September 15, 2014 | 946 users online

Brows - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Brow Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by poohlisey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was excited to get this hearing that it's waterproof. I usually sweat a lot on the brows so brow powder tends to fade quickly. I got this in taupe and it's the perfect match for my dark eyebrows, and looks extremely natural. I have thick eyebrows already, so I just use this to fill in my brows and it makes them look fuller. It's really pigmented so I only use a dot each brow with an angled brow brush to fill them and then I set them with Anatasia Tinted Brow Gel. This however, isn't waterproof but smudgeproof so sadly I won't be repurchasing once it's empty as I wanted something waterproof. I find that my eyebrow pencils are more water resistant than this, and also a ton cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by rsch94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is a permanent part of my daily routine. I'm a brunette, and purchased this is #25 Ash. It's cool toned enough to not look unnaturally warm but neutral enough to not result in a grey, ashy toned brow. Looks a bit intimidating in the tube, but it spreads to a lighter colour when used with an angled brush and may be built up for coverage of sparser areas. I use an angled eyeliner brush from Ecotools which works perfectly.

The wear on this is all day on me. A bit of fading is to be expected, but my brows are definitely more permanent feeling compared to using powders and pencils. I can comfortably touch my face without wondering where my brows may have migrated.

My routine with this product...
1. Sort out unruly hairs with a spoolie brush (from Sonia Kashuk).
2. Squeeze a small amount of product and spread it on the tube tip with my brush.
3. Apply to the ends of the brows where the product is needed most, gradually spreading to the tips.
4. Brush with spoolie again for a more natural finish.
5. Set with clear mascara (Maybelline Great Lash).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

# 25 Ash works good for light-dark brown hair, its one of the few Aqua Brow with no warmth to it. You really only need a tiny bit for both brows. I heard that this was hard to apply for some, but I thought it was pretty easy after a couple times. The trick is to apply it to the skin underneath the hair, not the actual hair. It's easiest to apply it with an angled brow brush like Mac 208. I love the tube, it's clean, and you can squeeze out as little or as much as you want. I brush my brows with a spoolie, apply the product, blend with the spoolie again, and apply some Elf clear brow gel. It's a lot of product for $20, and should last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by kasiecakes

I have almost black hair and medium yellow based skin. I purchased this is in 23 Ash. It is a muted dark brown, the second shade from the darkest color in this line (I forget the name of the shade). It is a gel/cream product in a travel friendly squeeze tube with a teeny tiny nozzle with excellent control. I only need a needle point drop to do one eyebrow with a slanted brush. I just use the Up&Up brush from Target. Really, any slanted eyebrow or liner brush will work with this. Staying power is fantastic and I don't need to touch up, even with 12-14 hour work and school days. I will be repurchasing (if I ever get through this tube, lol).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Perfect eyebrows. This took some time and practice to love it this much. Requires a really good (and small ) eyebrow brush I use mac 208. Took time to adjust to using the smallest amount, starting at the arch, etc. But it produces the most defined, clean eyebrow look ever. It's not as natural looking IMO as a pencil, but when I want the look of sharper more dramatic brows, this is the best. It really is waterproof, nothing has ever stayed put better. Wish I knew about it sooner.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by ChichiV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favourite brow products!

I have color 15,wich is perfect for my dark brown hair and medium asian skintone..

It's so pigmented and longlasting!
It looks like a small tube but this will last quite a bit.
This looks so natural,so don't be scared..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by slim5555

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am so glad I bought this, I have no idea what took me so long as I have been aware of it for years, and yes ladies it really does last all day, to the tune of 14 hours. I bought the Ash at Sephora, MUF does make 6 colors and Sephora carries three or four, I do use the tinted Anastasia brow gel on top but it is not necessary, just my habit.

