Kiehl's Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream

4.1

Active Ingredient: aluminum chlorohydrate 16%. Inactive ingredients: water, isopropyl myristate, cetyl esters, propylene glycol, peg-75 stearate, glyceryl stearate, cetyl alcohol, ceteth-20, steareth-20, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, bisabolol, orange fruit extract, lemon peel extract, linseed seed extract, farnesol, quillaja saponaria bark extract, witch hazel extract.

I gotta say...this is wicked awesome stuff!!! Over the last few years I have gotten so frustrated with antiperspirants because of the buildup and not being to scrub it off my underarms and then causing a stink anyway because of the nasty buildup. I switched to using the crystal salt sticks and had great results with them for quite a long time. Then I had a baby...then he weaned and all my hormones went wacky and probably altered the chemicals in my smelly underarms too!! LOL! So I used an antiperspirant gel but it contained salicylic acid and burned the bejesus out of my underarms but it worked. I saw reviews for this deodorant cream and went and bought it the next day. I gotta say, I've been using it for the past several days and not one drip of sweat or stink!! And it is sooooo great that it doesn't stain my shirts or leave white marks on my black tops and it all washes off in the shower no problems!! I don't know why people are complaining about the application. You don't even need to touch the cream at all to apply. The tube itself is an applicator. I squeeze about 1/2" line onto my skin and spread it like I would a lip gloss tube onto my underarms. Easy peasy! I don't think it costs that much ($14CDN) and as long as it works for me this will be my HG...that is until my body decides this stuff won't work anymore on me.

on 3/24/2012 12:35:00 AM

i think this is going to be a staple for me from now on. after years of drugstore deodorant (secret, etc.), i love that it's unscented. it's a cream that comes out of a squeeze bottle, which is actually pretty easy to use after you figure out how much cream you need. i'm curious to see how well it'll work when it gets super hot + gross, but for now (70 degrees) it's working as well as the drugstore ones, so i'm pretty happy with it.

on 10/21/2011 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this deodorant and have no complaints about it. It goes on clear and DOESN'T STAIN at ALL! This is the only product I've found that holds its promise on clear application. YEAY for all of my clothes. It's fragrance-free and keeps my pits odor-less much longer than any deodorant I've used (include clinical strength ones). I've used Secret, Degree, Dove, etc. None compares to this.

Pros:
-strong but mild on the skin
-fragrance-free
-stain-free

Cons:
-$$. I spent $20 on 2.5oz of it. There's a smaller size available. It's definitely more expensive than other deodorants, but it's saved me $$$$ on the # of dress shirts and tops I've had to throw out cuz of pit stains cause by other deodorants.

on 9/10/2011 10:33:00 AM

This stuff is great. It is what it's name says. I took off one lippie for the packaging. If it were a pump or at least had a flip top it would be better. Would definitely buy again.

on 8/1/2011 6:29:00 AM

I really love this deodorant, it is really gentle and smells just a hint of citrus. When you use it you don't need much at all so it lasts forever.
I'm not a heavy sweater, but the only reason why i'm rating this a 4 out of 5 is because it does everything but doesn't completely dry your armpits but as for bio definitely no more. Also, i bought it in Australia for $22 and thought that price was ok... until i read that it's only $12 in the states!! Such a rip off in Oz as usual!

on 7/31/2011 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I went ahead and bought this! I do love that it feels gentle and moisturising to my usually dried out pits. Subtle if no scent at all. No stinkiness so far. Still, my main concern is how toxic it is, have you read all the warning labels? My previous deodorant was edible! But I'm a stinky lady so I'll use this cautiously and sparingly.
Update: Surprisingly I prefer my natural deodorant. Will use it up but won't repurchase. Found a new hg, Chagrin Valley coconut silk.

on 7/29/2011 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This is not only my HG deodorant, it's the only one that works for me. And yes, I've tried EVERYTHING. Prescription deodorant worked okay, but it caused a rash. The Kiehl's is so gentle I can apply it right after I've shaved without any discomfort or irritation. After I've applied it, I wait about ten minutes before putting on my shirt or dress, to give it adequate time to absorb. After that, no marks on my clothes, no sweat stains, no smells--yay!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am rating this deodorant as nothing short of a miracle product!

I work as a wedding photographer during summer and frankly I would not like to contribute to an image of a sweaty and stinky wedding photographer! So apart from looking well groomed and stylish (no black for me at the wedding, it is not a sad event and I am not waitressing there but doing a creative and intense work! ) I would like to make sure that I stay dry and fresh smelling all day long. And sometimes it can be a long and hot day even in Scotland!

The Kiehl's deodorant has proved to be worth it's weight in gold!

It does not have any scent so I am still able to use my regular perfume, but it keeps me dry and without any unwanted BO! After my first use I have actually sniffed my armpit when back at home at the end of the day and prepared to faint but there was not any unpleasant smell. Actually there was not any smell at all!

The cream is packed in a nicely designed tube (it is a regular deodorant size aka 50 ml but it somehow looks larger), with a tip designed in a way which makes it convenient and easy to apply. It is also NOT necessary to use a lot of it - I am using a pea size amount for both armpits. It does not itch even after shaving.

Pricewise I think it is quite reasonable for what you are getting (a good product that does what you want (in UK it is approx. 12) and Kiehls is always fab with their sample products so I got a hefty amount of sachets when I was buying this (but get it from the Kiehl's counter not from Space NK as they NEVER give any samples which is a shame).

After using this product and testing some more from them I am actually much more interested in buying some other products from that brand. If Space NK had such a policy I might have actually contemplated leaving them with some of my money but since they are so uncooperative (at least in Scotland) I do not think I will. I will walk directly to Kiehl's counter instead.

on 6/19/2011 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this product because it controls odor and sweat without causing irritation (ie. rashes, bumps/breakouts, darkening of the skin), it's unscented, AND for a cream-based product, it never transfers to my black cotton clothes. I believe this is the best of its kind if not THE best. So far it's the only non-drugstore deodorant/antiperspirant that I'll be willing to spend over $15 for, because it works so well.

on 6/13/2011 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

fragrance-free. long-lasting. comes in a practical tube packaging. very convenient. this is definitely my HG deodorant. 'nuff said.