July 30, 2014 | 1450 users online

Body Scrubs - LUSH - You Snap the Whip Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 2:58:00 AM More reviews by tinathecookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love love love this! Yes it is a bit pricey for the amount of uses you get out of it (I only got 2 uses) but if you want a good scrub down with plenty of lather and awesome scrubbing power it's amazing! It's a lot like Aqua Mirabilis, but I like this one just that little bit better as Aqua can be a tad too harsh. The smell on this rivals aqua. I know a lot of people have been talking about how it is messy, and it definitely is (especially in a bath) but it can be washed away easily. I find this better than Buffy for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by boezoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smells wonderful, just like Sweetie Pie shower jelly; like sweet blackberries. It has very small grains of exfoliation, therefore not exfoliating enough for me. As I rub it into my skin I don't feel like it's scrubbing much at all. It is not moisturizing either, must use lotion after shower. It is deep purple & actually does stain my skin. I noticed when drying off after a shower that I had some purple streaks on my sides & I did wash off thoroughly. So, during the next few uses, I had to make sure to use a shower gel afterwards to make sure all streaks were gone. It is messy - does stain me & the tub. It melts incredibly fast - faster than all of the other body butters by far. I got 4 uses out of it compared to 8 from same size Buffy or King of Skin. It was fun to use & I'm glad I tried it because it is so unique, but won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2009 5:28:00 AM More reviews by SugarBabyRach

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I liked the scent and how moisturising it was, but it lasted no length, I used it twice. I found it too scrubby aswell which my sensitive skin didn't like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this scent. I used this with Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly, because they smell exactly a like. Very nice exfoliation but it's so damn messy. You get black all over you and the tube but it washes off easily. I liked it a lot.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by dysphoricmango

This is one LUSH product that did not work well with my skin. It's supposed to be a body butter but it made my skin EXTREMELY DRY. I used it a few times, and after each time, my skin would be SOOOO itchy even with moisturizer. I also wouldn't use it directly on the skin as a body butter because it'll leave a black residue on your skin leaving your skin looking kind of gray. I love most LUSH products but I think this product would better on individuals with oilier skin??? I definitely would not recommend this to people with skin on the drier side.

Update: I gave this bar to my mother and she left it by the window sill to dry overnight. The next morning, we woke up to a big puddle of black goo. If you decide to try this product, KEEP THIS PRODUCT IN A COOL LOCATION.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by veeveeaan

I can't believe this product doesn't have a higher rating! Yes I do agree that consumers should be critical of the products they are rating, but damn - I'd buy this product just for its scent! It is so delicious I feel like I could just eat it! The smell is very nice, and does linger on the skin for a while. What I appreciate about it is that it leaves my skin extremely soft and smooth. I see that some people have said that YSNW does not moisturize - it definitely is not an extremely moisturizing product, but what I love about it is that the small granules in it helps exfoliate dead skin cells thus leaving the skin silky smooth.
Also, number of uses: people who have used other LUSH products know that LUSH products aren't really designed to last. Firstly because they are all freshly made, and secondly because the quantity is usually quite small. I found that I made good use of LUSH products buy breaking them into small bits and taking sufficient amounts every time I use it. I agree that YSNW leaves a little mess in the bathtub every time you use it... however, it's only a little leftover of the granules in the product. Those are super easy to get rid of if you wash it off the tub straight after you get out of the shower and not leave it there to dry (which then makes it a tad harder to remove).
Overall, I'm definitely buying this product again, as it efficiently exfoliates my skin (even the horrible ones on the soles of the feet) and even if I just bought it for the smell, it would be so worth it! I simply cannot put in words how AMAZING the smell is - it makes me happy when I'm using it, and isn't that what's important when you're using a pampering product? :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by ninimercy

This is one Lush product I didn't expect to think much of at all, but now find it to be a once-a-week holy grail! I bought this at the Victoria, BC Lush store. It does make a bit of a mess in the tub, but when I rub this on my arms and legs, it leaves them so soft! NOT greasy, but soft! For reference I have tried Buffy, the one that everyone raves about, and found it to be too greasy.. I don't like feeling all oiled-up when I leave the tub, defeats the whole purpose of bathing. So if you're like me and Buffy was too heavy, give this one a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Sour

This is my first Lush scrub. I absolutely adore the way this smells. I find it very moisturizing as well. I dont think Id repurchase because I want to try out Lushs other scrubs.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2009 3:28:00 AM More reviews by pinkchinchilla

The best thing about this product is the fabulous fresh blackcurrenty smell! Gorgeous but you have to be in the mood for it as its quite intense. Its not an oily scrub bar so perfect for those who like to feel squeaky clean. I found it to be pretty scrubby, but not as effective as another Lush scrubs such as Sandstone. I like it, however, the mess in the bathroom is horrific....like someone's tipped thick Ribena in the shower tray ! Also, I would agree that it only lasts a couple of goes so is a treat product rather than a regular staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by iinfinityplus1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

You Snap the Whip is probably one of my favorite products, hands down. The blackcurrant scent is soo yummy, and my skin feels super soft afterwards. It does make a bit of a mess, and it doesn't last long(4-6 uses), but to me it's worth it! I buy this a lot.