Mary Kay Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Glycereth-26, Dimethicone,Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polyacrylamide, Nylon-12, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Propylene Glycol, Willow Bark Extract, Salicylic Acid, Laureth-7, Diazolidinyl Urea, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride, Phosphate. Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Betaine, Methylparaben, Butylene Glycol, VelocityTM Fragrance, Sodium PCA, Propylparaben, Sorbitol, Serine, Threonine, Comfrey Extract, Dog Rose Hips Extract, Camellia Oleifera Extract, Coneflower Extract, Sandalwood Extract, Meadowsweet Extract, Chaparral Extract, Golden Seat Root Extract, Cinnamon Extract, Proline, Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Lysine, Glutamic Acid

This moisturizer is great for spring/summer. It's very lightweight, doesn't cause any break outs, and works well under foundation. It's definitely not for those with sensitive skin, though. Lately my skin has been very dry and irritated and when I put this on, it burns pretty badly. Also, it doesn't provide enough moisture for me during the winder months, which is why I only gave it 4 out of 5.

on 10/14/2008 1:07:00 AM

i'm fortunate that my mom is a consultant.... this is the best moisturizer ever! so lightweight (lol) and silky. my husband uses and loves it too. we've been loyal consumers for many years now :) btw - i have normal/combo skin and this is perfect!!!

on 9/12/2008 8:25:00 PM

I love this moisturizer just as much as I love the velocity face cleanser. It's great! It really smoothes and moisturizes my skin while keeping the oil at bay.

on 9/12/2008 12:43:00 PM

Overall Rating: 2 lippies :(

Price: 1 lippie! Yay!

Packaging: 5 lippies! Yay!

I will NEVER buy this product again!

When I was in high school Velocity was very popular. We all used it because it was the cool thing to do. That lasted for about two weeks. We all started breaking out and getting blackheads. We wised up and went back to whatever we were using before. This is a lightweight moisturizer, it smells nice. It really made my skin sting and it made my face super sticky. It might be ok for people with incredibly oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awesome Product!
This product is definitely for more oily skin though.
If you have somewhat oily skin but want a day moisturizer to give you just a little extra suppleness and softness, then this is for you.
Its really lightweight, which I love since you can wear it under a powder foundation and your skin doesn't look as dry.
It doesn't really smell like anything and a little goes a long way. It quickly absorbs into the skin and leaves it feeling super soft.
I would definitely recommend it.

on 3/7/2008 10:23:00 PM

i switched from using proactiv to using this whole skin care kit and well ..lets just say disaster BUT i do think the moisturizer felt really nice and smelled good if only it was oil free for those of us that break out easy definatelly wouldn't recommend it to people with break out prone skin though as it was really not a good situation for me

on 1/23/2008 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i really love this product. first of all, it smells great. second this moisturizer is very lightweight. after using this product, i notice my skin is much softer and my face is much clearer. it also helps control shine. really great product.

on 12/14/2007 1:23:00 PM

I use this moisturizer year-round and I like it a lot. I used to use Clinique's moisturizer but I felt like it made my face feel greasy. (Maybe I was using too much.) And then I used the Timewise moisturizer from MK and that made me breakout. When I switched to the Velocity my skin clared right up. I find the light-weight moisturizer to be perfect for my skin. I am considering trying out another skin care line when I run out of my Velocity stuff, but if I don't find something else that I like better, I will definitely go back to this.

on 12/4/2007 7:26:00 AM

My grandmother is a Mary Kay consultant and gave me this for Christmas. I liked it at first, but eventually it started to break me out. It's not bad stuff, I just have my preferences. It is very, very lightweight and did not really hold up to moisturizing me well, and I also didn't really like the smell of any of the velocity things. I think that bothered me the most.

on 10/2/2007 5:43:00 PM

I couldn't stand this stuff, for such an expensive product it should have done more than just make my skin feel a tiny bit less dry. I like my skin to look heathey and vital after moisturizer use...not like I never wore anything at all.