Mary Kay Acne Treatment Gel

4.2

Benzoyl Peroxide (5%), Other: Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Butylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Carbomer, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Disodium Edta, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Ethylparaben, Glycerin, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Poloxamer 182, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Silica, Sodium Hydroxide, Water

on 7/6/2008 5:54:00 AM

this is my HG acne product. that is, when it works for me. i used this in my teens and i managed to stay pimple-free until i got to college, i decided to give it a try again in my early 20s when my skin went through a major irritation with random breakouts. this worked like a charm, clearing up small problem areas as well as a big cyst-like pimple that refused to go away, just in time for a wedding i was attending! but i noticed that once my skin got used to it, it didn't work as well (and i use this nightly). i still like the fact that this has bp in it and it isn't drying at all, and just that will keep me buying.

on 5/29/2008 5:28:00 PM

i love this stuff! i use it every morning and night after i cleanse. i apply it all over my face to prevent pimples and makes the ones i do have go away. i have definitely seen a major difference in my skin. i recommend it to everyone and i will keep repurchasing.

on 5/2/2008 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this product is "okay". Sometimes it seems like it's working better for me than at other times. It's nice and light and when used for a couple of days on "spots", I see a a difference. Sometimes I feel like this does not work fast enough whereas sometimes, I think it works very quickly. It can be a little bit drying, but this usually only occurs when I apply the product several times a day. It is fairly inexpensive and overall is a pretty decent product.

on 4/15/2008 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

For now, this is my HG on the spot treatment. I broke out a few weeks ago really really bad all over the bottom of my chin! I hadn't got to use this product yet and it was just sitting in my drawer with all my other countless acne 'spot' treatments. I used this stuff and just rubbed a huge glob over my chin whenever I remembered througout the day. And, walah! It worked! The next day I saw a noticable difference. And, on the third day it was if my face was completely clear! I have also used it around 2 more times on those underground monsters that you can feel. And, it hasn't failed me yet. *knocks on wood* I have tried:
zapzyt
avon
dhc
clearsil
tea tree oil
proactiv
and none have worked like this!

on 4/7/2008 4:37:00 AM

completely useless on my face.. I don't know why, but this just doesn't do anything in terms of a spot treatment for me. I used it on blemishes and this just does nothing, doesn't help them heal quicker... kinda stings my skin a bit too. Thank goodness it was really cheap so I didn't waste too much money.

on 3/21/2008 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ok So I have a love hate relationship with this product. If I use it with the blimish toner and use it twice a day all over every day no acne, but.;... It kinda hurts your face nomatter what moisturizer you use. But using it as a spot treatement ya nothing. I have like 3 tubes of this stuff and when its gone good riddance theres got to be something better!!

on 2/15/2008 10:35:00 PM

Overall, as a treatment gel, (as distinct from a preventive product), I thought that this was a strictly standard product. It has 5% Benzoyl Peroxide, and the packaging is a typical acne gel tube, with a pointed applicator. Ditto with the texture, smell and feel of this gel, itself. Didn't really do anything for me. I think that I prefer the Avon Clearskin Eight Hour one, as far as treatments that actually perform are concerned. Basically, tested this once and wasn't impressed.

on 2/11/2008 3:51:00 AM

I haven't noticed any difference with this gel. As far as prevention i'm pretty sure this doesn't help to prevent my acne as I continued getting new pimples where I had applied this a couple days before.

on 1/19/2008 1:38:00 AM

The best one I've ever tried - doesn't make me peel, but reduces pimples for me overnight.

on 12/31/2007 9:25:00 PM

THis is one of the best BP products I have ever used. When I do get a pimple this applied twice a day clears them up fast. I will never be w/o this in my kit again!

Popular Treatments (Face)