work to it to make it "work" but it seems like too much work to make it work, lol. But as it is on its own, it's very chalky and hard to blend. Definitely one of my least favs out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by jessicak61

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was gorgeous in the pan. But as previous posters noted, on the lid it looked like a light black. Very little glitter, if any. I returned this the same day. I read here that I can make it work with other colors, but I'm not willing to do that much to make a color 'work'. There are plenty of other colors that do what they should.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by anna0banana

Beautiful colour!! It is a very dark (almost black) purple with pinky-purple shimmer. I like this colour for when you want to do a dramatic smokey eye but want to tone it down a bit from the black, change it up a bit, or add a bit of colour without looking clownish. I personally use this eyeshadow regularly in wet form and apply it as eyeliner on my top lash line with an angled eyeshadow brush. I think this colour is gorgeous for brown eyes (from experience lol) but would probably work with any other colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by annabanana111

Gorgeous color. BUT, I must say you DO need a black base. Or else its extremely muddy and diffucult to blend. You'll definetely see the true color with a black base :)