Lancome Tresor

3.4

on 6/12/2012 11:34:00 AM

I don't know about re-formulation etc but this is one of my favourite fragrances. It's sweet, mature, light-hearted. However I consider it to be for people 40 +. Because it has that matureness, that settled down, comfortable vibe in it.

on 6/12/2012 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Sweet, strong, and peachy. Love it!

on 5/27/2012 3:06:00 PM

This smells like spice and dirt...Tresor in love is much better!

on 5/10/2012 8:58:00 AM

LOVE this so much!! My mum bought me a tresor set for Christmas and i love it soo much. The smell is so sophisticated and elegant. I am always more attracted to a more mature elegant kind of scent rather than you typical young woman's flowery scent. I love how tresor has hints of both roses and vanilla my 2 favourite scents!!

on 5/4/2012 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It`s a good definition to call it spicy+sweet/floral... the smell of it literally sting in my nostrils, but is very sophisticated. I like to wear it on winters. I feel like i`m some other mature and elegant lady and not me when i smell it through the day, it`s quite interesting, so i wear it for that reason.

on 3/25/2012 5:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Where do I even begin? There's a peachy note mixed in with a spicy note that tends to come and go-this fragrance is a trainwreck. The peachy note's too sweet and the spicy one's suffocating.Together, they're even worse. Smelling this fragrance reminds me of smelling an elderly lady who couldn't keep out of the ashtray; you smile politely while at the same time pondering how long you can hold your breath before you pass out.

This perfume makes me sick to my stomach. This is definitely on the top of my "Worst Perfumes EVER" list. All I smell is the amber, vanilla, and a hint of a really synthetic peach smells. The amber really overpowers the perfume. I really hate amber, so maybe that's why this one just wasn't for me.

on 1/20/2012 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Tresor is a gorgeous light, musky, ambery - romantic scent. Not old lady..but, not teenager either. Always smell clean and warm with this Tresor. Sexy!! Men love this scent!

on 12/31/2011 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to like this perfume alot. My skin chemistry really used to bring out the sandalwood and rose. This was an Italian style classy perfume to me. Having worn it in my late 20's, when it first came out, and now having purchased it again, at 48, I detect a reformulation. This one used to be a little drier and I did like it better back then. I wonder if all of these classics are being referenced by many people as "dated" because the reformulations have altered these once-delicious fragrances, leaving them with an odd after-taste. Too bad about all of the reformulations, which have tainted many of my favorite classics. Some are still "good", others make me want to cry, but I've yet to come across one that smells better post-reformulation. Many of the synthetic ingredients that have replaced the once-natural ingredients, I think are not compatible with our human body chemistry, IMO. I think the perfume chemists have more work to do in that area. Many of the new reformulations seem to turn sour and odd. Then again, maybe it's just me and my own body chemistry.

on 11/20/2011 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've worn Tresor since it launched, and way back then (1990?) I felt like it was just MADE for me. Everywhere I went people swooned and asked me what I was wearing. I wore so much of this stuff I probably suffocated flora and fauna for miles around...but, happily, now I know about becoming tolerant to smells and accidentally over-using perfumes. After all these years, I still think Tresor is one of the most beautiful fragrances I've ever smelled, or ever will smell. It's truly gorgeous on my skin, and it's still unique. Of course it's been reformulated, but the beautiful parts of it I so adore remain. I do notice that the lasting power is barely a hint of what it used to be, so I'm guessing that whatever caused its tenacity, also caused complaints about its strength. It seems like like an airy, gentle fragrance, so when your nose becomes used to it, it's very easy to overspray. I enjoy the lilac-tea rose-powder combination in the top notes, but the blend of amber, white woods, peach and tea rose in the drydown is what makes this exceptional for me. Tresor continues to draw compliments like crazy when I wear it, and I'm always amused at how shocked some people seem when I tell them they're complimenting Tresor. I know it had a bad reputation (sadly, my own zealous applications probably encouraged some of its criticism...) but, based on how many people have positive reactions to it when I wear it, I think its woes were caused by a small group with an overly opinionated, very loud voice. For me, nobody does rose as perfectly as Sophia Grojsman, and Tresor is one of the finest rose perfumes ever.

Popular Fragrances