October 25, 2014 | 1526 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Magpie13

This is by far the BEST powder I have ever used.
It removes shine keeps it away for 4-5 hours without any cakiness or build up. I have seriously pale skin - Illamasqua shade 105/ Dainty Doll very fair. I bought 101 invisible matte which looks kind of dark beige in the compact but blends in flawlessly without adding any colour. A little goes a long way too so will last for ages.

Definately worth every penny!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by YADAYADAYADA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 02 Stay Neutral. I will never repurchase. It does the opposite of what the name claims. I swear this product makes me more oily and I'm oily enough thank you very much. The only thing I like about it is the packaging. I find the compact very hard to use with a brush - it just doesn't come off enough - but I don't like using the spongy thing it comes with. Also, as with two other Clinique products I've tried (Acne solutions foundation and Even Better foundation) it turns darker and orange on me. Why does this happen? I assume that's what "oxidizing" means. I'm beginning to see why it seems all Clinique counter people look orange all the time. Bizarre. I had high hopes because I really like Clinique's skin care products. Oh well, live and learn. I'm going to pass this is on to my niece and her friends.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by CStarr5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first department store pressed powder that I have ever purchased. It pretty much does the same job as the drugstore brands. I prefer this one though because there is no bothersome fragrance. The only con is that the price is a little high for a pressed powder that works the same as the drugstore ones that cost less than half the price of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by princessa00

I've been using this consistently for about 2 years, not because of its performance but because I haven't really been up to experimenting with products with my skin going through a problematic phase. The coverage of this powder is sheer to medium, and I don't find that it gets cakey. When my skin is mostly clear, the powder imparts a really nice, even finish. The problem is this makes me so OILY.. and it's marketed as a mattifying powder! I don't have super oily skin, but this really just makes my skin an oil slick. I'm not sure if the formula has changed, but it wasn't always this way. I wouldn't say it isn't worth a try; it might just react differently with your skin or moisturizer. Buuuuut I can definitely say this will be my last compact.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

$20 isn't bad for a department store powder, which is one reason why i decided to try this out. this powder emphasized my pores and dry flakes i didn't realize i have. it didn't keep me matte for more than an hour. so i returned it... the packaging is really nice and the price isn't so bad just to try it out. don't recommend for dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by ladyjessica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I currently use this powder now and love it. I am bad to forget to put powder on my face after I do my foundation and on the days I do I sure can tell. This powder sets my makeup great and I only need maybe one touch up through out the day to control the oil on my face. Keeps the oily look under control and my foundation in place.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by amandaeclark

Have this in 101 Invisible Matte. I really like it for touch ups. I do not apply in the morning - I prefer a loose powder to set my makeup. However, I have oily breakthrough on my nose after 4 to 5 hours and I use this. I blot the oil away first and then sweep this on my T-zone. It lives in my purse, and I will never be without it. It is not too heavy on my face and the match is really good.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not really a "I-want-to-look-made-up" person, because I like to look natural. This powder did exactly that! Not only is it smooth and barley-there, but it absorbs all oil and keeps your face fresh and matte. The packaging is sleek, green, and marble-like, coming with a mirror, cosmetic sponge, and tiny plastic sheet to separate the sponge and powder. I definitely recommend this to everyone with oily skin! (for dry skin it may look a bit caky)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by MaddyKate93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Bought this when my Clinique super double powder ran out.
The SDP was great, but it is a medium coverage powder so it ruined the finish of my Lancome teint idole ultra 24h... So I purchased this in Stay Buff, which is for pale ladies, and I'm really happy!
Mattifies and sets makeup perfectly. Couldn't ask for more in a powder, except perhaps longer wear? I have to retouch every few hours to keep oil away.
Other than that, great powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by sexylovie84

I have this in Stay Beige. bought on a whim to replace my pore-clogging maybelline dream matte powder. I LOVE this powder!!! It might be the best one I have ever tried. It doesn't oxidize on me, and the color matches perfectly! I use it over sunscreen and/or tinted moisturizer mostly on my tzone and I really like how it doesn't feel heavy and cakey like other pressed powders! I also like how it is sheer because I don't like the 'made up' monotone skin look. It sets my concealer under my eyes and any other concealed imperfections wonderfully! HG for me :)

** Update!! I have been using this for 8 months now, and I still love it! I can use it alone or over other stuff. It is still HG for me :) I actually bought another darker shade (stay brandy) to use as a dark, matte bronzer since my Hoola is too light. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE :)