August 29, 2014 | 964 users online

Deodorants - Kiehl's - Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 6:29:00 AM More reviews by tnt21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this deodorant, it is really gentle and smells just a hint of citrus. When you use it you don't need much at all so it lasts forever.
I'm not a heavy sweater, but the only reason why i'm rating this a 4 out of 5 is because it does everything but doesn't completely dry your armpits but as for bio definitely no more. Also, i bought it in Australia for $22 and thought that price was ok... until i read that it's only $12 in the states!! Such a rip off in Oz as usual!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I went ahead and bought this! I do love that it feels gentle and moisturising to my usually dried out pits. Subtle if no scent at all. No stinkiness so far. Still, my main concern is how toxic it is, have you read all the warning labels? My previous deodorant was edible! But I'm a stinky lady so I'll use this cautiously and sparingly.
Update: Surprisingly I prefer my natural deodorant. Will use it up but won't repurchase. Found a new hg, Chagrin Valley coconut silk.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is not only my HG deodorant, it's the only one that works for me. And yes, I've tried EVERYTHING. Prescription deodorant worked okay, but it caused a rash. The Kiehl's is so gentle I can apply it right after I've shaved without any discomfort or irritation. After I've applied it, I wait about ten minutes before putting on my shirt or dress, to give it adequate time to absorb. After that, no marks on my clothes, no sweat stains, no smells--yay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am rating this deodorant as nothing short of a miracle product!

I work as a wedding photographer during summer and frankly I would not like to contribute to an image of a sweaty and stinky wedding photographer! So apart from looking well groomed and stylish (no black for me at the wedding, it is not a sad event and I am not waitressing there but doing a creative and intense work! ) I would like to make sure that I stay dry and fresh smelling all day long. And sometimes it can be a long and hot day even in Scotland!

The Kiehl's deodorant has proved to be worth it's weight in gold!

It does not have any scent so I am still able to use my regular perfume, but it keeps me dry and without any unwanted BO! After my first use I have actually sniffed my armpit when back at home at the end of the day and prepared to faint but there was not any unpleasant smell. Actually there was not any smell at all!

The cream is packed in a nicely designed tube (it is a regular deodorant size aka 50 ml but it somehow looks larger), with a tip designed in a way which makes it convenient and easy to apply. It is also NOT necessary to use a lot of it - I am using a pea size amount for both armpits. It does not itch even after shaving.

Pricewise I think it is quite reasonable for what you are getting (a good product that does what you want (in UK it is approx. 12) and Kiehls is always fab with their sample products so I got a hefty amount of sachets when I was buying this (but get it from the Kiehl's counter not from Space NK as they NEVER give any samples which is a shame).

After using this product and testing some more from them I am actually much more interested in buying some other products from that brand. If Space NK had such a policy I might have actually contemplated leaving them with some of my money but since they are so uncooperative (at least in Scotland) I do not think I will. I will walk directly to Kiehl's counter instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this product because it controls odor and sweat without causing irritation (ie. rashes, bumps/breakouts, darkening of the skin), it's unscented, AND for a cream-based product, it never transfers to my black cotton clothes. I believe this is the best of its kind if not THE best. So far it's the only non-drugstore deodorant/antiperspirant that I'll be willing to spend over $15 for, because it works so well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

fragrance-free. long-lasting. comes in a practical tube packaging. very convenient. this is definitely my HG deodorant. 'nuff said.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 5:16:00 AM More reviews by characterarc

I like this stuff! I've been on a search for a deodorant that eliminated odors as effectively as Lush's discontinued Aromacreme (did an AMAZING job leaving me stink-free but it was d/c for a good reason - fire pits like whoa). I bought the 1.7oz size, which is the smaller size, at Nordstrom, for $12. I've been using this for a month now.

Great results from the start. No staining, no white marks, dries fast like others have said. I will say though that at first, for about two weeks, on one of my armpits it started to get sore and actually felt what seemed to be a callous underneath my skin. No doubt a reaction from the product. This did seem worrying, but this quickly went away when I reduced the amount of product spread on, and the callous-y thing went away and I haven't experienced a problem since.

You really don't need a lot for each pit - a pea size is good for each. Sometimes I'm lazy and don't apply this after I shower at night but I don't experience stink when I apply in the morning, and it remains that way throughout the day. I do sweat sometimes, so I do take one lippie off for that because it doesn't live up to its claims for that, but as long as I don't smell, it's all good.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by kutoto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have odor issue with my underarm which is embarassing. I have searched high and low from drug store brands to department store brands (eg. Fresh). Keihls is the ONLY one that works. If you don't want to smell you don't have to look anymore. Get this! I hope Kiehls never will discontinue this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by middlemarch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

+ Non-irritating, a very mild citrus smell, effective like no other deodorant.

- Pricey (but it's worth it!), bad packaging (I want to know how much is left), takes a while to dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by mogwai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Once upon a time I was buying a birthday present for my mother at Neiman Marcus and was being rung up at the Kiehl's counter. I saw the Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream and mentioned to the lovely SA that I had read great reviews about it but just could not see myself applying it with my fingers. She took off the cap and demonstrated on her hand that I could just squeeze it out and apply it to my underarms with the tube top as an applicator . Sold!!
I have tried every new deodorant that comes out and even the stuff from the dermatologist which did nothing for me because my problem is not sweat, it is ODOR!! Every time I am stressed (which is every day I work) I stink!! I have been using the Kiehl's every day I have gone to work since mid-March and it has not let me down!! It controls my odor issue !!
This is what it DOES NOT do- it does not cause my underarms to turn red or burn, itch , or break out into a rash, It does not stain my clothing and it does not have a fragrance.
I have plenty left because like the SA said, you do not need much and the tube should last at least 3 months or you are using too much, so I have not had to deal with trying to squeeze out all the cream which I am sure will turn out to be a big waste of product but I don't care because it is worth every penny to me!!
If you have an issue with odor that has not responded to other deodorants I urge you to try this because it works for me. I can't remember the last time I loved a product I tried so much!!!
EDIT: Here it is almost November and I am still in love with this product. I save it for my work days in case that old wive's tale about your body getting too used to a product is true! On no stress days at home I just use my Avon Unscented roll-on or Secret gel.
I did have to throw some product away because I could not squeeze it all out BUT I DON"T CARE! This is still my HG product, and it is still cheaper than buying deodorants that don't work and throwing them away (here's looking at you Secret Natural Mineral Invisible Solid )!