August 22, 2014 | 2034 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by ECPienaar

I have recently just bought my 3rd set of meteorite pearls. The first I gave away as It didnt really give me that radience but since then I have bought the ltd christmas ones that come in lovely tins rather than the old card cases you see in the picture. I wear them pretty much everyday and I think they are a lovely way to set your make up while giving you a glow (but I think that the christmas ones are more illuminating that the everyday ones)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by inhyeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before buying this, I read in one review that this product was a 'king's new clothes' kind of thing, and I can't completely disagree with that.

It's certainly on the expensive side (paid 35 for it in House of Fraser), although it lasts a long time - I'd say a tin should be enough for half a year or more.

I have this in Teint Rose. I love that it gives a lovely silky feel to the skin. However, I can't say that I noticed any kind of 'glow' when using it - it looks quite matte on me. Perhaps it's because I have dry skin. It does set my foundation/BB cream nicely - it doesn't rub off at all (I hated the smudges on my phone screen before!). It most definitely doesn't look glittery in any kind of lighting. I have noticed stray flecks of glitter on my face from time to time, but that's maybe 1 or 2 on my entire face, and really tiny - hardly the 'disco ball' effect some people have mentioned.

What it doesn't do is give any kind of coverage, so if you're looking for something to conceal blemishes, this is not for you. It's also translucent, despite the coloured balls - the only way you'll get any colour from these is if you rub the balls directly onto your skin, but even so it won't be obvious. This makes me wonder whether there's any kind of difference between the three versions (I guess I'd have to part with an extra 35 to really find out.)

The tin packaging is very pretty, and the balls themselves are aesthetically pleasing. The product has a sweet scent to it - candy? Violets? I personally love it and find it really relaxing, but if you don't like scented cosmetics in general, you will probably find the scent quite offensive.

The reason I'm giving this 4 lippies is because I love touching my face after applying it. It feels so smooth and soft, almost as if I've got perfect skin (which I don't). Visually, though, it doesn't do much for me at all. The product is a joy for me to use, so I love it and would repurchase (I want to try the other shades). It won't give you any miracles, though. If at all possible, try it out before buying, because you may be disappointed otherwise.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by kolbaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

disappointed. it definately should be prohibited to use by gals with oily skin. all it does is basically cover your face in tiny pieces of glitter which are noticeable close-up but are not clearly visible from 0.5 metre away onwards. yes, it looked nice on but nothing special, i couldnt see the amazing healthy glow that others swear by. this is not mattifying at all, and having an oily face - adding shimmer/ glitter to it doesnt help at all! it looks 3 times more oily/shiny than getting an oily face without meteorites on. also, this glitters like a disco ball in the sun, "christmas-sirit styles". The smell is nice, to me it doesnt smell like flowers/violets but rather like something clean as in washing powder. the pretty can of meteorites is now just a decoration for my dressing table.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by JLB2005

Bought these meteorites based on MUA reviews but am quite disappointed. I just don't see the subtle glows raved about by some others. Yes, it is pretty, smells nice and imparts a very gentle shimmer, but I see no benefit of this product whatsoever. Sorry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by claraflo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought these in Beige Teint, the new formula housed in the silver metal tin. Let me start by saying that I only would not repurchase because they are a duplicate product for me. There is nothing to complain about in the products performance, packaging or purpose. I wear Guerlain's foundations in #02 Beige Clair, and this version of the meteorites is perfect for me. The balls are lilac, peach, beige and white. Although the colour of them really is redundant since there is no colour payoff anyway.

Sold as an illuminator I really think they will fall short in that category for most people. If by illuminator you want something that will give you an obvious pale sheen in a specific part of your face, the meteorites will not do that. This is actually a finishing powder that yes does add a subtle luminescence, but for the most part gives a satin sheen that hides pores. And here is why I won't repurchase. I already owm Guerlains Les Voilettes fishing powder so I don't really need another one. Both for these powders do exactly the same thing. Hide pores, give an airbrushed finish and provide a very subtle satiny sheen to the skin. If you own the meteorites you will not need a finishing powder for your foundation. It's worth noting however that there is zero coverage from the meteorites and I seriously doubt they even out skin tone regardless of what colour the balls are. It's a translucent finishing powder best applied with a large soft brush.

The meteorites are such an iconic item for Guerlain that they will never retire them, regardless of how redundant they may be in the product lineup. The new formula is a lot softer. Previously you needed a fairly stiff brush to pick up the powder, but any soft synthetic brush of a decent size will work just fine now. The tin comes with a latex sponge inserted, this isn't for application purposes it's to stop the balls from breaking during transit.

