December 18, 2014 | 1104 users online

Concealers - Bare Escentuals - Well Rested

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by joziel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this product, since I recently discovered and love the Bare Essentuals powder foundations and I've never used a powder under my eyes before (other than foundation/setting powder).

However, I've now tried using this product in many different ways and it just doesn't work:

On its own, it doesn't provide enough coverage. The light reflective properties are good, but the coverage isn't enough.

With a eye shadow primer underneath, it has great staying power, but it looks very artificial and like I am WEARING something! It also dries up the undereye area, causing fine wrinkles and creases.

If I use another product and then use this as a powder to set the other product, it falls into fine lines and creases and looks cakey.

Like many others have said, the colour was also too pale for me, which led to it again looking like I was wearing something.

Over all - bit disappointed. I had to throw it out, as it didn't even look good enough to wear on 'bumming around the house' days. Back to Garnier Anti-Circle roll-on or l'Oreal concealer (colour no 3).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this did not work for me because it gives me the reverse raccoon eyes or Kim Kardishian look. I think if you are fair then this will look lovely but for me it just looks made up. I prefer translucent powder like Laura Mercier or Tarte Amazonian Clay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

NC15-20 ladies with redness/acne marks, listen up! If you don't have this concealer, drop whatever you're doing and go get it right now. Forget using it under your eyes though, it's just ok. But it is phenomenal at hiding redness. I just buff this into areas that need it with a fluffy eyeshadow brush, and the scar is gone. GONE. And it looks so natural. A lot of times I skip foundation completely and just buff a little of this where I need it (mainly around my chin and nose) and it blends right in with my skin and doesn't look like concealer. When I'm trying to hide those bright red active pimples, I use my regular concealer on them, and then dust a bit of this on top to set it, and there is no discoloration peeking through whatsoever.

This is absolutely my secret weapon.

Bottom line, if you are pale a neutral to golden toned, this stuff might be just what you're looking for to hide redness on your face. Try it on your eyes too, a lot of people like it. I just prefer its coverage on the rest of my face.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

At first I thought this was the perfect concealer. Easy to apply, brightens...but then I noticed my undereye area looked horrbible! Dry, cakey, and with ines I didn't even know I had...definitely not the look I had in mind!
I kept it for use on my upper eyelids as a primer, seeing as I no longer had the receipt and couldn't return it.
Too bad- I would love it if I could find a nice, easy to use concealer like this that did not have those drawbacks!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Lionessque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS:
-excellent for an eyeshadow base
-not shimmery
-has spf
-great for everyday use

CONS:
-no sifter in packaging

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my undereye and concealer product. I have fair skin, Eastern European and love this stuff. Thanx to bare minerals I will never go back to liquid foundation. It's a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Toniau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have fair asian skin. At first, I didn't expect this product to work, as the color is so light and a bit yellow. After reading all the review, I gave it a try.

Although it didn't change the color of my dark eye circle back to the color of the surround skin, but interestingly, it did give me a "lifted-up" and youthful look.

my eyes looks bright, as if it is being highlighted. (even my cheekbone looks like being highlighted as well. )

Under bright light, it is as if my dark eye circle disappeared.

I have never been able to achieve this with other products (even BE's own concealer). So, I highly recommand it.

There is slight clumping and cakery effect when I first try it. With trial and error, I think this is these are the most important to ensure a nice coverage
1. well hydrated skin before application
2. remember to swirl --> to break down the powder into smaller particles
3. just apply small among at one time --> you can layer it up, but only small among at a time
4. you need to dust away the excessive powder before apply
5. apply by tapping it on to the skin

hope it helps

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really don't know what to make of this product.

I bought it over a year ago-- I was working extremely long hours, was very stressed, and wanted something that would help offset the deathly tiredness I didn't have time to sleep off. I've used it very inconsistently.

I'm very pale, so I don't have any issues with it giving me reverse raccoon eyes as others have complained. My biggest issue is that it can be irritating; sometimes, and I've had issues with it flaking or getting in my eyes. I'm usually in a rush when I apply it, so this could be user error, but for me, it's not a great product just for slapping on.

Occasionally I've tried using it to offset redness around my nose or an occasional blemish or two (of course with a clean brush!). It's very yellow so works fairly OK on small areas. It ends up being cakey, though, on larger areas, so I've learned to use it only very sparingly in that way.

I won't repurchase, only because I don't think I will ever have to! I've barely made a dent in it after a year. Sometimes there are gift packs where this comes in a smaller size-- if you are interested, I'd recommend waiting for one of those, because I honestly cannot ever imagine using enough to the product to warrant the full-size.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by LiL_Laurie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unimpressed with this product - I purchased after all the great reviews only to be dissapointed. It goes on smooth and looks great at the begining but as the day goes on it starts to look dry and cakey (worse than if I had applied no concealer at all). I tried with eye cream, without eye cream, light application, heavy application AND different brushes but the outcome at the end of the day was always the same - it started to look dry and cakey which made me look older, not well rested at all. :(

EDIT: although this product sucks for under eyes it is AMAZING for setting concealer/ having amazing coverage and lasting all day on a pimple- it is actually my HG product for that... so i added two lippies (but still not 5 lippes since that is not what this power is intended for).

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by sephorgasm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me. I love BE products, but I've found that I really need a creamy, MAC-type concealer for my dark undereye circles. This stuff just makes me look wrinkly and yellowish. I'm glad it works so well for other folks, though.