But here is an additional tip, because when I squeeze it out I always have a little extra on my hand, so I take a small brush and use it as liner, bottom and top, I then use Chanel Epatant, which is a fabulous khaki/grey tone on the lid,then the Jordana, el cheap felt tip liner at the base of both upper and lower lash line, I finish with Fran Wilson's cake I liner in black and smudge. I know this sounds like a lot opening and closing of containers, but I have gotten very fast. You can find the Jordana $1.99 felt liner at Walgreens and the Fran Wilson liner on Amazon, FYI Wilson's cake eye liner has been a preferred cake liner for pro make up artists for decades, it too can double as both liner and shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been on the same tube of this for years and it's still going strong. I do not however use this every day. I use it when I have time and I go out. When apply lightly in small strokes this just gives the most believable look. I also stay put till you remove your makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by sadiemonster

My brows have never looked this natural. This is my HG brow product.

I have dark but really sparse brows with some totally bare patches, and I like full, soft and defined brows, so it's kind of a nightmare to fill them in. I make the most of what I have, but I'm really almost creating brows from scratch. If I match the brow product to my brow hairs, I end up with two dark, solid lines which look artificial and age my whole face, but if I go too light it doesn't look realistic.

MUFE Aqua Brow in Ash solves this problem. I purchased it online, and when I first swatched it on my wrist I thought "oh it's too warm, I'll have to send it back." My brows are quite charcoaly in tone, and this looked like a warmish medium-taupe. But I tried it on my brows and it looked EXACTLY right.

This is going to sound like a criticism, but bear with me: it actually goes on kind of streaky when applied with an angled brow brush. This is a good thing, because you can sweep it on in the direction the hairs grow and it somehow mimics the look of natural hairs.

Before this, I was using Shu Uemura's Hard Formula Eyebrow Pencil in Seal, which is a cult beauty favourite and personal beauty staple, but it's really designed for drawing over hair that is already there. If you're filling in bald patches or going for dramatic brows it's really time consuming. I then used to brush brow powder over the pencil and sketch in a few actual hairs with an ultra fine liquid liner pen. I thought my brows looked pretty natural until I tried MUFE Aqua Brow and now I think I'll be using that for the rest of my life.

Despite the waterproof quality (I haven't really tested this yet) it doesn't last as long as my previous (laborious) routine, but it's so much faster and easier that I don't really care. It certainly lasts all day, anyway.

My routine: I actually moisturise and apply foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear, old formula) right over my brows because they're so sparse that the Double Wear helps everything "stick." Then I squeeze a tiny drop of product on to my wrist, about the size of a pinhead, swipe a fine angled brow brush through it, and apply in short feathery strokes where I want my brow. It sets fast, so you have to work quickly, but it's surprisingly easy to get the hang of this. Then I squeeze a second drop on my wrist and do the same with the other brow. Voila!

I do finish off with the MAC Eye Brows pencil in Stud, by sketching a few "hairs" where there aren't any, just to make my brows look like they're, you know, REAL.

I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that every time I walked past a mirror for a few days after getting this product I stopped to marvel at how natural my brows look. Because they're not as dark and solid as they were when I used pencils and powders, my whole face looks brighter and fresher, and the attention is drawn to my eyes rather than the brows themselves. To compare, I recently tried using Bobbi Brown Brow/Eyeshadow in Saddle to do my brows, and while that is a GREAT product, the finished look was too heavy and nowhere near as natural.

I wish I'd discovered Aqua Brow sooner, and I hope they never change the formula, because I love it.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by agirlwithcakedupmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

All I can say is I wish I had tried this product out sooner! What a great eyebrow product!
I have medium to dark brown hair and I use the color 25. You only need just a little dot of product (smaller than a pea sized amount - maybe more like a lentil bean) for both eyes and this fills in the brow wonderfully and it does not budge all day. It's not too red or too green based like some other eyebrow products. It is just the right color for my skin tone and hair color (I'm NW25 for reference). I found the best way to apply this is to use an angled eyeliner brush. I am combo/oily and this really stays put. Since a little goes a long way this product is worth the $20 price tag. I highly recommend and would definitely repurchase again and again!