I love my meteorites just because they are so pretty and prettily packaged.I don't regret buying them but there is no need to own both these and a finishing powder as well. One or the other will do. Guerlains powder formulations are very consistent across the line. They all hide imperfections and give glow in the same manner, you are safe with any of them. as with all Guerlain products they smell like candy, fragrance haters beware.

The meteorites would make a fabulous first makeup piece for a young girl, simply because they are so pretty and at the same time, extremely natural and light on the skin. There is no chance an inappropriately made up look could result. All they would do is enhance the already divine skin of the youthful without coverage.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Juliamoore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate to rain on everybody parade but I just think that it would be fair to give another side of the story.
I bought the lightest pearls after painful cringing at the price ($60 CAN). After all everybody kept saying that it makes their skin look so good. Well, majority is always right, right? Wrong!!! Always listen to your intuition and look at the ingridients. This bl****dy expensive thing is made out of TALC. Yes, cheap baby powder, that's famous for clogging properties- the very 1st ingridient . I loved the look of the box but opening it was frustrating - there would be dusty particles flying all over in the air (I literally saw my hard earned small dollar signs flying around, what a waste of and expensive product).
My face is a mess and every little bit of help in terms of make up makes a difference for me. I have HUUGE pores, oily face and I am very picky about my setting powders (I have them all: HD, MAC Prep/Prime, Tarte, Dr. Hauchka, Laura Mercier etc. etc). I use lots of mattifing products due to my skin nature and texture so I end up looking too powdery and overdone sometimes. So a little shimmer just brings me back to life.
First of all if you have big pores - don't get it, it makes them so obvious and talc cloggs them, second if you are oily - don't get it, talc will not last and hold oil well. Thirdly if you r looking for an illuminating effect - don't get it, it is way too make-upy sparkly Twighlight type. Who should get it - people with even, nearly perfect skin who r quite burdened with money and carry a big bag around for touch ups. Sounds like Paris Hilton.
Try it at Sephora , go outside and look in the mirror then. I bet then you won't be tempted to waste your hard earned money since what you will see won't cost the hype.

21 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 6:26:00 AM More reviews by cookiedough8

Instant complexion brightener. I use mine (01 Mythic and 03 Beige Chic, version before renewal) as an all-over finishing powder. It sets foundation nicely and leaves the impression that my skin glowing from within.
Expensive, but one box of these pretty pearls practically lasts forever - and I use mine everyday. I usually don't splurge on HE makeup, largely because I can't afford to, but this one is an exception with reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by amberlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore these little things!!! The packaging, the smell, the beautiful glow it imparts on my face, I just love em!! In fact, my love for these is the only thing that could justify the price of $60 US. Never in my life have I spent so much money on a powder, but I have a feeling these will last me forever. I use this all over my face whether I'm wearing liquid foundation, tinted moisturizer or nothing at all, and it literally just diffuses all of my flaws and leaves me completely glowing. I don't find the shimmer too much for day use either. On top of that, I just feel glamorous even applying it...it's my favorite part of my makeup routine! I will definately repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by jennifurrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these. The pearlescence is meant to be light-diffusing so this is a sort of special-effect powder; not a regular run-of-the-mill face setting powder. I don't use it to set foundation; I just use light dusting over areas where I have issues with pores or discolorization (around the aides of my chin; cheeks). The slight shimmer gives a muted soft-lighting effect. It does seem to blur imperfections a bit but it isn't a miracle-worker by any means. It's more of a luxury and a very fun one; if you enjoy your makeups and your pamperings of yourself by all means - get you some ballz.

Beautiful in the tin (mine is metal; not cardboard [?!] -I have shade 02); smells divine and the softlighting effect thing works wonderfully for me. Subtle though and doesn't seem to have a very long life; for this reason I would like a portable version but at $170 US the pressed compacts are ridiculously overpriced; refills are a little more "reasonable" (relatively speaking - $70). There's also a smaller built-in powder-puff loose powder portable version that's about $70 US I think; this one I would love to try but I cannot get over the idea of that puff not being removable -- how does one clean it? I can't imagine never washing it; it'd become a bacteria farm inside of a month touching it directly to even a moderately oily or even just made-up face.

Anyway -- the ballz themselves are definitely worth having. They will likely last forever. In loose and pressed versions the multi-colored bits are just adorable. They're also completely unnecessary to women in their teens and twenties for what they are meant to do; if you're underwhelmed it's likely because you have no need for such a product unless you're looking for some shimmer.

Great product. Will definitely repurchase in all its various over-priced formats.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by PINUPROCK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love the idea and concept of the product, but they did nothing for me....
I used them over my make up to get that lustery effect and I can see the difference on my face, I dont know if the reason is that the shade may be wrong for me???
the packaging is lovely and very refined..... others commet on the smell wich i find divine... but I guess it is just me.... maybe with a different shade i couls see a difference will have to try it out.......